Photo

radio cd screen fading

radio screen dimmer fading

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

gv97101

gv97101

• 1 posts

I own a Dacia Sandero Stepway 0.9. My radio cd screen is fading during the day and I can see nothing. At night eveything looks fine. The problem is bigger in the summer. Any ideas how to fix it?

I hope that there is no need to replace my radio cd system.

P.S.  It seems like there is a lcd screen problem. Is there a dimmer to set the screen brightness?

cdrsreeram

cdrsreeram

• 1 posts
  • LocationHyderabad India
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster

I am faced with the exactly similar problem. Hope someone could resolve this screen fading issue

Lineekela

Lineekela

• 1 posts
  • LocationNamibia
  • Vehicle Driven:Stepway 0.9 2014
I am having the similar problem, did anyone got a solution yet?

scottydsntknow

scottydsntknow

• 23 posts
  • LocationSpain
  • Vehicle Driven:2014 Sandero 1.5 dCi

Seems like these radios have issues with the LCD screen.  Heat is what does it for me, in the morning when its cool out or in the winter when its colder (never gets super cold here though) I can see the screen.  As soon as the car and radio starts to warm up really at all the screen fades.  I was thinking of just getting a good used unit to swap it out as a radio change takes all of 5 minutes in these cars but I am starting to lean towards a nice aftermarket one.  

scottydsntknow

scottydsntknow

• 23 posts
  • LocationSpain

Did some more reading and apparently this is just a thing that happens.  This car is going back to being my main driver now that its fixed so I need a radio that doesn't suck so I just grabbed this off Amazon.  

https://www.amazon.e...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Good reviews, plug and play direct to the factory wiring and direct fit to the stock compartment with no adapters.  It looks factory and all the reviews say the steering wheel controls work great.  Backup camera hookup is a big win as well as on my narrow street they allow parking on both sides so of course backing out of my driveway is tricky.  Apparently works better than the "Android Tablet" versions that are out there.  I guess I will see... if it works well I will also get the Focal PnP speakers for Renault/Dacia/Nissan that just rivet right back into the stock locations after you drill out the old rivets and remove the factory crap speakers.

https://www.amazon.e...14605882&sr=8-1

Dave.Enfield

Dave.Enfield

• 1 posts
  • LocationMile End
  • Vehicle Driven:Dacia Sandero Stepway

Hi there!

I've been having the exact same problem for over 2 months, I was almost giving up to buy a new head unit, but then I found this:

If you have the medianav, they also have it:

The screen arrived within 2 days, easy peasy

Cheers

• Useful x 1

scottydsntknow

scottydsntknow

• 23 posts
  • LocationSpain

My radio came in today and its really really nice.  I mean if you are on a super tight budget and can fix it fine.  You really don't need the LCD screen, if you set it up and night or with a blanket or something over your head you can see the screen well enough to setup the bluetooth and then all you do when you start the car is just press menu and push in the center knob and you are paired.  Then control all from your phone.  

I'm extremely happy with the unit I got for 180 Euros... I just installed it with basic functions tonight... I will add on the GPS antenna it came with and a backup camera in the coming weeks as well as some Focal Speakers to improve sound.  Also will add a USB port to the console somewhere so I can connect/update to the radio whenever I want.  It is very nice to have all these plug and play solutions... they might not be the very best but I paid 3500 euros for this car in 2018 and it still only has 110k kilometers on it so I'm good upgrading a few things.  I plan on having it for another 3 or 4 years at least.

Attached Thumbnails

• radio.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: radio, screen, dimmer, fading

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users