Photo

Newbie queries

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

teddyhutch

teddyhutch

• 1 posts
  • LocationEssex
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster SE Twenty TCe 130 (2020)
Just picked up new Duster SE Twenty TCe 130 and have a couple questions for those that know rather than dealership.

Engine bay is bare, do these not have covers?

Rear wheels bay only has cover to the front portion. Mid through to the back is bare and can see the fire proofing? Is this normal?

Cant find service schedule detail anywhere but have been told it is 18k or Yearly, whichever comes first. Is this correct?

Are they alarmed? I know there is a mobiliser but I cannot find anything alarm related.

Are there any issues I should be aware of on these? Any self maintenance that should be kept on top of? Does scuttle struggle with drainage at all?

Cheers all

Roger

Roger

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 3875 posts
  • LocationDudley, West Midlands. UK
  • Vehicle Driven:2013 (63) Sandero Stepway Laureate dCi 90 in Azurite Blue. Supplied with a full size 5 spoke spare wheel & tyre with a 80 km/h sticker ! Now driving with a permanently lit dashboard !
  • My Fuel Logs
    Average MPG: 50.371

Just picked up new Duster SE Twenty TCe 130 and have a couple questions for those that know rather than dealership.

Engine bay is bare, do these not have covers?

Rear wheels bay only has cover to the front portion. Mid through to the back is bare and can see the fire proofing? Is this normal?

Cant find service schedule detail anywhere but have been told it is 18k or Yearly, whichever comes first. Is this correct?

Are they alarmed? I know there is a mobiliser but I cannot find anything alarm related.

Are there any issues I should be aware of on these? Any self maintenance that should be kept on top of? Does scuttle struggle with drainage at all?

Cheers all

Welcome to the forum, teddyhutch !

Question.

Answer.

You should have been given a "Warranty & Service Sheet" when you picked up the vehicle, I was ! Contact Dacia Customer Relations on 0344 335 1111 (local call rate) with you VIN number and they will email you one.

Question.

Answer.

No alarm is fitted as standard, but there is a Thatcham approved immobilizer fitted via the ignition lock, the chip is fitted in the key .wink.png

My Stepway ? I'm lovin' it !! :D  :D 

East coast cruiser

East coast cruiser

Advanced Member

• 158 posts
  • LocationGreat Driffield, East Yorkshire, England
  • Vehicle Driven:2020 Duster II Prestige 1.3 Tce -150 PS Asbo Orange!
Hi teddyhutch and welcome.

I have a 20 plate 1.3 prestige and no, mine doesn't have a modesty cover over the engine!
(Helps them find the faults quicker)!

Not sure about the alarm, but Roger seems to know.
Mine did not come with the service sheets either, it should be in your welcome back, but the dealers sometimes neglect to print them out. Dacia will email them to you as Roger says. It will be specific for your engine. My dealer sent them after I chased them, he has 'never been asked about them'!!!!
My boot is rattling a bit, but I have adjusted it and will get it looked at at the service.

There are threads about the blocked scuttles, so here, some research of the forum is a good way to find the issues some have had!

A bit of reading thru the threads should answer your Qs, or the search.

Have you had issues with blocked scuttles before?
And, don't update your maps straight away, wait til towards the end of your 90 days or you may get out of date ones!

But mainly, Have fun!

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

East coast cruiser

East coast cruiser

Advanced Member

• 158 posts
  • LocationGreat Driffield, East Yorkshire, England
  • Vehicle Driven:2020 Duster II Prestige 1.3 Tce -150 PS Asbo Orange!
@teddyhutch have a read thru this (if the link works!) you may need to have the Tapatalk app, maybe not.

https://r.tapatalk.c...link_source=app

And this shows you the service sheets you should have!
https://r.tapatalk.c...link_source=app

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users