• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Logan's Run

Logan's Run

Advanced Member

• 32 posts
  • LocationTowcester
  • Vehicle Driven:Dacia Logan 100 TCE LPG Essential
There's some good deals on the current model line up, as they phase-out ahead of the new launch in April.

My wife's car is up for renewal, but we cannot decide between a new Sandero Stepway Bi-Fuel or a pre-reg Duster 100 TCe. Both at £10,500 in Essential trim.

Anyone care to share their thoughts, opinions or experiences?

Thanks!

dgc

dgc

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 1268 posts
  • LocationLea Valley
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster '13 1.5dci 4x2 Stepway '14 1.5dci both Laurettes
Garage View Garage

We have a Duster and a Stepway both are Laurette 1.5Dci's. The Duster for us is the more comfortable car to drive in over a long distance along with a better road presence. The Stepway is the harder ride due to the eco tyres and there being less padding in the seats but is a more dare I say sporty drive. Although the width across the cabin is more or less the same the Duster as you would expect feels / is a lot more roomier. Bi-Fuel would not both me at the moment as we have no local stations where I could gas up at. Not sure about the Duster with the three cylinder engine but I am sure others will comment, it comes done to you usage. Although not so much now we had the Duster diesel for motorway driving. The Stepway diesel was picked over a petrol version as it was a bargain buy. 

• Agree x 1
  • Like x 1

JLB

JLB

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 105 posts
  • LocationSouthern Tarn, France
  • Vehicle Driven:2020 Sandero Stepway 90tce, 1977 MGB roadster

Don't know anything about the Duster, but must agree with everything dgc says about the Stepway. If your wife just wants it as a runabout the Duster's small engine shouldn't be a problem, but otherwise it's a big (ish) car for that engine to haul around on a long trip.

My opinion of my Stepway might be coloured by the level of equipment - aircon, cruise, GPS, etc. - that its equipped with as an end-of-the-range model. I don't know how that would equate with the Essential level, but I'm more than pleased with mine, but I wouldn't think it's as comfortable as the Duster.

Perhaps you could expand a bit more on what your wife will use it for, and the usefulness or otherwise of the Bi-fuel.

• Like x 1

Logan's Run

Logan's Run

Advanced Member

• 32 posts
  • LocationTowcester
Thanks for the advice - very useful. We've decided on the Duster, so now the colour choice:

White or Desert Orange? 😁

JLB

JLB

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 105 posts
  • LocationSouthern Tarn, France
  • Vehicle Driven:2020 Sandero Stepway 90tce, 1977 MGB roadster

Orangesmile.png

• Funny x 1
  • Agree x 1

Logan's Run

Logan's Run

Advanced Member

• 32 posts
  • LocationTowcester

Ok, so we went for a Duster 100 TCe Essential in...

Cosmos Blue!

Looks very smart.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users