17 replies to this topic

duster_4x4_driver

duster_4x4_driver

Advanced Member

• 577 posts
  • LocationHampshire
  • Vehicle Driven:2013 Argentum Silver (K23) Dacia Duster Lauréate dCi 110 4x4
Garage View Garage

My Touch up paint pens arrived today from SMC and confirmed what I already suspected.  Its Nissan paint.

I have a K23 Argentum Silver Duster.  K23 is the same code used by Nissan but I wasn't sure so got the ones being sold by SMC.

I suspect that all the colours in the current Dacia range are Nissan colours and armed with this info you should find it easier to get after market touch up pains from places like Halfords etc.....

These were the one that I got.

20131116_135113.jpg

Hope this helps

• Useful x 2
  • Agree x 1

2013 Argentum Silver (K23) Dacia Duster Lauréate dci 110 4WD - called Bettie

IAM Member, Advanced Car & Motorcycle (please don't hold that against me)

Join the Hampshire Dusters Group, all Dacia owners welcome click here to be a Ham-Ster

R-head

R-head

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 519 posts
  • LocationPerth
Garage View Garage
I'd agree there, my scratch repair/touch up kit was from Paints4u, they had no record of Dacia and Granite Grey (the best colour). They looked at the paint code FAA, and said it was Nissan grey/green ........ so at the time I took a gamble after they looked at the swatch and said it was more grey, got it and it was a perfect match :)

Quackers, a 4WD Laureate

Quackers - a Lauréate 4WD

Home of the cheap mods dash cam, tow bar, reversing sensor, carpeted glove box, drinks holders & overhead storage, speaker upgrade x4, engine bay rubber seal, LED internal/external lights, de-tango'd, universal mud flap fit, wiper upgrade 20" & 22" ..... more to come; OEM or DIY .... you do the maths!  

Royale431

Royale431

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 312 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh
  • Vehicle Driven:Kia Cee'd SW - No longer considering replacing with a Dacia on the basis of numerous reports of poor QC and attitude to Customer Complaints, unless the company can demonstrate clearly and unambiguoisly that they have both taken steps that will ensure the rust issue will not recur, and adequately compensated those owners affected.

A clever way of keeping the costs down that one, on Dacia's part - I like it.

Troute

Troute

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 2,426 posts
  • LocationHighlands
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster
  • My Fuel Logs
    Average MPG: 48.638
Garage View Garage

Seems to work for the Marianna Blue as well thougn I've not actually seen it yet, Nissan B23 dark blue is listed, I'll see if I can fins some to check.

Haggis! - Dacia Duster 4x2 Laureate with ESC/ASR in Mariana Blue. 

Spotless

duster_4x4_driver

duster_4x4_driver

Advanced Member

• 577 posts
  • LocationHampshire
Garage View Garage

Halfords do a great little scratch repair kit for most makes and looks as though they have all NISSAN colours.  I like this kit as it comes with a primer, paint and a clear coat as well as a little prep tool to get a good finish and I have them for minor stone chips on a few cars.

Whilst Nissan use the same code ie K23 they do use slightly different names for the paint.  Dacia call mine Argentum Silver but Nissan call it Brilliant Silver (how apt LOL).  So you might have to do a bit of digging around to get the right paint name if buying from Halfords.

I think that made sense :)

397422.jpg

Join the Hampshire Dusters Group, all Dacia owners welcome click here to be a Ham-Ster

Dusterdly & Muttley

Dusterdly & Muttley

Scottish Regional Organiser

• Events Moderator
  • 4,997 posts
  • LocationKingdom of Fife
  • Vehicle Driven:Silvery Silver Duster Ambiance 4x4 called George
Garage View Garage Contributor
Of course argentum silver is brilliant !!!
lol...thats hilarious :D

Silvery silver is the best

• Disagree x 1
  • Agree x 1

Scottish McDacia Forum - Admin
http://www.daciaforu...-mcdacia-forum/

Member of the RTFB

Timeliner

Timeliner

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 233 posts
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire
  • Vehicle Driven:Dacia Sandero 1.2 Ambiance

Does anyone know what the paint code is, or how to find the paint code for Sandero sargasso blue?

duster_4x4_driver

duster_4x4_driver

Advanced Member

• 577 posts
  • LocationHampshire
Garage View Garage

Does anyone know what the paint code is, or how to find the paint code for Sandero sargasso blue?

Your paint code is RPK Sargasso Blue.  You should find it in the brochure just to confirm

Royale431

Royale431

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 312 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh
  • Vehicle Driven:Kia Cee'd SW - No longer considering replacing with a Dacia on the basis of numerous reports of poor QC and attitude to Customer Complaints, unless the company can demonstrate clearly and unambiguoisly that they have both taken steps that will ensure the rust issue will not recur, and adequately compensated those owners affected.
Thinking about it, this also explains why the Duster colour pallette for the UK differs from that in mainland europe - the Chennai factory simply mixes one lot of paints for application to all its products. Why spend a fortune in r&d for a bespoke range of paints when the hall next door is mixing perfectly attractive colours? That's "Doing the Maths" at its best!

Keep an eye on the current Micra range for an idea of other colours that may start to be offered in future!

Troute

Troute

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 2,426 posts
  • LocationHighlands
  • My Fuel Logs
Garage View Garage

Renault parts, Nissan based 4x4 system, Nissan paint why not?

• Agree x 1

Spotless

Redforce

Redforce

Formally "2Dusterschris"

• Premium Member
  • 296 posts
  • LocationUphill, Weston super Mare
  • Vehicle Driven:Cinder Red Logan MCV TCe90 Ambiance

I've just taken delivery of some touch up paint from paints4u for my Alpine White Duster, paint code OQM1.

It is Nissan paint, code QM1.

There's a pattern developing here, hope it helps someone.

Formally "2Dusterschris"

mainecoon

mainecoon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • Locationherefordshire
  • Vehicle Driven:Sandero 1.5 dci Ambiente
Garage View Garage

Would therefore Dacia Pearl Black be Nissan Kuro Black - Code KH3 from Halfords ?

duster_4x4_driver

duster_4x4_driver

Advanced Member

• 577 posts
  • LocationHampshire
Garage View Garage

Um not sure on that one.  You might have to do a bit of digging

R-head

R-head

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 519 posts
  • LocationPerth
Garage View Garage

The paint code on the Stepway brochure lists it as '676' ..... quick search on old Google brings this up as Pearl Black 676, a Renault colour .... :)

Quackers - a Lauréate 4WD

Home of the cheap mods dash cam, tow bar, reversing sensor, carpeted glove box, drinks holders & overhead storage, speaker upgrade x4, engine bay rubber seal, LED internal/external lights, de-tango'd, universal mud flap fit, wiper upgrade 20" & 22" ..... more to come; OEM or DIY .... you do the maths!  

duster_4x4_driver

duster_4x4_driver

Advanced Member

• 577 posts
  • LocationHampshire
Garage View Garage

Well that will be it then.  So they use a combination of Renault and Nissan colours, makes sense

Troute

Troute

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 2,426 posts
  • LocationHighlands
  • My Fuel Logs
Garage View Garage

The Sandero is made in Romania isn't it so a different paint range is available.  The Duster uses Nissan paint because it's made in the same factory as Nissan cars.

• Agree x 1

Spotless

arob.wk

arob.wk

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 1,193 posts
  • LocationKernow (some say it's in England)
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster Laureate 4WD diesel w ESC (colour: occasionally white)

I'm thinking to buy Duster (Nissan) White pens in bulk.  Before you ask, the answer is "no", I'm not thinking to sell them on.  I shall be keeping them for myself !!! :angry: :huh:

Fluffy has been released from the remedial institution.  She looks much younger than her 14 mths Duster-age, but I'm still planning to use-up a spray-can of Bilt Hammer UC waxy-oily stuff.

Royale431

Royale431

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 312 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

I'm thinking to buy Duster (Nissan) White pens in bulk.  Before you ask, the answer is "no", I'm not thinking to sell them on.  I shall be keeping them for myself !!! :angry: :huh:

Rob, you're not thinking of this as a means to remedy the gripe you've highlighted in your signature-strip, are you? ;)

• Funny x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Touch up Paint, Paint Codes, Nissan, Renault, K23 Silver, paint Chip, Paint Repair

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users