• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Gordy63

Gordy63

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationScotland
  • Vehicle Driven:Sandero
Got up this morning to a lake in passenger side front footwell ,appears to be coming from behind dash . Anyone have similar problems.

repso

repso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 832 posts
  • LocationEurope, mostly.
  • Vehicle Driven:Dacia Logan MCV 1.5 dci, now Sandero Ambience TCe90
Contributor

Possibly blocked condensate drain from A/C unit, assuming you have A/C.

Turn off the A/C till fixed. In the mean- time dry out the carpets ASAP with kitchen towels, hair-dryer etc to retard mould growth.

On some of the Renaults it's a rubber flap under the car. Gets blocked  with mud and debris, drain hose from condensate can't empty and leaks into footwell. Cleared by poking with coat hanger or removing flap altogether.

Drain hose accessible from behind dash, they say on the Renault forums, but I haven't examined any further.

Gordy63

Gordy63

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationScotland
Ac been switch off, sound proofing material is damp up behind dash passenger side . Had a look can't see anything obvious . All pipes dry water clear so no heater. Ac pipes dry Heavy rain last night but no more than normal in Scotland.

repso

repso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 832 posts
Contributor

"water clear so no heater"

No idea what that means. AC condensate is clear water.

If not A/C drain:

In order of keep it simple:

Window not rolled up,

Door ajar,

Windscreen scuttle drain blocked,

Windscreen seal leaking

Door card seal leaking/door drains blocked.

Gordy63

Gordy63

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationScotland
Problem resolved . The scuttle tray has a drain plug, just a rubber flap. Some crud had set like concrete blocking the drain shut after the recent dry spell. It's located on bulkhead behind screen wash filler . You can get to it from engine bay easily . Unblocked it and flushed out problem resolved just need a few warm days to dry out carpets and soundproofing material. Vax machine worked overtime today.
  • Useful x 1
  • Agree x 1
  • Like x 1

repso

repso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 832 posts
Contributor

Good news!

captainclumsy

captainclumsy

• 1 posts
  • Locationdartford
  • Vehicle Driven:sandeeero

Thanks Gordy -  followed your advice and cleared problem in a couple of minutes -hopefully - at least it is dry after last nights stoem!

mainecoon

mainecoon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • Locationherefordshire
  • Vehicle Driven:Sandero 1.5 dci Ambiente / logan laureate 1.5 dci
Garage View Garage

Our's went to dealership yesterday as  ... 2 inches water in front passenger footwell & also back ! This was fixed free of charge ( car out of warranty ) & due to blockages as mentioned above  . Apparently a known problem with Dacia / Renault  & also Peugeot & Nissan  !!

bigdavereading

bigdavereading

• 1 posts
  • Locationreading
  • Vehicle Driven:dacia sandero

Hi.

Same problem for me. I look behind the windscreen filler but could not see anything like a bung . any help would be appreciated.

This is the third time now that the front passenger footwell has been full of water.

Its booked in for next week but will have to drive round with it sloshing water all over as I have dried it up but it keeps refilling up.

Really frustrating. when I took it for service they said they could not find anything.

Looks like a common problem from the forums.

Daedalus

Daedalus

Advanced Member

• 1517 posts
  • LocationSheffield
  • Vehicle Driven:2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2

Hi.

Same problem for me. I look behind the windscreen filler but could not see anything like a bung . any help would be appreciated.

This is the third time now that the front passenger footwell has been full of water.

Its booked in for next week but will have to drive round with it sloshing water all over as I have dried it up but it keeps refilling up.

Really frustrating. when I took it for service they said they could not find anything.

Looks like a common problem from the forums.

From inside the engine compartment, feel up behind the nearside housing for the suspension strut and you will be able to feel a rubber flap. There is probably one on the offside as well but is not as accessible. To gain complete access remove the scuttle cover but that will require the removal of the wiper arms, remember to mark the home position, masking tape or similar to mark the position of the blade on the windscreen, if you do that.

BhunaBill

BhunaBill

• 6 posts
  • LocationNeath, South Wales
  • Vehicle Driven:Sandero 1.5dCi

I've had this twice now in the last 6 weeks or so, both times after heavy rain, the first time I thought maybe the door had been left ajar so I didn't contact the dealer but this morning I've had it again, and as I'm slightly wary now I know the doors were all firmly shut last night.

I'll be taking a look at the drain plug at lunch time, and will update later.

Daedalus

Daedalus

Advanced Member

• 1517 posts
  • LocationSheffield

It's autumn again. See for explanation of most likely cause with photos.

http://www.daciaforu...ootwells-flood/

• Useful x 1

Mwh65

Mwh65

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNorthants
  • Vehicle Driven:Dacia Sandero Stepway

Well I'm much relieved to have found this topic. After last nights deluge near Northampton I got in my Dacia Sandero Stepway this morning to find 2 inches of water in the front passenger footwell.

Wasn't sure how hard it was to unblock the scuttle plug so rang my local dealership, Richard Sanders in Kettering. After I explained the situation they could take a look at it on Thursday but it was going to cost me £117.00 for them to do so!!

After telling him there was no way I'm paying that to unblock a plug I will get someone local to follow this and the linked topic.

melonballer

melonballer

Advanced Member

• 38 posts
  • LocationScotland
  • Vehicle Driven:Sandero Essential 0.9 Tce

Its common on nearly all cars, because no one ever remembers to swap the pollen filters and clear the debris from the scuttle drains. Just be glad it didn't blow the heater blower motor like happens on other cars.

I swapped a pollen filter on my dads car not long ago, the new one weighed less than 100 grams, the old one weighed close a kilo as it was so loaded with dirt

Daedalus

Daedalus

Advanced Member

• 1517 posts
  • LocationSheffield

The pollen filter is not in the scuttle on Dacias but in the back of the heater box, cars with air con only and can be two different sizes. Search the forum for more info.

Mwh65

Mwh65

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNorthants
  • Vehicle Driven:Dacia Sandero Stepway

All sorted for my Sandero Stepway.

Drain plug was well and truly blocked not helped with the rubber plug in it according to my friend who works at a local garage. On checking the drivers side hole there isn't even a rubber plug in it so he removed the one on the passenger said as well.

Had various downpours today so will check the car in the morning but feeling good that it will be okay.

• Like x 1

melonballer

melonballer

Advanced Member

• 38 posts
  • LocationScotland
  • Vehicle Driven:Sandero Essential 0.9 Tce

The pollen filter is not in the scuttle on Dacias but in the back of the heater box, cars with air con only and can be two different sizes. Search the forum for more info.

No worries, it was just an observation that its a common issue on cars for the scuttle drains to clog, the scuttle to fill with water and then water to come into the passenger compartment via the heater air intake.

My last car was scuttle, pollen filter, blower motor - literally back to back and hence why the blower motors used to blow when the scuttle clogged, torrent of water poured right through the motor.

Prouty99

Prouty99

• 7 posts
  • LocationWigan
  • Vehicle Driven:MT15UFA

Reading further up this thread I gather that the rubber plug itself can be accesses without removing the water bottle, but I just looked and had a feel around and no dice. My Logan MCV is one of those with the AC system and there's pipework for the AC everywhere. I can imagine that it may be accessible if I took the wheel arch lining off?

Maybe a Dacia with less gubbins and more space under the hood may be a different story

Angryscottsman

Angryscottsman

• 2 posts
  • LocationBellshill
  • Vehicle Driven:Dacia Sandero
I have had happen to me 2 times now inches of water everywhere is dry except the passenger side floor cant see any holes. Any ideas please

Roger

Roger

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 3902 posts
  • LocationDudley, West Midlands. UK
  • Vehicle Driven:2013 (63) Sandero Stepway Laureate dCi 90 in Azurite Blue. Supplied with a full size 5 spoke spare wheel & tyre with a 80 km/h sticker ! Now driving with a permanently lit dashboard !
  • My Fuel Logs
    Average MPG: 50.23

I have had happen to me 2 times now inches of water everywhere is dry except the passenger side floor cant see any holes. Any ideas please

See this thread :- https://www.daciafor...otwells-flood/ wink.png

My Stepway ? I'm lovin' it !! :D  :D 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)