- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Duster-Nick

Duster-Nick

• 1 posts
  • LocationDarlington
  • Vehicle Driven:Dacia Duster 1.2 TCe Laureate 4X4

I am the happy owner of a 2017 Duster 1.2 TCe Laureate 4WD. I have sat in a new mark 2 model whilst waiting to have a service completed and found that I actually preferred the driving position of my mark 1 Duster. In fact the only thing that would make mine better would be a steering wheel with a thicker rim! 

I have only done 14000 miles as I use it almost entirely for long journeys, particularly going to France, Spain, Switzerland for example. Through having the intelligent 4WD function on it has saved my life in a terrifying incident on a French autoroute at high speed with only scratches on the alloy wheels and a slight misalignment of the steering. It has been virtually faultless and also has a 5 year warranty so why should I spend possibly nearly £10K on upgrading to a new one?

Suggestions please.

Royale431

Royale431

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1365 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh
  • Vehicle Driven:2008 Kia Cee'd SW / Perforated 1998 Honda Civic 1.5i. When the latter finally gives up the ghost, a Sandero / Stepway is probably on-the-cards.
It sounds like you're perfectly happy with the car, so based on my own past errors of judgement, I would suggest "why bother?" Rather than changing for the sake of changing, I would just keep the one you've got until, for whatever reason, that ceases to be the case.

PARENTAL ADVISORY: Balanced Content

Royale431

Royale431

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1365 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh
  • Vehicle Driven:2008 Kia Cee'd SW / Perforated 1998 Honda Civic 1.5i. When the latter finally gives up the ghost, a Sandero / Stepway is probably on-the-cards.
Double-post (deleted)

PARENTAL ADVISORY: Balanced Content

petec2

petec2

• 2 posts
  • LocationDublin
  • Vehicle Driven:Dacia Duster 1.5dci 4x4 (2020)

my experience of changing a 4x4 2017 duster for a new one has been a real disappointment. the new 1.5 diesel engine has a really annoying whining adblue pump. i think this is common and this was confirmed when i took it back to the dealer's service area. i was told this is common

my sincere advice would be don't replace the older model! i really wish i hadn't.

hooliopaulio

hooliopaulio

Advanced Member

• 56 posts
  • LocationSouth Yorkshire
  • Vehicle Driven:Dacia Duster

I was the other way.  I went from a 2016 to a 2018 model, and I don't have the annoying adblue whine a lot of people complain about.  In fact for me the 2018 was better in every way than my 2016 model which is why I upgraded.  And I'm not sure why its going to cost you £10k to do so, my swap cost £250 deposit and £80 to move my private plate, and about £3 p/m more in finance payments.  But maybe you bought yours outright, I wish that was an option for me tbh, finance is a pain.  But it is what it is.  If you aren't on finance then it is probably a no brainer to keep it.

But each to their own, if you like the old one better then keep it.  My 2016 never once let me down, so I'd recommend one to anyone looking for a cheap reliable second had car. The 2018 one had to have a new adblue pump (it was still working but I had the emissions warning on the dash) last year but I got a courtesy car while it was in so no biggie.  Still no whine on the replacement either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users