i ABSOLUTELY love my sandero!!! but how can i make it faster - Dacia Sandero Forum - Dacia Forum

News Feed

View All Updates

Photo

i ABSOLUTELY love my sandero!!! but how can i make it faster

livery pillock

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

TheCoolerDacia

TheCoolerDacia

• 1 posts
  • LocationManchester
  • Vehicle Driven:sandero

i absolutely love my sandero!! i wouldnt change anything about it, except a few things. 

the color is quite atrociaous and i want it out. NOW. maybe plum crazy would be better.

it can use more trunk space, too (its hard to fit the deer in there). right now i have to stuff them in to a uhual trailer 

thirdedly,,, i want there to be a faster version!!! why not?? wub.png wub.png wub.png

i mean seriously, mazda, what are ya thinking?? 

so i want to make a imsa ready version of my sandero...... mayber 4-5 minutes at nuremburhg

yall think that is possible????? 

please

i need fas

Attached Thumbnails

• dacia dacia.jpg

dgc

dgc

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 1092 posts
  • LocationLea Valley
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster '13 1.5dci 4x2 Stepway '14 1.5dci both Laurettes
Garage View Garage

Like this  https://www.topgear....get-sandero-rs what engine is in your sandero? or perhaps this https://www.renaults...-2l-2019-.html  In Europe one use to get the Duster with a 2 litre engine.

JLB

JLB

Advanced Member

• 35 posts
  • LocationSouthern Tarn, France
  • Vehicle Driven:2019 Sandero Stepway 90tce, 1977 MGB roadster

According to some, the Sandero Stepway is under-geared, so you could fit bigger wheels , so that would make it ‘faster’, but I don’t know what it would do for acceleration.

Reading the ‘few things’ that you don’t like, I’m wondering if you bought the wrong car.

dgc

dgc

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 1092 posts
  • LocationLea Valley
Garage View Garage

When the rolling diameter of the tyre changes you will find that your speedo will not read correctly and you could get a speeding ticket, also the acceleration would be slower, what engine is fitted as we have the Stepway with the 1.5Dci 90hp (66kw) engine and that is pretty good.

• Agree x 2

JLB

JLB

Advanced Member

• 35 posts

Because of the nature of the original post, I was hoping you'd notice that my reply was slightly tongue in cheek.

I don't think the diesel is the answer to the poster's quest for more speed. According to the French equivalent of 'Which', the tce is slightly more than half-a-second quicker, 0 to 100km/h, than the diesel, but the latter, of course, has more flexibility, something I have to say I miss, having driven diesels for the past 23 years. Top speeds are similar.

Not complaining though; the only complaint I've got is that the suspension seems a bit harsh, but after owning cars weighing well over half-a-ton more that's not surprising.

dgc

dgc

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 1092 posts
  • LocationLea Valley
Garage View Garage

But with the 1.5 Dci 90hp it is easy to bring it up to 110bhp 280nm torque.

JLB

JLB

Advanced Member

• 35 posts

I happily bow to your superior knowledge on that!

dgc

dgc

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 1092 posts
  • LocationLea Valley
Garage View Garage

JLB, we are all here to help each other here, save money, not superior just played around a bit more, as an old fart have years of good and useless knowledge along with all the mistakes. 

JLB

JLB

Advanced Member

• 35 posts

dgc - as another (very) old fart who equally over the years has accumulated a lot of knowledge of varying degrees of usefulness, I'll just add that none of it involves Dacias. The Stepway I bought at the beginning of the year was my first.

I'm guessing the original poster has given up by now . . .

dgc

dgc

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 1092 posts
  • LocationLea Valley
Garage View Garage

Nice to chat to you.

JLB

JLB

Advanced Member

• 35 posts

Looks like I double posted, so have deleted this.

JLB

JLB

Advanced Member

• 35 posts

Nice to chat to you.

Likewise.

How is the increase in power achieved with the 1.5 Dci - with a turbo, or has it already got one fitted? I seem to recall the guy we buy our cheese from saying his big Renault van has a similar-size engine but with two(?) turbos. 

dgc

dgc

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 1092 posts
  • LocationLea Valley
Garage View Garage

These 1.5 Dci engines all have a turbo fitted. The higher output versions are fitted with a variable geometry turbos, the lesser power engines are fitted with standard turbos. the engines do not in themselves have more power, it's the tuning level from the factory, but for example a Stepway which has a 1.5 Dci 90bhp engine could easily be brought up to 110bhp with 260nm+ torque with an ECU upgrade, similarly a Duster with 108bhp engine can be brought up to 130bhp 280nm+ torque. The Mercedes A180d using the same engine puts out 116bhp with 260nm torque.  

• Agree x 1

JLB

JLB

Advanced Member

• 35 posts

Yes, that ties in better with what I recall of the conversation (well it was two years ago and in  French!). He said he looked at both the Renault and the Merc, similar engine but the Merc was too expensive.

dgc

dgc

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 1092 posts
  • LocationLea Valley
Garage View Garage

Myself and the better half had a Mercedes each, very nice cars, loved mine with it's semi automatic gearbox, would throw people seeing a gear lever for the manual gearbox and two pedals for an automatic, but as you say could buy four Dacia's for the price of the two Mercedes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users