UK Dacia Forum banner

DRL's - Retrofit to your Duster

10K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  Andy Monty 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Now added the Dacia Official Fitting Guide for Phillips DRL's

#9 ·
Nick said:
This is the support topic for the tutorial DRL's - Retrofit to your Duster. Please post here if you have any questions or helpful advice to offer.if
Can some one tell me as to where the control box is fitted for the DRL's in the engine compartment as I have bought the kit and am ready to install
I've just left mie sat on the chassis rail in front and below the battery. it has lips either side of it so it can't fall off unless I turn the car over.

#11 ·
I have found the location to fit the controller but I can't find the wire loom for the side lights. I can see the cables if I take off the rubber cover to replace the lamps but don't see the wiring loom. Do you have to take a cover off to get at the loom. Can anyone help ?

#20 ·
Steve I went out to fit them, I thought I could take the top grill off so that I could clip and feed the cables but that is part of the whole bumper, I then had a go at the bottom grey panel but that is part of the bumper. How did you manage to feed and secure the cables for the lights? Ron
that's the fiddley bit. Get a bamboo cane and tape a hook to the end and you can get hold of the cable through the grill and feed it allong so both cables end up at the bottom right of the radiator, then use it again to pull the cables up the side of the rad to the top.

#22 · (Edited by Moderator)
that's the fiddley bit. Get a bamboo cane and tape a hook to the end and you can get hold of the cable through the grill and feed it allong so both cables end up at the bottom right of the radiator, then use it again to pull the cables up the side of the rad to the top.
Steve after I left you the message about how to feed the cables last night I went on the web to search for a workshop manual for the duster to see if that would help and I managed to get one on disc in English PDF file. It's coming from Portugal.

The fitting of these lights are becoming a challenge as there is certainly not a lot of room to manoeuvre under the bonnet. and you cannot gain access from underneath I have bought the reversing sensors and the PDF on the forum for fitting seems a lot easier than fitting DRL's even although there is a lot more involved . Thanks again for your assistance Ron

#24 ·
Steve after I left you the message about how to feed the cables last night I went on the web to search for a workshop manual for the duster to see if that would help and I managed to get one on disc in English PDF file. It's coming from Portugal.

The fitting of these lights are becoming a challenge as there is certainly not a lot of room to manoeuvre under the bonnet. and you cannot gain access from underneath I have bought the reversing sensors and the PDF on the forum for fitting seems a lot easier than fitting DRL's even although there is a lot more involved . Thanks again for your assistance Ron
no probs :)

#25 ·
I eventually fitted the DRL's. Trying to feed the wires and fix them was quite a task because of the Air conditioning there is no space to get the wires up the side. I took the front nearside wheel arch cover off which allowed me to put my hand in and feed the cables up the side after attaching the offside one to the top of the grill and then picking up the two cables and attaching them to the cable loom coming from the power steering pump and up on to the top to the control unit. Ron

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.