• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

jwengler

jwengler

• 1 posts
  • LocationLondon
  • Vehicle Driven:2020 Dacia Duster

Hi,

I have a new 2020 Dacia Duster which I like a lot.  However, I have a strange question that I can’t resolve either by searching the internet, reading the manual or talking to a Dacia staff member.

When I start the car up the airbag light above my head turns on and says “on” and then goes out after 10 seconds or so.  The turning on bit and then off is what I’m led to believe is the correct behaviour.

However, the weird thing is that the light itself is a sort of icon has a circle with a line through it.  Although in English the word “on” is written below but having a line through the icon troubles me.

Is this indicating the airbag is working or not working?  Maybe the line through the icon is supposed to be a seat belt but I want to make sure.

BTW, on the inside of the driver side door I see the switch for turning off the passenger air bag.  When I do that the light above my head shows clearly that the passenger airbag is off.

So, back to the question.  Is the light I’m seeing for the airbag which says “on” actually on even though it has a line through it?

Thanks very much,

Joe

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1292.JPG

Daedalus

Daedalus

Advanced Member

• 1435 posts
  • LocationSheffield
  • Vehicle Driven:2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2

It is for baby seats in the front passengers seat. It is because if you fit such a seat you should turn the passenger air bag off. It is saying no baby seat.

On earlier cars the on/off was on the side of the dash when you opened the passenger door. It is probably in the same place. Read the owners handbook.

• Agree x 2
  • Useful x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users