• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Mallinson

Mallinson

• 1 posts
  • LocationSheffield
  • Vehicle Driven:Stepway
Hi
I have got a duster 19 plate just wanted to know how to extended the radio turn off time.
I am going a drive in movie next weekend and they use a special frequency to get the sound through your radio.
But my radio turns off after 10 minute just want to know to disable it.
Thanks

NeeK

NeeK

Advanced Member

• 79 posts
  • LocationUndeva
  • Vehicle Driven:Dacia Duster 4x4 110HP Laureate 2017
This is not anywhere changable.
But is easy to keep engine on or contact key on and radio will not turn off.
This function is by default do not dry your battery and then to stay there to continue watch all night and count stars on sky.

Trimis de pe al meu SM-A705FN folosind Tapatalk

ANTAR

ANTAR

Advanced Member

• 136 posts
  • LocationSouth East
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster 2018 Dci adblue 4X2

Yup, take a blanket too!  I reckon best take the house radio or pair the FM radio on your smartphone with a good bluetooth speaker, Failing that, a pir of jump-start leads....biggrin.png

Daedalus

Daedalus

Advanced Member

• 1381 posts
  • LocationSheffield
  • Vehicle Driven:2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2

Yup, take a blanket too!  I reckon best take the house radio or pair the FM radio on your smartphone with a good bluetooth speaker, Failing that, a pir of jump-start leads....biggrin.png

Why? Do smartphones provide stereo? All you have to do is keep the key in acc position. How long is this film? If the radio can drain the battery while you watch a film you need a new battery. If you want to be over cautious make sure you turn the heater blower fan off. 

I am sure the organisers have thought this through and don't expect to be left with a field of broken down cars.

• Agree x 1

ANTAR

ANTAR

Advanced Member

• 136 posts
  • LocationSouth East
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster 2018 Dci adblue 4X2

Why? Do smartphones provide stereo? All you have to do is keep the key in acc position. How long is this film? If the radio can drain the battery while you watch a film you need a new battery. If you want to be over cautious make sure you turn the heater blower fan off.

I am sure the organisers have thought this through and don't expect to be left with a field of broken down cars.

I expect Daedalus is right. And I agree with the logic about organisers. My thinking came from having previous cars where the radio was independent and didn't shut off, wondering why the 'lag' was so short in the first place and being 12v ignorant, I assumed other services might be tick tocking away. Certainly on the Duster to use radio the whole computerised unit is switched on. My previous car's battery flattened over a few hours when I left the boot lid up and radio on and I presume the incandescent bulb drew down the battery.

No idea if fm on smartphones are actually stereo, but I remember when stereo fm broadcasts came in and it was a very long time ago. I use it daily on hourlong dog walks and it's better than dedicated small radios I bought. Incidentally, fm chips are in all smartphones but are hidden, or in Apple's case disconnected, in some models to encourage use of data. Dodgy really as FM is way more planet friendly and far more reliable when natural disasters occur and data access goes down.
Anyhow, I think I was misled by sentimentality. I used to drive 150 miles every Friday night in the seventies in a car without a radio. I have fond memories of listening to John Peel on a battery fm radio slung across the back seat, a coat hanger wire out the window. Was probably awful.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users