NineCherries

Advanced Member

• 850 posts
  • LocationNear Stirling
  • Vehicle Driven:Stepway Laueate 1.5 dCi
  • My Fuel Logs
    Average MPG: 51.374
Garage View Garage
I didn't want to dual post in both forums.

Would someone with manually adjustable mirrors mind taking a pic of the housing the adjuster comes through? What sort of size of hole is already there?

I'm thinking of a speaker upgrade with a separate tweeter and I was considering mounting the tweeter in that housing. If the hole is big enough it would save me having to drill out laureate ones.

Thanks in advance.

Simon sandero

Simon sandero

Advanced Member

• 361 posts
  • LocationBurton on Trent
  • Vehicle Driven:Sandero 1.2 Ambiance in white

IMG-20131125-00004.jpg

I can see your thinking, You might fit a tweeter in there by removing the cone bit at the back..... but myself I prefer a tweeter at more head height to fully appreciate the sound  

• Useful x 1

And we're going to be remembered for the things that we say and do..... Lalalala

NineCherries

NineCherries

Advanced Member

• 850 posts
  • LocationNear Stirling
  • Vehicle Driven:Stepway Laueate 1.5 dCi
  • My Fuel Logs
    Average MPG: 51.374
Garage View Garage
Thank you :) much appreciated.

I suppose its a compromise to speaker position in a car. My wee Peugeot, and my old Audi had them at dash height on the door and the Vauxhalls I had in the past had them door or dash mounted too. You got to agree its better than ankle height. :)

I've got Food for thought now. The picture is very helpful.

It's either fusion components, Alpine components or JBL 2 ways I'll end up fitting (all currently in my possession) ;)
I like a bit of car audio I do, but I can't go daft with the Stepway as Lou is the main driver. Mind you I'm not after blow-the-windows-out volume just something with a good quality sound.

Simon sandero

Simon sandero

Advanced Member

• 361 posts
  • LocationBurton on Trent
  • Vehicle Driven:Sandero 1.2 Ambiance in white

You're right my old Astra mk 4 had them at mid door level and I replaced them at that position and better than low down as you say but if I've had a car that didn't have them I've run the cable up the door pillar fascia and had them at ear height.

Old car had 2 amps, 12 inch sub, JBL front components (powered by second amp) and JBL rear speakers..... I stripped it the amps and sub out and sold it as I was determined not to mess about with the interior of a brand new motor...... I am now wondering how long I can hold out as my only criticism of the whole car is the woefully inadequate front speakers.... I was thinking front Comps and a quality rear speakers, (would leave the sub and amps this time).     

• Like x 1

And we're going to be remembered for the things that we say and do..... Lalalala

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users