8 replies to this topic

SteveE

SteveE

• Premium Member
  • 4 posts
  • LocationNottinghamshire
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster Tce100 essential 4*2 petrol 2020
Greetings all.
Got my first Dacia Duster 9th Oct , new Tce100 essential.
Been scanning through site to pick up basic knowledge and noticed reference to MK1, MK2 duster etc......just out of curiosity what Mark is my 20 plate car.
Secondly are they prone to damp in freezing weather (repeated power steering warning since recent cold spell, it resets but is back next time I get in car). Hoping it's just a wd40 problem, but checking before I dowse it.
ATB and happy new year.

Daedalus

Daedalus

Advanced Member

• 1517 posts
  • LocationSheffield
  • Vehicle Driven:2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2

I am open to being corrected but my beliefs are:

2010 Duster launched 2012 UK

2015 Facelift usually refered to as Phase II.

2017 update to electronics. Keyless locking, auto wipers, auto headlights etc. and other things depending on market. The platform is the same. Usually refered to as Duster 2.

The power steering is electric and is dependent on many inputs including steering wheel position and road speed.

Your car is under warranty take it to the dealer.

While damp can affect high tension it does not affect 12 V electric motors unless you drive into salt water.

• Like x 1

East coast cruiser

East coast cruiser

Advanced Member

• 170 posts
  • LocationGreat Driffield, East Yorkshire, England
  • Vehicle Driven:2020 Duster II Prestige 1.3 Tce -150 PS Asbo Orange!
Welcome from East Yorks!

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
  • Like x 1

PhilK

PhilK

• 1 posts
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster

Thanks for the above from another Duster 2 newbie - learning all the time! 

• Like x 1

SteveE

SteveE

• Premium Member
  • 4 posts
  • LocationNottinghamshire
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster Tce100 essential 4*2 petrol 2020
Been in touch with dealer ( Evans halshaw, Sheffield).
who recommend getting it in to check by techs on the diagnostic computer. When I went to make appointment they suggested that I should contact Nott'm Dacia dealer due to distance and lockdown ( I'm in middle of Sheffield and Nott'm dealers distance wise, however county wise am in nott's ).
Have booked it in with Dacia Nott'm (Bristol st motors).......just curious about warranty across not only different dealers but different companies???
Don't want to end up with unexpected bill.
Anyone have experience of using warranty across different locations?

Daedalus

Daedalus

Advanced Member

• 1517 posts
  • LocationSheffield
  • Vehicle Driven:2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2

Your warranty is valid at any dealer. I don't know the situation now but it used to be valid at any dealer in the EU.

• Like x 1

KJAY

KJAY

• 1 posts
  • LocationBIRMINGHAM
  • Vehicle Driven:NOT DACIA

Hi i am new to the forum: I am a Proton and KIA client- i am looking at the Dacia Brand and thinking to buy a bio-fuel car and Dacia is the most economical vehicle which is better Santereo -or- Step Way - also i have a question will Dacia make a car similar to Logan size in UK or bring Logan to UK why have they not they did the estate and was successful so help me and thank you and to everyone Happy New Year thanks reply back.

Worcesterbhoy

Worcesterbhoy

• 5 posts
  • LocationWorcestershire
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster 1.5dci laureate
Well the Sandero has just been voted as one of the cars of the year (although part of me thinks that it follows the trend that there are no losers as all makes seem to have been mentioned) I think the simple answer is, with Dacia there are no gimmicks, you get what you pay for. I own a Duster and am very happy with it. I would suggest that you have a test drive of the Sandero and Stepway versions and make up your own mind

uvs1313de

uvs1313de

• 3 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster 2018 SCe115
Hi, I am new in this forum and I am driving a Duster 2018 SCe115, since one and a half year. It's my first Dacia and I like it. Even the possibilities to change and improve things on the car.
I added a sunroof, parking heater, Sensor with display for washer fluid, flip key
I hope to get here some good input and ideas what else to do

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users