10 replies to this topic

nketchi

nketchi

• 5 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Vehicle Driven:Dacia Dokker

Hello Dacia Dokker Forum!!

I am a new member, desparate for help!

Well, we are at our wits end trying to import a Dacia Dokker from Spain to the UK. We love the vehicle, and it was newly bought in 2017, and we have just finished paying it off. We moved it to the UK a couple of months ago, and are in the process of changing it to meet UK specifications:

1) That the headlamps are UK specification (headlight beam dips to the left).

2) That a speedometer has been fitted which is capable of indicating speed in both miles per hour and kilometres per hour, either simultaneously, or by operation of a switch.

3) That a rear fog light is fitted to conform to United Kingdom specifications.

We've completed number 2 - the speedometer, and we've found someone who's able to modify the read fog light. The problem we're having is with number 1 (headlight beam dips to the left). Our problem is that the Dacia Dokker was never made for the UK, so we can't seem to get headlights.

Can anyone offer any advice on what to do here? As far as I can tell, the Dokker was never exported to any right-hand drive countries. Are there any headlights made by Dacia that are similar? We took the Dokker to a Dacia garage here in the UK, and they said they were unable to help us.

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Josie

dgc

dgc

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 1213 posts
  • LocationLea Valley
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster '13 1.5dci 4x2 Stepway '14 1.5dci both Laurettes
Garage View Garage

This may be the an option. https://assets.publi...-aim-guide.pdf from this pdf, may be worth checking with a local MOT station

"Is the vehicle fitted with headlamps that dip to the right? Vehicles with UK registration plates should have headlamps that dip to the left to comply with the Road Vehicle Lighting Regulations. However, headlamps that dip to the right are acceptable at the MOT test providing beam converters are fitted."

dgc

dgc

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 1213 posts
  • LocationLea Valley
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster '13 1.5dci 4x2 Stepway '14 1.5dci both Laurettes
Garage View Garage

https://www.gov.uk/g...#section-4-1-1 section 4.1.2

Daedalus

Daedalus

Advanced Member

• 1436 posts
  • LocationSheffield
  • Vehicle Driven:2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2

This has come up before concerning Logan I which was also never sold in the UK. Passing an MOT is not good enough to register the vehicle you need at least a garage invoice detailing the necessary headlight conversion has been done.

• Agree x 1

Roger

Roger

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 3877 posts
  • LocationDudley, West Midlands. UK
  • Vehicle Driven:2013 (63) Sandero Stepway Laureate dCi 90 in Azurite Blue. Supplied with a full size 5 spoke spare wheel & tyre with a 80 km/h sticker ! Now driving with a permanently lit dashboard !
  • My Fuel Logs
    Average MPG: 50.371

This may be the an option. https://assets.publi...-aim-guide.pdf from this pdf, may be worth checking with a local MOT station

"Is the vehicle fitted with headlamps that dip to the right? Vehicles with UK registration plates should have headlamps that dip to the left to comply with the Road Vehicle Lighting Regulations. However, headlamps that dip to the right are acceptable at the MOT test providing beam converters are fitted."

I'm sure to obtain a Certificate of Conformity to register the vehicle you cannot use beam convertors. wink.png

My Stepway ? I'm lovin' it !! :D  :D 

nketchi

nketchi

• 5 posts
  • LocationUK

Thank you @dgc and @Daedalus for responding and for this useful informatin

So, from what I can tell, the beam converters are ok for the MOT, but not for the Mutual Recognition Certificate.

I've just contacted the Vehicle Certification Agency (VCA) and they said that without RHD headlight conversion, the vehicle is impossible to register!

They have suggested contacting the DVSA, who can perform an IVA test on the vehicle ... am looking into custom headlight conversions now!

nketchi

nketchi

• 5 posts
  • LocationUK

Thanks Roger! I thought so too ...

Well seems like we'll be looking into getting some kind of custom headlights fitted / current ones converted

Madness!! (especially because if the vehicle is > 10 years old, none of this supposed "safety" bureaucracy exists!

nketchi

nketchi

• 5 posts
  • LocationUK

This has come up before concerning Logan I which was also never sold in the UK. Passing an MOT is not good enough to register the vehicle you need at least a garage invoice detailing the necessary headlight conversion has been done.

@Daedalus do you know if this was successful in the end? What did the owner do?

Daedalus

Daedalus

Advanced Member

• 1436 posts
  • LocationSheffield

This is what remains of the original thread although a lot of the posts are missing as they were deleted when the welsh sulk threw his toys out of the pram. You will see ghostly posts quoted that no longer exist.

https://www.daciafor...tal-to-british/

The relevant form is here if you scroll down you will see the evidence a garage has to provide.

https://assets.publi...recognition.pdf

nketchi

nketchi

• 5 posts
  • LocationUK

Oh dear ... looks like the Logan story didn't end too well ...

Am looking for garages that can do a sort of manual headlight conversion. We really don't want to let go of this Dacia Dokker!!

Daedalus

Daedalus

Advanced Member

• 1436 posts
  • LocationSheffield

You also have the problem that the DRLs must work. You may be best to sell it in Spain or part exchange it there for a car which will have the lights available from a UK scrapyard.

• Agree x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: import, headlights, spain, uk

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users