View All Updates

Photo

Is front wiper motor failure common?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

MrJiggle

MrJiggle

• 3 posts
Hi, I've been trying to source a replacement wiper motor for my partner's 2016 Sandero, and judging by how scarce second hand ones are, they seem to fail fairly often. Is this other people's experience? I think a wiper motor failing on a 4 year old car is a disgrace, coupled with the fact that you can only get a new one from the dealer at the low low price of £306.

I took the old motor to an auto electrical shop and after having a look they said they couldn't repair it. Going back to them tomorrow to get the motor back and ask for their opinion on why it died.

If this as common as it appears, why isn't it the subject of a recall? It's not like it's a set of brake pads or wiper blades.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Daedalus

Daedalus

Advanced Member

• 1584 posts
  • LocationSheffield
  • Vehicle Driven:2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2

Isn't it also possible that they so rarely fail it is not worth scrapyards pulling them from scrap cars and putting them on ebay.

There are breakers that advertise cars being broken for spares and you can request a quote for them to strip and post the part you want.

MrJiggle

MrJiggle

• 3 posts

Isn't it also possible that they so rarely fail it is not worth scrapyards pulling them from scrap cars and putting them on ebay.

There are breakers that advertise cars being broken for spares and you can request a quote for them to strip and post the part you want.

I thought that but every scrapyard I've contacted via eBay or phone directly has said they either didn't have a dacia in or they did but the wiper motor had already been sold. The garage who were also looking for a second hand wiper motor had the same problem.

Daedalus

Daedalus

Advanced Member

• 1584 posts
  • LocationSheffield
  • Vehicle Driven:2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2

Are you certain it is the actual motor? If so it has been reported that the clio Mk3 wiper motor alone, not any of gears and linkage, is the same. there is no part no. for the motor alone so it is up to you to do your own research. 

MrJiggle

MrJiggle

• 3 posts
Thanks for the info, I still have the old motor so when I have a bit of spare money I'll get a mk3 clio motor and transplant them. Will be handy to have a viable spare if the new one decides to die in a few years time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users