SatNav

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

robgul

robgul

• 14 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Vehicle Driven:Dacia Duster Comfort 2019

Just bought brand new 2019 Duster Comfort on 29 April 2019 (replacing a Duster Laureate 2017 which I've passed to my daughter) - superb vehicle BUT the built-in sat nav is frustrating me . . . 

If I enter a destination with a postcode it picks up the general locality and street (sometimes) if you then try and enter a house number it will only accept one digit (e.g for 65 it accepts the 6 and then the number pad is greyed out) ... and sometimes a message flashes up "this map does not support streets" (or words to that effect)

I have the basic out of the dealership set up and expected it to work as my faithful cigar lighter powered Garmin right down to house number.

Am I missing something or is the map "crippled" to force purchase of an upgrade?    I'vr run the USB stick process from car to PC to car and it still doesn't work (and it looks like I may have burnt my boats with the 90 day upgrade?)

Any ideas please - or guidance.

Karl_Hunt

Karl_Hunt

Advanced Member

• 83 posts
Use Android auto or apple car play.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

robgul

robgul

• 14 posts
  • LocationUK

I bought a car with sat nav ..... not an attachment for my phone!    [My use of a mobile phone is just for phone calls - and not connected to the car either]

Further tests with a list of postcodes/house numbers finds that some work and some don't with no logical reason - and the salesman at the dealership has found the same situation when testing.

Very disappointed with what is a basic issue - looks like being as simple as being that the data simply isn't in the mapping/data file. Poor - for what otherwise seems to be a good car (my second Duster)

Rob

Karl_Hunt

Karl_Hunt

Advanced Member

• 83 posts
See I use my phone because the way that Google maps updates based on real time traffic and issues makes old fashioned sat nav look like a road atlas.

But I do sometimes use the built in sat nav but i tend not to bother with numbers anyway. It gets me to the street and I can find a house number. I can't say that I've noticed any missing numbers.

I did find it annoying that you have to put the space in the postcode or it doesn't recognize it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

robgul

robgul

• 14 posts
  • LocationUK

I don't drive enough to be bothered by traffic - if there is, I wait!    I guess I just want the sat nav as a roas atlas :-)

The house number thing is OK on a short street but when you get one with, say, 700 or 800 numbers to pinpoint to the target is invaluable.

The real issue to me at the moment is that it simply isn't fit for purpose.

Rob

ANTAR

ANTAR

Advanced Member

• 143 posts
  • LocationSouth East
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster 2018 Dci adblue 4X2
I made a written complaint to Dacia about media nav evo on advice of their customer support. That was on 4th April. 2nd May and no response yet.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SatNav

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users