• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

TonyL

TonyL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • LocationManchester
  • Vehicle Driven:Ordered a Transit Custom 125ps Limited.

Are they worth it...seems they are same price in EU as here so could just order them locally?

Also wondering if a seal compound should be used between them and the body, sikaflex or the like maybe?

TonyL

TonyL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • LocationManchester

answering my own question, found the guide, then found the french YT guide, looks reasonably easy enough...think I will be getting the kit ;)

Troute

Troute

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 2,410 posts
  • LocationHighlands
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster
  • My Fuel Logs
    Average MPG: 48.638
Garage View Garage

Re the sealant, I'd say yes as long as the stuff you use is non acidic (I believe some silicone can be)  so it doesn't affect the paint finish over time.

Haggis! - Dacia Duster 4x2 Laureate with ESC/ASR in Mariana Blue. 

Spotless

WeegieBob

WeegieBob

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 190 posts
  • LocationNr Glasgow
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster Lauréate dCi 110 4x2
Garage View Garage

I haven't seen one of these kits, so what I'm about to say may be unnecessary - however having worked in Garages that fitted body kits we discovered that the edges of screw-on / clip-on kits i.e. wing extensions, bumper overlays, front spoilers, etc, etc sometimes rubbed the paint away where the extension edge met the main body as they flex on each other.

Perhaps if the kit doesn't include or the instructions don't suggest a bead edge protector it may be worth considering. That said, I hope members here will give you fitting advice having actually done the deed, as opposed to my well-meaning advice? ;)

WeegieBob.

• Like x 1
Duster Lauréate dCi 110 4x2, Argentum Silver, Protection Pack & Spare Wheel

TonyL

TonyL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • LocationManchester

It comes with the usual double sided tape looking at the video, im thinking of calling in one of the local paint supplies and seeing what sikaflex they suggest also, tigerbond / tigerseal may be best which you can get on the bay etc.

arob.wk

arob.wk

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 1,164 posts
  • LocationKernow (some say it's in England)
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster Laureate 4WD diesel w ESC (colour: occasionally white)

Any accessory manufacturers listening in?? 

I just wish someone would bring out un-obtrusive wheel-arch protectors that just cover the vulnerable edge of the wing around the wheel arches.  Every one to their own, but I'm personally not so keen on having 2-3" of black plastic slapped onto the outside of the wing around the wheel arches.   

• Agree x 1

Hope it's all true.  Too late for me though - I've already ordered Fluffy's birthday present.

Troute

Troute

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 2,410 posts
  • LocationHighlands
  • My Fuel Logs
    Average MPG: 48.638
Garage View Garage

Would sticky stuff like this http://www.ebay.co.u...=item33886d7da6 work?

Haggis! - Dacia Duster 4x2 Laureate with ESC/ASR in Mariana Blue. 

Spotless

methano

methano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationKristiansand, Norway
I mounted wheel arch kit to my ph 2 duster yesterday.
Take your time while you install.
Make sure everything is clean.
I also installed arches on my sisters Duster, and they are still tight fit after nearly 1 years of use.

Screws and cleanerwipes came with the kit.

It was easy, and it looks good!
  • Like x 1

'14 - Dacia Duster 4x4 Dci Nordic Edt. (Ph2, facelift)

'13 - Renault Twizy 80 Technic

Stuart

Stuart

Advanced Member

• On Holiday
  • 895 posts

My wheel arches have been on my Logan 7 years and are in perfect nick  WHY because i did not stick stuff on them that will or can hold water and bring rust

YUP you have got it Just my thoughts

• Agree x 1
  • Like x 1

jeffers001

jeffers001

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSouth Wales
The Dacia wheel arch protectors x 4 for the Duster comes to around £250.. these ones on the bay are only £50 pus postage..

http://www.ebay.co.u....84.m1423.l2649

My only concern is will they match the standard plastic matt black finish on my bumpers and sills? I've tried asking the supplier - but can't get a sensible answer.. So was wondering if anyone else has bought/fitted these.. and are they o.k.?

I could be unstoppable.. If I could just get started.. :huh:

Redforce

Redforce

Formally "2Dusterschris"

• Premium Member
  • 288 posts
  • LocationUphill, Weston super Mare
  • Vehicle Driven:Cinder Red Logan MCV TCe90 Ambiance

Hmm, chrome black matt, I would be wondering what colour and finish that is exactly.

Formally "2Dusterschris"

Geraint

Geraint

South and West Wales Region Organisor

• Stepway Forum Moderator
  • 3,456 posts
  • LocationLlanelli, South West Wales
  • Vehicle Driven:Stepway Laureate 1.5dci Glacier White
Garage View Garage

Hmm, chrome black matt, I would be wondering what colour and finish that is exactly.

Did you read the description of the add??
The add title is misleading, it's available in chrome or matt black or ready to paint, you choose on checkout.
They look quite nice in matt black looking at the photos...... Chrome looks a bit 90s chav but would look ok with chrome mirrors and handles etc
Sandero Stepway Moderator

jeffers001

jeffers001

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSouth Wales

Did you read the description of the add??
The add title is misleading, it's available in chrome or matt black or ready to paint, you choose on checkout.
They look quite nice in matt black looking at the photos...... Chrome looks a bit 90s chav but would look ok with chrome mirrors and handles etc

It's the matt black I was looking at..  but not sure if they would match the bumpers and trim.. maybe I'll just risk it.. well.. matt black is matt black innit huh? :huh:

I could be unstoppable.. If I could just get started.. :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users