• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Roger

Roger

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 3718 posts
  • LocationDudley, West Midlands. UK
  • Vehicle Driven:2013 (63) Sandero Stepway Laureate dCi 90 in Azurite Blue. Supplied with a full size 5 spoke spare wheel & tyre with a 80 km/h sticker ! Now driving with a permanently lit dashboard !
  • My Fuel Logs
    Average MPG: 50.413
Does anybody know where the cabin filter is situated on a Stepway Laureate ?
I took mine yesterday to my local friendly non-franchised garage to have a look around the car (he has never seen a Dacia and was very impressed, said it was a Cleo!) with a view to servicing it, in the future (much cheaper than the Renault dealers.) We could not decide where access to the cabin filter was ! Can anybody help ?

My Stepway ? I'm lovin' it !! :D  :D 

Stuart

Stuart

Advanced Member

• On Holiday
  • 895 posts

I know that the Old Logan did not have one ! But it had a place for one which we could make ourselves it was situated on the passengers footwell to the left and we have to make a hole in the heater motor (its OK the cover is there just needs to be removed ) and then a renault Clio filter fits inside perfect

If anyone wants to see how this is don just PM me your email address and I will send you the detailed instructions I bet its exactly the same as the old Logan

just checked the German forum it IS the same as the oild Logan

this first photo is the piece you need to knock out of the Heater blower house this will be on the drivers side in the UK near your left leg

img-7558-20446.JPG

WHEN YOU HAVE REMOVED IT ITS LIKE THIS

img-7585-20442.JPG

CLIO FILTER

img-7590-21826.JPG

FILTER WHEN FITTED !   EASY PEASY 

img-7594-36861.JPG

Roger

Roger

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 3718 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:2013 (63) Sandero Stepway Laureate dCi 90 in Azurite Blue. Supplied with a full size 5 spoke spare wheel & tyre with a 80 km/h sticker ! Now driving with a permanently lit dashboard !
  • My Fuel Logs

I know that the Old Logan did not have one ! But it had a place for one which we could make ourselves it was situated on the passengers footwell to the left and we have to make a hole in the heater motor (its OK the cover is there just needs to be removed ) and then a renault Clio filter fits inside perfect
If anyone wants to see how this is don just PM me your email address and I will send you the detailed instructions I bet its exactly the same as the old Logan

just checked the German forum it IS the same as the oild Logan
this first photo is the piece you need to knock out of the Heater blower house this will be on the drivers side in the UK near your left leg
img-7558-20446.JPG
WHEN YOU HAVE REMOVED IT ITS LIKE THIS
img-7585-20442.JPG
CLIO FILTER
img-7590-21826.JPG
FILTER WHEN FITTED !   EASY PEASY 
img-7594-36861.JPG

Thanks, Stuart, I will get down on my knees tomorrow and have a look, never guessed looking for it there ! :-)

Stuart

Stuart

Advanced Member

• On Holiday
  • 895 posts

yes ! In mine its in the passengers side (Germany ) just look to the side and up and yo u "should" hopefully see it ! there is not a lot of difference between the car layouts ! and I did mine myself its so easy you just do not have to be afraid of doing it ! I wacked it with a screwdriver and it broke out perfect

antavi

antavi

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 2815 posts
  • LocationBucharest, Romania
  • Vehicle Driven:2001 Dacia SuperNova/2005 Dacia Logan Sedan
Garage View Garage

yeah

not sure but stuart maybe right also for the new model that u get in the uk

it may be on the drivers foot to the left of the clutch pedal

somewhere around there in front of the heat radiator

2001 Dacia SuperNova

Dacia pdf Manuals

Roger

Roger

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 3718 posts
  • My Fuel Logs

yeah

not sure but stuart maybe right also for the new model that u get in the uk

it may be on the drivers foot to the left of the clutch pedal

somewhere around there in front of the heat radiator

Cannot see any thing that resembles Stuart's pics, do you have to remove the floor carpets first ?

Stuart

Stuart

Advanced Member

• On Holiday
  • 895 posts

No it upwards ! lay down and look up ! you will see a black box ! try putting the heater on full when you are down there and you will then maybe find it from the noise

attachment.php?attachmentid=459&d=124083

antavi

antavi

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 2815 posts
Garage View Garage

http://www.220.ro/au...gan/vR34An7f68/

2001 Dacia SuperNova

Dacia pdf Manuals

Stuart

Stuart

Advanced Member

• On Holiday
  • 895 posts

Yes Antavi but the film shows the filter after it has been modified What they must understand is the hole for the filter has to be made while it is not there it needs to have the blanking plug knocked out

antavi

antavi

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 2815 posts
Garage View Garage

Yes Antavi but the film shows the filter after it has been modified What they must understand is the hole for the filter has to be made while it is not there it needs to have the blanking plug knocked out

there are 2 links two videos

the 1st link shows all  stu

• Like x 1

2001 Dacia SuperNova

Dacia pdf Manuals

roycedakin

roycedakin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • LocationPeak District
  • Vehicle Driven:sandero stepway laureate
According to My maintenance programme for My Stepway Laureate, which is vehicle specific,it says replace the cabin filter at 12000 or 1year.It follows that You cant replace something that isnt there in the first place. But on saying that I have asked the question before on this forum and I still haven't found it.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Stuart

Stuart

Advanced Member

• On Holiday
  • 895 posts

antavi ! Brilliant ! I did not notice the link above the film ! could be cos its not a Utube film But it is exactly the way to do it !

Roger

Roger

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 3718 posts
  • My Fuel Logs

According to My maintenance programme for My Stepway Laureate, which is vehicle specific,it says replace the cabin filter at 12000 or 1year.It follows that You cant replace something that isnt there in the first place. But on saying that I have asked the question before on this forum and I still haven't found it.

Sent from my GT-I9300

That makes at least two of us then ! :-(
What are the dimentions of the filter front I am looking for ?

Stuart

Stuart

Advanced Member

• On Holiday
  • 895 posts

Has anybody been out to the car yet and had a look ?

another bunch of photos to show how its done When and IF you find it

https://plus.google....CMnd7tHzvLCzhAE

• Like x 1

Roger

Roger

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 3718 posts
  • My Fuel Logs

Has anybody been out to the car yet and had a look ?

another bunch of photos to show how its done When and IF you find it

https://plus.google....CMnd7tHzvLCzhAE

Have been and looked, but did not know what and how big it was ( the one on my SEAT was about 30cm x 15cm under the grill on the outside below the windscreen) that I was looking for ! It's wet and dark outside now, so will have another look tomorrow. I've still got eleven months/thousand miles before it needs to be changed ! :-)

Roger

Roger

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 3718 posts
  • My Fuel Logs
http://www.mister-au...v6675_g424.html

Found this on the web ! :-) At least I know what I am looking for now !
I know what it is, I know what it looks like, I know what it does, I know when to change it, it's just a case of finding the damn thing ! :-(

Stuart

Stuart

Advanced Member

• On Holiday
  • 895 posts

Why look on the WEB ?? I have have put the photos up about 2 times with that filter you wont see that filter when you look anyway cos its inside a housing THAT is if you have one fitted :D

Roger

Roger

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 3718 posts
  • My Fuel Logs

Why look on the WEB ?? I have have put the photos up about 2 times with that filter you wont see that filter when you look anyway cos its inside a housing THAT is if you have one fitted :D

Thank you Stuart, at least I know how big it is, photos can be deceiving ! I've been looking for something much bigger (as on my SEAT)! Pretty sure I know where it is now !

Dougal1957

Dougal1957

Sandero Forum Moderator

• 316 posts
  • LocationChesterfield
  • Vehicle Driven:Sandero Laureate 1.2 Pearl Black
Garage View Garage Contributor

I still can't find it on my Sandero Laureate and as we know it must be there as it has the Aircon and it needs to be changed at 12000 miles doesn't it?

Sandero Forum Moderator

Regards

Doug

Pearl Black Dacia Sandero Laureate 1.2 16V http://www.daciaforu...-lauréate-2013/

Stuart

Stuart

Advanced Member

• On Holiday
  • 895 posts

It is also there for those WITHOUT AC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users