No replies to this topic

robinmichaelhurley

robinmichaelhurley

• 1 posts
  • LocationAberdeen
  • Vehicle Driven:Dacia Sandero 1.2

Hello

I bought a Category N Sandero. 

Often with these cars, very light damage is enough to write them off for insurance purposes.

Having said that, when I had the wheel alignment checked at Kwikfit, they were unable to properly align the wheels.  There was a slight error which was picked up by the very sophisticated Hunter wheel alignment machine that they use.

As far as I am aware, there is no problem with the way the car drives or with tyre wear.

++++

I have got another problem.

A couple of years ago, I was charged with 'Not revealing the name of the driver'.  I was one of three drivers, and the police came to my partner's house, six months after an incident, and immediately expected me to 'remember the name of the driver'.

I made the mistake of representing myself in court.  And as a consequence I had six points on my licence.

All very unfair and unjust.

The incident was an incident with a cyclist, who had posted about five hundred similar incidents with motorists.

Aberdeen Cycle Cam

https://twitter.com/...erp|twgr^author

+++++

Because of these two blots on my copy book, I have to phone up for a quote, rather than just feeling in an online form.

I have insured with the Coop for a large number of years but I have grown increasingly dissatisfied.

I received a written quote through the post, which I eventually accepted.   But it was much higher than I thought was reasonable.   I simply did not want to go to the trouble of shopping around.

I did apply for an online quote with the Coop only to be told that I would have to phone.  And when I approached them that way, I was given an astronomical quote.

+++++

Has anyone got any good suggestions?

Particularly for 'Cat N' cars?

And for points on your licence?

++++++

I feel very annoyed about the high quotes I have been offered because I feel that I am a below average risk.

After all, I drive a Dacia Sandero for goodness sake!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users