GPS Sound Volume Satnav

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Samandlia

Samandlia

• 7 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Vehicle Driven:Sandero

On a long journey yesterday and using the satnav to find my destination, the sound on the satnav suddenly stopped working. The satnav itself was working fine, and the volume on the radio decreased whenever there was an instruction, but the instructions themselves went silent. I even turned it on and off, but no result. Any thoughts?

ANTAR

ANTAR

Advanced Member

• 136 posts
  • LocationSouth East
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster 2018 Dci adblue 4X2
No doubt you have, but just checking if you have gone into settings, sound, and checked the separate sat nav settings? It may have got changed somehow. ..usually kids I find

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Roger

Roger

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 3836 posts
  • LocationDudley, West Midlands. UK
  • Vehicle Driven:2013 (63) Sandero Stepway Laureate dCi 90 in Azurite Blue. Supplied with a full size 5 spoke spare wheel & tyre with a 80 km/h sticker ! Now driving with a permanently lit dashboard !
  • My Fuel Logs
    Average MPG: 50.371

On a long journey yesterday and using the satnav to find my destination, the sound on the satnav suddenly stopped working. The satnav itself was working fine, and the volume on the radio decreased whenever there was an instruction, but the instructions themselves went silent. I even turned it on and off, but no result. Any thoughts?

Whilst you are receiving instructions, ie when the radio volume decreases, try tuning up the volume control. This is how you set the satnav volume level ! wink.png

My Stepway ? I'm lovin' it !! :D  :D 

Samandlia

Samandlia

• 7 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Vehicle Driven:Sandero

No doubt you have, but just checking if you have gone into settings, sound, and checked the separate sat nav settings? It may have got changed somehow. ..usually kids I find

Thanks ANTAR. No I hadn't checked that. I'm new to the car and whilst I like it I'm finding the manual a bit difficult to follow. Your reply had the answer I needed.

How it got turned to 0 I don't know, but I suspect Roger had the answer. I was coming off the motorway and I decided to turn the music down to silent as I concentrated on navigation. I reckon I turned it down at the wrong moment!

Thanks to both of you. I'll know next time.

ANTAR

ANTAR

Advanced Member

• 136 posts
  • LocationSouth East
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster 2018 Dci adblue 4X2
Just to add to this...at least when in android auto, and it might be the same for the nav unit, if you use the volume controls whilst the navigation voice is giving directions, the controls affect the nav voice and not the radio or media. Clever stuff.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GPS, Sound, Volume, Satnav

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users