service reset ECU

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

RHodgett

RHodgett

• 4 posts
  • LocationLeeds
  • Vehicle Driven:Dacia Logan MCV 1.0
Has anyone worked this out? Dacia garage said £80 to turn the lights off!

I tried the Dacia reset light app on Android with no luck (said it worked but nope!). Couldn't connect with pyren, said it couldn't detect ECU.

Daedalus

Daedalus

Advanced Member

• 1289 posts
  • LocationSheffield
  • Vehicle Driven:2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2

There is alternative software ddt4all and its android port ecu-tweaker. You should be  detecting 5 ecus, 6 if you have Medianav or dab radio. The chip in the elm327 is important.

https://www.daciafor...e-warning-lamp/

welshwoody

welshwoody

• 4 posts
  • LocationNorth Wales
  • Vehicle Driven:Logan MCV Stepway Summit

Have a 2017 Logan MCV Summit Stepway which is fine except for this problem.

Details are; car first reg 09/17

Car purchased 05/18 (Ex demonstrator with 1972 miles on clock)

Car was given first service by dealership before handed over to me, so service is 4 months before 1st year up.

Was told service warning light had been switched off.

In Sept 18 service warning light came on, and it took a dealership to switch warning light off (for free!)

Had second service in May 19, service warning light never came on because it was 4 months early, garage switched off warning in computer. Now have service warning light on today (30/09/19) again, and can't switch it off.

Dealership now wants to charge for switching it off.

Had been told can switch it off myself, using column switch on end of indicator stalk, but this car's computer does not have the relevant section as detailed in the handbook. 

Any ideas how this can be resolved? 

The cars computer seems to have an over-riding date in it of September each year and won't recognize the May date.

gskishore

gskishore

• 2 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh
  • Vehicle Driven:Dacia Logan MCV Laureate DCI 2017

Hi,

I have a Logan MCV 2017 TCe 90 (0.9 litre). I've had the first service completed by an independent mechanic but the service indicator is stil showing on the dashboard. A typical ignition sequence goes like this:

• Turn ignition key
  • Right-hand dashboard display (multi-function) shows a car icon and a spanner icon
  • Left hand dashboard display (rev counter) shows yellow engine management light
  • Right-hand dashboard display changes from car/spanner to whichever display I've previously chosen (total milage, trip milage, set tyre pressure or outside temperature).
logan-reset-service.jpg

I'd like to reset the service indication. Things I've tried:

1) The "three-brake-pedal" technique:
  • Engine is off, no pedals pressed then, within 10 seconds:
  • Turn ignition to postion 2
  • Press-and-hold accelerator pedal
  • Press-and-release brake pedal 3 times
  • Release accelerator pedal
  • Turn ignition off
2) The "wiper stalk button" technique:
  • Engine is off, no buttons pressed then:
  • Turn ignition to position 2
  • Press-and-hold the button on the end of the wiper stalk for at least 5 seconds (that's the button that cycles through the display modes)
  • Release the button
  • Turn ignition off

So far I haven't been able to reset the service indication so I was wondering if there was a new trick for the 2017 Logan MCV? Any help appreciated thank you.

gskishore

gskishore

• 2 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh
  • Vehicle Driven:Dacia Logan MCV Laureate DCI 2017
I had the same issue with my Dacia Logan MCV laureate 2017. After I changed the oil and filter, I tried to reset the mileage to next service by pressing and holding the reset key for 10 seconds as per the manual but it didn't work. However, I tried to do that while I was driving the car later and it successfully reset it to default 12500 miles! I think the engine should be running to reset this feature!

Daedalus

Daedalus

Advanced Member

• 1289 posts
  • LocationSheffield

Was the warning light on when you decided to change the oil? It is the warning light in the speedo you can not reset. How long have you had the car? Is it a "facelift" with the window controls on the door armrests?

Martin.p

Martin.p

• 1 posts
I have 2019 logan laurette, how to turn off the service light on the Rev counter display.
Using the button on the window wiper stalk scroll through miles temperature ect until the spanner without any numerals above it is displayed, proceed to drive the vehicle & whilst in motion press & hold the button down for several seconds until the service light on the Rev counter side go's off. This just worked for me, I'm pretty sure the vehicle must be in motion when you press & hold the button down.
  • Useful x 1

Roger

Roger

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 3785 posts
  • LocationDudley, West Midlands. UK
  • Vehicle Driven:2013 (63) Sandero Stepway Laureate dCi 90 in Azurite Blue. Supplied with a full size 5 spoke spare wheel & tyre with a 80 km/h sticker ! Now driving with a permanently lit dashboard !
  • My Fuel Logs
    Average MPG: 50.377

I have 2019 logan laurette, how to turn off the service light on the Rev counter display.
Using the button on the window wiper stalk scroll through miles temperature ect until the spanner without any numerals above it is displayed, proceed to drive the vehicle & whilst in motion press & hold the button down for several seconds until the service light on the Rev counter side go's off. This just worked for me, I'm pretty sure the vehicle must be in motion when you press & hold the button down.

Have you discovered the "secret", the car has to be in motion ? wink.png

My Stepway ? I'm lovin' it !! :D  :D 

roycedakin

roycedakin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • LocationPeak District
  • Vehicle Driven:sandero stepway laureate

I have a 2018 Stepway Summit 0.9tce but scrolling through the aforementioned I can't find a spanner with info above it.?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

spooky1000

spooky1000

• 6 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
  • Vehicle Driven:Sandero

I have a 2018 Stepway Summit 0.9tce but scrolling through the aforementioned I can't find a spanner with info above it.?

I think it's only top spec models that get a full trip computer with oil life/service interval section.  We don't have it on our 2018 Sandero Essential.  

billathome65

billathome65

• 3 posts
  • LocationManchester
  • Vehicle Driven:Logan MCV
So can this be reset by just using a handheld obd11 reader? Or do you have to download a program and do it via the laptop?

Cheers

roycedakin

roycedakin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • LocationPeak District
  • Vehicle Driven:sandero stepway laureate

I think it's only top spec models that get a full trip computer with oil life/service interval section. We don't have it on our 2018 Sandero Essential.

The summit is special edition top spec

JLB

JLB

Advanced Member

• 35 posts
  • LocationSouthern Tarn, France
  • Vehicle Driven:2019 Sandero Stepway 90tce, 1977 MGB roadster

When I had a VW, on one of the forums it was often suggested that the first thing to try as a way of removing unwanted dashboard lights was as follows:

Disconnect both leads to the battery (earth first of course), and then, away from the battery, touch them together for about 5-6 seconds. Reconnect the leads (pos. first), and drive the car. Any lights would disappear after a few kms.

Don't know if it works on Dacias, never had to try it so it's up to you. It's similar to when a Windows laptop crashes - disconnect mains, remove battery, press the 'Go' button for 5-6 secs, reconnect mains, reboot, and when it's up and running again, reconnect the battery.

Daedalus

Daedalus

Advanced Member

• 1289 posts
  • LocationSheffield

Might work you are clearing learnt values from the volatile memory. I suspect however the service warning is stored in non volatile memory though no harm in trying.

A word of warning. I would not touch the battery terminals leads together. The idea is obviously to discharge any capacitors holding up the voltage to the memory though sudden complete discharge can run the risk of damaging large value capacitors. You would be better just disconnecting the positive and leaving a few minutes.

• Like x 1

JLB

JLB

Advanced Member

• 35 posts
  • LocationSouthern Tarn, France
  • Vehicle Driven:2019 Sandero Stepway 90tce, 1977 MGB roadster

Good point. It was never reported to have done any harm on the VW forum, but as always, better safe than sorry.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: service, reset, ECU

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users