New Duster noisy transmission

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

weschris

weschris

• 4 posts
  • LocationCornwall
  • Vehicle Driven:Sandero Stepway

I have just purchased a new petrol Duster and I am experiencing noisy transmission is 4th gear when under load. I have taken it back to the dealer but they have not been able to fix it and they say there is nothing wrong. I wondered if anyone else has had the same problem.

Dusterone

Dusterone

• 2 posts
  • LocationItaly
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster 4x4 2018 115cv dCi
Hello Weschris, same here. I’ve a new 115cv dCi 4wd and I’m hearing transmission noise in 4th, 5th and 6th gear, especially under 2000rpm.

My first attempt with Dacia assistance was useless, they told me that it's normal transmission noise... Now the car has 5000km and last week I’ve been at assistance again, because of increased noise. They’ll let me know about the problem within few days. I hope they’ll find something because it’s a very bad and worrying noise..

lyubok

lyubok

• 1 posts
  • LocationSofia
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster 1.5 DCI 110
Hello guys, I also bought a Duster 1.5 DCI 4x4, January 2018 MY. There is an issue with the transmission and I checked this in two different dealerships here in Bulgaria. They admit there is an issue with most of the gearboxes. Internal design issue. Now waiting for official service recall or whatever they name it. One of the dealers shared with me that they replaced 2 gearboxes with new ones and they still produce the same sound. My gearbox tends to make this sound constantly but it gets loudest between 100 and 120 kph. Kind of annoying on a long highway journey. I have 17000 km on the clock. Apologies for using the metric system and good luck with you dealers. I hope this info helps a bit :)

Dunx

Dunx

• 7 posts
  • LocationAyrshire
  • Vehicle Driven:2019 Duster blue diesel 4x4

Yep mine howls along too, same car but June 2019 build. Some of it sounds like it is coming from the rear differential. To be honest it doesn't bother me, I didn't expect a silent car :)

theforestdweller

theforestdweller

• 18 posts
  • LocationForest of Dean
  • Vehicle Driven:2019 Seat Arona FR Sport 1.0 TSI 115

My turn to whine now sad.png

I have a new Duster (TCe 150 4x4) but have some real concerns with what I think may be a rear differential problem. There is a distinct and intrusive whine coming from the rear of the vehicle the pitch of which varies according to road speed. It is not gear dependent, indeed the noise is still there when gear shift is in neutral and  the car is just coasting. The pitch is lower at slow speeds and gets higher as speed increases. Doesn’t matter whether the vehicle is cold or fully warmed up, still the same sound. No difference whether in 2WD or Auto.

I understand that the 4WD system is the same as that used in the Qashqai, and the 4WD one I owned certainly didn’t make the noise I’m hearing now.

Car has done 135 mile since collection last Friday (20th November 2020) and 100 miles of that is me trying to ascertain what’s going on!

I’ve tried recording the sound on my phone, but not picked up through the normal tyre/road noise. Obviously I’m going to contact the dealership, but thought to seek some opinions from real life users first.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users