• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Debs787

Debs787

• 2 posts
  • LocationSouth east
  • Vehicle Driven:Dacia duster 4WD
Hi all
I am new to this forum and sisters too! I am looking for some advice.

I recently bought a petrol 2014 duster 4wd. Was just getting used to driving it (my previous car was a Vauxhall tigra convertible!) And now I have an audible beep and 3 warnings lights when starting!

I have an orange engine management light and a red box with wire across (not diesel plug light) and an orange car with skis marks.. The engine starts but runs very badly! I normally don't drive with them on but needed to move it to a safer place, but it sounded awful, and drive very lumpy,no power in any fear and was as if in limp mode.

It has done it a few times and as the manual says not to drive when the lights are on i have been too scared! So have turned it off took the keys out and leave it a few minutes. Try it again and it started without the red light or the beep.

The orange engine management light stayed in and so I put a reddex in a full tank of petrol and it went out straight!
I presumed it was either fuel block or poor quality fuel, so problem sorted!?

Oh no!! The next time I went out(2\3 days later) it started no problem drive me to my friends 1/2 mile away, no problems. But when I left to go home a couple hours later they all came back on! And took about an hour to be able to drive it home and the orange engine light is back on!!

Does anyone have any advice?

Could it be because I put the reddex in but haven't done enough miles to run it through properly?

And is the the red box something electrical? And pressure orange car with skids something to do with traction?

Any pearls of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.
Debbie x

dgc

dgc

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 1213 posts
  • LocationLea Valley
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster '13 1.5dci 4x2 Stepway '14 1.5dci both Laurettes
Garage View Garage

For the Stepway but, https://www.dash-lig...warning-lights/

Daedalus

Daedalus

Advanced Member

• 1439 posts
  • LocationSheffield
  • Vehicle Driven:2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2

The red box with wire across indicates a serious electrical problem. You need to a mechanic to read the cars error codes.  It could be a failed sensor so the car does not know how to fuel the engine. The orange engine management light indicates a pollution problem and the an orange car with skis marks is a traction control problem both of which will probably clear if you clear the problem causing the engine to run rough.

I don;t know how accessible they are on your engine but the first thing to do is check the leads are properly connected to the spark plugs.

East coast cruiser

East coast cruiser

Advanced Member

• 158 posts
  • LocationGreat Driffield, East Yorkshire, England
  • Vehicle Driven:2020 Duster II Prestige 1.3 Tce -150 PS Asbo Orange!
Is there any warranty from the seller?

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Debs787

Debs787

• 2 posts
  • LocationSouth east
  • Vehicle Driven:Dacia duster 4WD
Wonderful people!!
Thank you so much.
Serious electrical problems! Oh great. Will check plugs asap.

And unfortunately I think I had 3months warranty, but this has expired now. The trouble is it is an impulse but as the stepway i wanted was sold, but I needed a car for work.

Daedalus

Daedalus

Advanced Member

• 1439 posts
  • LocationSheffield
  • Vehicle Driven:2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2

Serious electrical problems! Oh great.

Serious in that it badly affects the performance of the car. It is probably relatively easy to rectify, the problem is identifying the failed component without access to the diagnostics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users