• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

BT32

BT32

Advanced Member

• 44 posts
  • LocationGlasgow
  • Vehicle Driven:Sandero Stepway
So I was involved in a fairly minor head on bump in my 69plate Duster. Everyone was fine but I've just found out the repairs needed to my Duster, and whilst it looked very minor, the repairs seem to be (I'm no expert so maybe they're not) extensive, in fact £4k worth Inc New radiator,Aircon unit, crossmember , bumper, fog lamps etc etc. My question is , can repaired cars like this be reliable again and function normally ? I kind of wish it had been written off if it's going to give me problems in the future? I'm gutted as the car had never given me any problems and I'd only done 10k miles in it. I'm not sure if I should even try and sell it when I get it back? Is there anything I should be looking out for in terms of the repairs not being good? It's being done by the local Dacia dealer using I presume Dacia parts?

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

Daedalus

Daedalus

Advanced Member

• 1381 posts
  • LocationSheffield
  • Vehicle Driven:2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2

Seems reasonable most will be labour and painting. Remember things are designed to crumple to absorb energy.

BT32

BT32

Advanced Member

• 44 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Seems reasonable most will be labour and painting. Remember things are designed to crumple to absorb energy.

Yeah, it probably is reasonable. Worried now how long they'll have it for, they told me 1 week but I'm highly doubtful of that! Stuck without a car now.

East coast cruiser

East coast cruiser

Advanced Member

• 136 posts
  • LocationGreat Driffield, East Yorkshire, England
  • Vehicle Driven:2020 Duster II Prestige 1.3 Tce -150 PS Asbo Orange!
Hi BT

Before Dusty, I had a nice Honda Civic Types S from new, and I had a little bump running into the rear of someone at a crossing, 20 mph ish.

They didn't right mine off, which I was actually glad about as it was only worth about £2k by then. It got repaired ok by an accident place, though it didn't need radiator etc, and mine was fine after, drove well etc. The cost of the crunch overall, to her old Corsa too, £4800.

It should be fine, but I know what it feels like being newer, you will always be looking out for an issue, and it won't seem as new for you!

At least if being done by Dacia it should come out fine. Mine went back in for paint on the wing again, as when they delivered it back home it was patchy, so I rejected it and they did it again quite happily.

My car was Alabaster Silver, very metallic which one local garage called Alabastard Silver as it was a bitch to spray!!

So why did I buy a Desert Orange Duster!! ?? Should have got the white!!

Just give it a thorough check over on collection, incl driving. Most repairs should come with a guarantee!

It may have fixed the transmission whine!!

Don.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

BT32

BT32

Advanced Member

• 44 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Hi BT

Before Dusty, I had a nice Honda Civic Types S from new, and I had a little bump running into the rear of someone at a crossing, 20 mph ish.

They didn't right mine off, which I was actually glad about as it was only worth about £2k by then. It got repaired ok by an accident place, though it didn't need radiator etc, and mine was fine after, drove well etc. The cost of the crunch overall, to her old Corsa too, £4800.

It should be fine, but I know what it feels like being newer, you will always be looking out for an issue, and it won't seem as new for you!

At least if being done by Dacia it should come out fine. Mine went back in for paint on the wing again, as when they delivered it back home it was patchy, so I rejected it and they did it again quite happily.

My car was Alabaster Silver, very metallic which one local garage called Alabastard Silver as it was a bitch to spray!!

So why did I buy a Desert Orange Duster!! ?? Should have got the white!!

Just give it a thorough check over on collection, incl driving. Most repairs should come with a guarantee!

It may have fixed the transmission whine!!

Don.

Got to be honest, the other car was in a much worse state than the Duster (VW Polo), It hit me around the headlight at the corner although it was head on at about 10-15mph and it's front didn't look good, Duster looked lightly bumped! Will have a good look when I eventually get it back, my main worry would be the engine is ok as the radiator was leaking and obviously is being replaced.

Roger

Roger

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 3836 posts
  • LocationDudley, West Midlands. UK
  • Vehicle Driven:2013 (63) Sandero Stepway Laureate dCi 90 in Azurite Blue. Supplied with a full size 5 spoke spare wheel & tyre with a 80 km/h sticker ! Now driving with a permanently lit dashboard !
  • My Fuel Logs
    Average MPG: 50.371

Yeah, it probably is reasonable. Worried now how long they'll have it for, they told me 1 week but I'm highly doubtful of that! Stuck without a car now.

Are you not entitled to a courtesy car on your insurance ? ohmy.png

My Stepway ? I'm lovin' it !! :D  :D 

BT32

BT32

Advanced Member

• 44 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Are you not entitled to a courtesy car on your insurance ? ohmy.png

Yes but the only car the garage has is a Suzuki celero (class a only)and I'm 6ft6. I literally can't fit into it! Asked insurance company for a bigger one but they said it's up to garage and garage won't budge.

Roger

Roger

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 3836 posts
  • LocationDudley, West Midlands. UK
  • Vehicle Driven:2013 (63) Sandero Stepway Laureate dCi 90 in Azurite Blue. Supplied with a full size 5 spoke spare wheel & tyre with a 80 km/h sticker ! Now driving with a permanently lit dashboard !
  • My Fuel Logs
    Average MPG: 50.371

Yes but the only car the garage has is a Suzuki celero (class a only)and I'm 6ft6. I literally can't fit into it! Asked insurance company for a bigger one but they said it's up to garage and garage won't budge.

Oh ! that's a blow ! ohmy.png I would be OK, I'm only 5'6"" tongue.png

My Stepway ? I'm lovin' it !! :D  :D 

East coast cruiser

East coast cruiser

Advanced Member

• 136 posts
Bummer. Take the front seat out and sit in the back!!

BT32

BT32

Advanced Member

• 44 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Bummer. Take the front seat out and sit in the back!!

Wish I could lol. Tbh I even find the Duster tight for legroom and the car is massive! Lol.

East coast cruiser

East coast cruiser

Advanced Member

• 136 posts
Yeah, they are not massive inside. I am 6ft.

BT32

BT32

Advanced Member

• 44 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Yeah, they are not massive inside. I am 6ft.

It's all in the boot I think.

dgc

dgc

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 1167 posts
  • LocationLea Valley
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster '13 1.5dci 4x2 Stepway '14 1.5dci both Laurettes
Garage View Garage

Regarding are they as good after repair, I would say yes, at the time my year old MB A190 semi auto was hit on the passenger side as I sat waiting across a T junction for a oncoming car to pass me, a car hit me square on the passenger side, pushing me 4" to 6" across the road. Both passenger doors were replaced by Hilton's who did repairs for MB along with the door upright and sill. But as it was a metallic to get the colour correct they sprayed the complete side of the car otherwise the doors would stand out a mile that they have been replaced. The car had 10k miles on it sold it at 100k miles.

BT32

BT32

Advanced Member

• 44 posts
  • LocationGlasgow
Just got it back and it's like it's never been in an accident, could never tell. Amazing what they can do!

• Like x 1

East coast cruiser

East coast cruiser

Advanced Member

• 136 posts

Just got it back and it's like it's never been in an accident, could never tell. Amazing what they can do!

Does it drive ok?

dgc

dgc

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 1167 posts
  • LocationLea Valley
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster '13 1.5dci 4x2 Stepway '14 1.5dci both Laurettes
Garage View Garage

That's great to hear, when my Duster was rear ended, the tailgate and bumper had to be replaced, there is a very slight variation in the colour which I could see but nobody could, perhaps my saving grace was the car did not get a direct hit on the tow-bar, the reversing truck went over the top of it.

BT32

BT32

Advanced Member

• 44 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Does it drive ok?

Absolutely fine. Although I've noticed the microphone for the hands free doesn't work. I wonder if it's become dislodged on disconnected in the crash.

East coast cruiser

East coast cruiser

Advanced Member

• 136 posts
I'm sure they'll look into any issues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users