Dacia Duster amber warning lights on: electrical + exhaust gas; help/advice needed - General Chat - Dacia Forum

News Feed

View All Updates

Photo

Dacia Duster amber warning lights on: electrical + exhaust gas; help/advice needed

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Karen L

Karen L

• 4 posts
  • LocationGwynedd
  • Vehicle Driven:Dacia Duster

Can anyone please advise as to what might be the cause of the amber warning lights being on? I have noticed the car has lost torque on climbing hills. I am trying to solve this issue. Thank you.

Roger

Roger

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 3785 posts
  • LocationDudley, West Midlands. UK
  • Vehicle Driven:2013 (63) Sandero Stepway Laureate dCi 90 in Azurite Blue. Supplied with a full size 5 spoke spare wheel & tyre with a 80 km/h sticker ! Now driving with a permanently lit dashboard !
  • My Fuel Logs
    Average MPG: 50.377

Can anyone please advise as to what might be the cause of the amber warning lights being on? I have noticed the car has lost torque on climbing hills. I am trying to solve this issue. Thank you.

Welcome to the forum, Karen !

Petrol or diesel and what year ? wink.png

My Stepway ? I'm lovin' it !! :D  :D 

Karen L

Karen L

• 4 posts
  • LocationGwynedd

I have a 64 Diesel dacia Duster 4x4 I have also noticed that as well as the amber warning lights being on all the time, the green arrow that comes on to suggest gear changes either up or down is not coming on. The car isn't accelerating like it used to before lockdown, and had lost its torque when climbing a prolonged steep hill. Prior to lockdown it sailed up the hill in top gear with no problem. I had to go up in 3rd gear. Any help, suggestions as to the cause would be most appreciated. Thank you, Karen L

Peter Kinder

Peter Kinder

• 4 posts
  • LocationLancs
  • Vehicle Driven:Stepway
I am having the same issues. Local garage diagnosed dpf pressure switch. Had it replaced to the tune of£300.00. But still the same problems. I noted on another thread that it it a warning light for servicing, but only Dacia can do it and they can turn off the light. Anyone know if this is true or even if that is legal
Cheers

Peter Kinder

Peter Kinder

• 4 posts
  • LocationLancs
I am having the same issues. Local garage diagnosed dpf pressure switch. Had it replaced to the tune of£300.00. But still the same problems. I noted on another thread that it it a warning light for servicing, but only Dacia can do it and they can turn off the light. Anyone know if this is true or even if that is legal
Cheers

Daedalus

Daedalus

Advanced Member

• 1289 posts
  • LocationSheffield
  • Vehicle Driven:2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2

It always helps if you post the vehicle age and petrol or diesel though in this case the latter is implicit. The service warning light problem only applies to post facelift cars i.e. window switches on the door armrests.

Peter Kinder

Peter Kinder

• 4 posts
  • LocationLancs
Sorry it's a 17 plate stepway laureate. 1.5 desiel. With 43000 on the clock. Could you please explain what you mean by post face-lift,
Cheers

Peter Kinder

Peter Kinder

• 4 posts
  • LocationLancs
Sorry it's a 17 plate stepway laureate. 1.5 desiel. With 43000 on the clock. Could you please explain what you mean by post face-lift,
Cheers

Daedalus

Daedalus

Advanced Member

• 1289 posts
  • LocationSheffield

Late 2016 the cars had a facelift styling changes to the lights amongst others, The electric window switches were moved from the centre console to the door armrests at the same time which is probably the most distinctive change.

At the same time changes to the electronics introduced the service warning at 12000 miles/ 1 year. The earlier cars had the same warning light but it was not used for service warning. It can also be red and is used in conjunction with other warning lights.

The official service schedule includes clearing the light

There are ways to clear, with ddt4all, also some apps that claim to do it and driving while holding in the button on the end of the wiper stalk has been claimed to work. Only ddt4all definitely works.

Many people post requesting info but none can be bothered to post if they tried them and of any success.

Peter Kinder

Peter Kinder

• 4 posts
  • LocationLancs
Thanks for the info. I'll give it a try and report what I find, I don't want to pay for a service when it's just had one, literally 2 weeks ago.
It may take a while to get my head around the software but I will be back
Cheers

Peter Kinder

Peter Kinder

• 4 posts
  • LocationLancs
Thanks for the info. I'll give it a try and report what I find, I don't want to pay for a service when it's just had one, literally 2 weeks ago.
It may take a while to get my head around the software but I will be back
Cheers

Karen L

Karen L

• 4 posts
  • LocationGwynedd

I have taken my 64 Duster Laureate 4x4 for a service, last Thursday 6th August, asking them to diagnose the amber warning lights. The service was fine. They said the electrical warning light was indicating a service was due, and they switched it off...only Dacia can do that. The amber engine management warning light is still on.....and the elctrical warning light comes on with it...they said it was to say the engine management light needs investigating not that there was an electrical fault. Has anyone had the engine management warning light come on? What can it indicate is wrong? I am wondering about changing my Dacia now.

Daedalus

Daedalus

Advanced Member

• 1289 posts
  • LocationSheffield

They are telling you porkies '64 the light was not used for service interval that only came with the phase 2 Duster in '17 (and the facelift Sandero the cars share the same electronics.)

The two warning lights are associated. Read the Owner's Handbook. As it is a diesel it is possibly the DPF.

Reread your posts and as the gear change indicator has also stopped working it seems to have gone into limp mode and needs investigating.

• Agree x 1

Daedalus

Daedalus

Advanced Member

• 1289 posts
  • LocationSheffield

Found this video about the significance of the two lights on together,

Interestingly if you skip past his soldering to the end he says after clearing the electrical fault the ignition has to be cycled 4x with a wait in between before it will clear the engine check light.

https://www.youtube....h?v=rMIoUH-2sjU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users