- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

East coast cruiser

East coast cruiser

Advanced Member

• 158 posts
  • LocationGreat Driffield, East Yorkshire, England
  • Vehicle Driven:2020 Duster II Prestige 1.3 Tce -150 PS Asbo Orange!
Hi guys and gals. East coast cruiser aka Don, from Driffield, East Yorks.

Been hanging around the forum researching the Dusters as just swapping my very reliable Honda Civic type S for a Duster.

Scored a great deal on a pre reg 1.3 Tce 150 Prestige, Desert Orange on a 20 plate, with 11 miles on the clock from Bolton Dacia, some 100 miles from us.

Was a bit worried about reliability, after the Honda, but picked it up today!

Travelled back home, stopped just off the M62 near us to chat with the Mrs about something, jumped back in, started him up, spanner sign and engine management light on - and "Check anti pollution filter" warning up! . Great!!

Luckily, I was approaching our local Renault / Dacia garage, so called in to see if it was safe to carry on. In the end, they kept the car and "might be able to.look at it tomorrow!" Great!

So, hadn't even got the bloody thing home, before it was in the garage! Talk about taking a shine off a new purchase!!

Wanted to get it home, admire and play, instead sat here disheartened and glum!

ECC.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

stratman

stratman

• 11 posts
  • Locationwest yorks
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster Comfort 130tce

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your experience, I know how you must feel.

We have just purchased a new 1.3 tce Duster Comfort same colour, just a couple of little niggles but overall a great car and I am sure yours will be.

I have heard of this problem before but I can not recall where, maybe if you trawl the net you will find out more.

I would be interested to know how you get on.

Cheers Bill, Pontefract

East coast cruiser

East coast cruiser

Advanced Member

• 158 posts

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your experience, I know how you must feel.

We have just purchased a new 1.3 tce Duster Comfort same colour, just a couple of little niggles but overall a great car and I am sure yours will be.

I have heard of this problem before but I can not recall where, maybe if you trawl the net you will find out more.

I would be interested to know how you get on.

Cheers Bill, Pontefract

Hi Stratman

Thanks for the welcome. A guitarist by any chance?

Yeah it turned out to be something to do with the crankshaft position sensor or something. I think I have read about it somewhere.

It needed some kind of set up doing, not a new part as yet, so fingers crossed!

E.C.C.

East coast cruiser

East coast cruiser

Advanced Member

• 158 posts
What have been your niggles Stratman?

I was after the comfort , but got this for £14600 so couldn't resist! 0ab98be3a5ea84cc7b719d4e06874306.jpgc1cd19e8d374d07d17ed4db1d0e6c0c1.jpg

stratman

stratman

• 11 posts
  • Locationwest yorks

Hi East Coast Cruiser,

Glad you got it fixed,

Niggles:

Drivers and passenger seats may need "breaking in" on mine, unless its me!

Rear hatch mokes a bit of noise over bumps, but may settle down after some mileage or I may have to adjust the rubber stops or add to them.

Tappety noise when in reverse up a slope (my drive) but stops abruptly after about 3or 4 secs then silent, been to dealer but could not reproduce (isn't this always the case!) not serious I think (hope!) runs great otherwise.

Little irritating rattle from dash area sometimes.

Not much else, my wife and I love the car, 600 miles on it now, got it new from Drakes Garage Shiptonthorpe, you got a great deal.

Yes, I am a musician as well (but not doing much at present!)

Cheers Bill 

East coast cruiser

East coast cruiser

Advanced Member

• 158 posts
Hi Stratman

Thanks for the replies, I'll keep an eye out for those.

Yeah I test drove a couple from Drake's, an 11plate 1.6 and a brand new Techroad, but saw this on the Dacia retail site as a pre reg, so an absolute steal!

Out and about for work in it today, it's like Driving Miss Daisy. Just looking for a ton of cotton wool to wrap round it!!

I have played drums in a band called Chaser around the Driff area for the last 25 yes, stopped end of last year.

stratman

stratman

• 11 posts
  • Locationwest yorks

I too test drove the Drakes Techroad and we nearly went for it but after a nights sleep decided to go for the Comfort (with a spare underslung wheel),

We ordered it in March but covid took over and it was stuck in the port of Tyne until June!

Forgot another little niggle, clutch pedal squeaks, maybe an easy fix with some silicon spray perhaps, but not too bothered yet, we paid a grand more for ours so you really did get a great deal.

These cars are good value for money and who cares about plastic interior, its really tough.

We have a newly formed 70's Glam Rock Band (no name yet) but I played with "the Glamned " for a number of years then formed my own band "Glambassadors" which ran for 4years or so (uk wide).

Now getting on a bit so just want to play local (when we can!!)

All the best, keep me updated on your experiences with your car, oh, carry on drumming!

Bill

East coast cruiser

East coast cruiser

Advanced Member

• 158 posts

I too test drove the Drakes Techroad and we nearly went for it but after a nights sleep decided to go for the Comfort (with a spare underslung wheel),

We ordered it in March but covid took over and it was stuck in the port of Tyne until June!

Forgot another little niggle, clutch pedal squeaks, maybe an easy fix with some silicon spray perhaps, but not too bothered yet, we paid a grand more for ours so you really did get a great deal.

These cars are good value for money and who cares about plastic interior, its really tough.

We have a newly formed 70's Glam Rock Band (no name yet) but I played with "the Glamned " for a number of years then formed my own band "Glambassadors" which ran for 4years or so (uk wide).

Now getting on a bit so just want to play local (when we can!!)

All the best, keep me updated on your experiences with your car, oh, carry on drumming!

Bill

HI Stratman

There was a as new Techroad on the retail site with 11 or so miles on it, 20 plate that was £13,500!! Was so tempted, but had my eyes set on the Desert Orange since it came out, but that was over a grand less than this!!

Not had the squeaky pedal yet, have the squeaky driver's seat, when raised, dropped it back down and ok, but want it raised so need to investigate. Had a read thru posts on here, but no-one identified where it eminates yet.

Yeah, this one didn't come with the spare wheel, which is a shame as I wanted one and have always bought them with other cars, but the priced me up at £699 for one!!

I love Glam rock, even the Gary glitter stuff! , I had older sisters in the 70's! There is a band plays local to us called Glam, I go to see them when I can! Sounds like you like to have a laugh!

ECC.

• Like x 1

East coast cruiser

East coast cruiser

Advanced Member

• 158 posts

Rear hatch mokes a bit of noise over bumps, but may settle down after some mileage or I may have to adjust the rubber stops or add to them.

Cheers Bill

Hey Bill @stratman , did you get your boot sorted?

Mine started with the boot rattle. Adjusted the rubber stops, which seemed to remove 80% of the rattle. Not sure if it is the latch rattling on the catch/stay or if it is the plastic casing around the wiper washer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users