POLL - Which trim level of Dacia Duster have you ordered? Did you add an extended warranty? - Page 3 - Dacia Duster Forum - Dacia Forum

News Feed

View All Updates

Photo

POLL - Which trim level of Dacia Duster have you ordered? Did you add an extended warranty?

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Poll: Which trim level of Dacia Duster have you ordered? Did you add an extended warranty? (193 member(s) have cast votes)

What trim level did you got for?

1. Access 4x2 (13 votes [6.74%])

Percentage of vote: 6.74%

2. Access 4x4 (11 votes [5.70%])

Percentage of vote: 5.70%

3. Ambiance 4x2 (28 votes [14.51%])

Percentage of vote: 14.51%

4. Ambiance 4x4 (18 votes [9.33%])

Percentage of vote: 9.33%

5. Laureate 4x2 (65 votes [33.68%])

Percentage of vote: 33.68%

6. Laureate 4x4 (58 votes [30.05%])

Percentage of vote: 30.05%

Did you extend your warranty?

1. No (124 votes [64.25%])

Percentage of vote: 64.25%

2. Yes - 5 years (50 votes [25.91%])

Percentage of vote: 25.91%

3. Yes - 7 years (19 votes [9.84%])

Percentage of vote: 9.84%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Dadford&son

Dadford&son

Advanced Member

• 228 posts

http://news.bbc.co.u...ope/1676832.stm

Was it this?

a93h201

a93h201

Advanced Member

• 230 posts
  • LocationWarrington
Extended my warranty to 7 but you can do it any time in the 1st year. Think it extends the road side assistance too

Duster Lauréate, 4x2, 1.5 DCi, ESC / ASR, Protection Pack, Adventure Pack, Caspian Blue

bob_r

bob_r

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 303 posts
  • LocationMilton Keynes
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster
  1. Hi,

I ordered, and have taken delivery of a Graphite Grey Laureate with ESC / ASR.

I chose from available stock at the Dealer (Marshalls, MK), because I had set myself the target of sorting out (reducing) my selection of Vehicles, so I have sold 3 cars (all getting near to needing Tax and Insurance) and replaced them with the Duster, total annual saving will be in excess of £1,000.00 pa.

I had a choice of an Access, an Ambiance in Silver with Adventure pack or the Laureate that I eventually chose, all 4 x 2, didn't consider 4 x 4.

I rejected the idea of the Access because I need to Tow a Car Trailer, and thought the Petrol Engine would have been expensive on Fuel.

I would have been happy with an Ambiance except that I really like to have Air Con.

So therefore although I'm not a particular Fan of Alloy wheels on this type of Car I went for the Laureate. Colour was never an issue for me so long as I can avoid Yellow and Pink.....lol

Didn't bother with extending the Warranty, the milage for 5 years is 60,000 pa which is the same as the included 3yr warranty, and I don't really expect to be keeping it for 7 years.

<p>Metallic Granite Grey Dacia Duster Laureate dCi 110 4 x 2 with ESC/ASR :) towbar, spare wheel and carrier, exhaust tailpipe trim, reverse sensors

Steve r

Steve r

Advanced Member

• On Holiday
  • 1613 posts
  • Locationwigan
Garage View Garage

• Hi,
I ordered, and have taken delivery of a Graphite Grey Laureate with ESC / ASR.
I chose from available stock at the Dealer (Marshalls, MK), because I had set myself the target of sorting out (reducing) my selection of Vehicles, so I have sold 3 cars (all getting near to needing Tax and Insurance) and replaced them with the Duster, total annual saving will be in excess of £1,000.00 pa.
I had a choice of an Access, an Ambiance in Silver with Adventure pack or the Laureate that I eventually chose, all 4 x 2, didn't consider 4 x 4.
I rejected the idea of the Access because I need to Tow a Car Trailer, and thought the Petrol Engine would have been expensive on Fuel.
I would have been happy with an Ambiance except that I really like to have Air Con.
So therefore although I'm not a particular Fan of Alloy wheels on this type of Car I went for the Laureate. Colour was never an issue for me so long as I can avoid Yellow and Pink.....lol
Didn't bother with extending the Warranty, the milage for 5 years is 60,000 pa which is the same as the included 3yr warranty, and I don't really expect to be keeping it for 7 years.

you have chosen wisely :)
  • Like x 1

chrisl300

chrisl300

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2826 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster 4x2 Laureate 2013
  • My Fuel Logs
    Average MPG: 44.527
Garage View Garage Contributor

As I understand it "bull bars" were rigid devices designed to protect the car and its occupants from collision with an animal. However they hugely increased the chance of injury and death to pedestrians, especially children. Most of the people fitting them had no need for them, and the EU banned them.

It is now illegal to supply a new car with rigid bull bars, or to offer them for sale as an after-sale product and fitting them would invalidate your insurance.

HOWEVER you can fit cosmetic A-bars, which are supplied for styling purposes, and hinged so they absorb some of the impact. To be approved they have to be less dangerous to pedestrians than the same car without the bars.They don't provide extra protection to the car or passengers and are just for show.

Dacia Duster "a car for people over-endowed with sense." - James May - TopGear
http://www.dacia.ie/...ster_review.pdf

Mark 1 Duster Technical Manuals (pdf): http://bit.ly/DaciaManuals

jeffers001

jeffers001

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationSouth Wales

Hi Micknand
Good point ... hadn't given this as much thought as I maybe should have. Following your post and armed with a tape rule I've measured my guitar cases against the boot measurements given in the Duster brochure. Looks like it won't be possible to lay my 1007 mm long guitar case fore to aft in the Duster boot (992 mm) without the back seat down (then giving 1760 mm). However, I reckon it will be possible to use the diagonals in the boot space to stow my guitars and Fishman Solo Amp, plus AER 60w Compact Amp, etc, etc, without needing to fold the back seats down. Also, there's good width available between wheel arches (1002 mm). However, I am going to be a very happy bunny anyway as I have to squeeze everything into my Clio just now ... so I'm going to be so blown away by the Duster space that I may just have to write a song about it.
StoneBreaker

Without seats folded I can fit a med size amp, smallish acoustic amp, standard Strat. in gig bag and full size dreadnought acoustic in hard case with no problem and plenty of room for other stuff.. amazin' size boot for an SUV type..

I could be unstoppable.. If I could just get started.. :huh:

roubiliac

roubiliac

• Members
  • 26 posts
Ambiance 4X2 silver, just bought the 5 year warranty.

Woz

Woz

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationBracknell

Laureate 4X4 in white and 5 year warranty

jeffers001

jeffers001

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationSouth Wales

StoneBreaker, a little of topic but I see you play guitar. Did you decide if a cased instrument would fit in the boot with the seats up or not? I wasn't sure, I should have taked one with me really. doh!

Mick

I can fit a full size Washburn acoustic in hard case, Standard size Classical in soft gig bag, a Strat.(copy) in gig bag, a Med. size 15amp acoustic amp, a 30 amp Vox and a music stand in my Duster without dropping the rear seats.. and still room for an overnight bag too!

(oop's.. just realised I'd already replied to this a few weeks back!.. doh..)

I could be unstoppable.. If I could just get started.. :huh:

GrahamR

GrahamR

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 371 posts
  • LocationAberdeenshire
  • Vehicle Driven:Dacia Sandero Ambiance 1.2 16v 75 in Pearl Black
Garage View Garage

It appears warranties can now be extended AFTER the first year of ownership (I have managed to do so anyway!)

Graham

SANDERO AMBIANCE 1.2 16v 75 in PEARL BLACK

Delboy65

Delboy65

Advanced Member

• 71 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster Laureate 1.5D 4x4 Alpine White
  • My Fuel Logs
    Average MPG: 50.358
Having recently had a Qashqui, an Ix-35 and a Rav-4 as hire cars for work i was sure to go for this class of vehicle when my 10yo Fiesta finally packed up. With that now developing electrical faults i decided enough was enough so set about looking.
Was a big fan of the Ix-35 and seeing as could get the full spec panorama 4x4 for £21k thru Blue Light Card was close to committing but then recalled the Top Gear review of Dacia's

Booked a test drive for last Saturday and decided then to buy one. Yes they are not as polished as the mainstream cars but for £6k less it is value for money.

Having the cash i would have preferred the L Prime but seeing even standard spec models were 3-4 month lead times (my fiesta MOT due Sept) i went for stock Lauriette in White. No extra packs.

Was convinced by the sales lass to go for minimum value/term finance (£3.5k/24m) "but repay early" to get £750 contribution and the extra 2 years warranty. I would not have plumded for that if paying myself, but thought it may have some added value if looking to sell the car in 3-4 years time

Was expecting to collect it this Saturday but was told about recall concerning Handbrake, based on comments on my other thread i wonder if i was spun a yarn by Perrys

Troute

Troute

amazing, just amazing!

• 2926 posts
  • LocationHighlands
  • Vehicle Driven:Kia Soul
  • My Fuel Logs
    Average MPG: 69.043
Garage View Garage

3-4 months is not bad, it gives you just enough time to get excited and buy all those extras :) two years ago folk were waiting in excess of 9 months.

Haggis! - Dacia Duster 4x2 Laureate with ESC/ASR in Mariana Blue. 

Spotless

Delboy65

Delboy65

Advanced Member

• 71 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster Laureate 1.5D 4x4 Alpine White
  • My Fuel Logs
    Average MPG: 50.358

3-4 months is not bad, it gives you just enough time to get excited and buy all those extras :) two years ago folk were waiting in excess of 9 months.

Maybe, but my Fiesta MOT due in only 2 months and would cost circa £500 to pass (new exhaust and 4 tyres) and I didnt want to throw that money down the drain

Roughcut1

Roughcut1

Advanced Member

• 313 posts
  • LocationBarnsley, South Yorkshire, UK.
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster Prestige 4x4 dci Slate Grey

Ordered a Laureate in Granite Grey 4x2 with Protection pack and styling pack.

Nice to know I am not the only one to order a styling pack :)

Roughcut1

Roughcut1

Advanced Member

• 313 posts
  • LocationBarnsley, South Yorkshire, UK.
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster Prestige 4x4 dci Slate Grey

Nice to know I am not the only one to order a styling pack :)

Changed my order to the prestige now, I think I'll get it standard and add stuff myself it will probably work out less expensive that way and I will get a greater choice of accessories.

South Coast 33

South Coast 33

Advanced Member

• 33 posts
  • LocationEast Sussex
I've got the Laureate model. With the 5 year Extended Warranty. The reason i got the extra Warranty was the last owner took it out. Then he changed the duster for a new one in just over a year

iDaring

iDaring

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 462 posts
  • LocationSussex
  • Vehicle Driven:'66' Dacia Sandero Stepway Lauréate dCi 90
Garage View Garage
A good find then.. nice one.
'66' Dacia Sandero Stepway Lauréate dCi 90

South Coast 33

South Coast 33

Advanced Member

• 33 posts
  • LocationEast Sussex

The dealer had 4 S/H in stock. One in Blue with 20.000 on the clock.. Two in silver one was a 4wd. Plus the Grey that i got with 10,570 on the clock.

• Like x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users