Attention Duster Owners! Please leave a review of your Duster! - Page 5 - Dacia Duster Forum - Dacia Forum

News Feed

View All Updates

Photo

Attention Duster Owners! Please leave a review of your Duster!

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

Pickaxe

Pickaxe

Advanced Member

• 90 posts
  • LocationDroitwich, Worcestershire, UK
  • Vehicle Driven:Dacia Duster 1.3 Comfort 4x2

Getting back to earlier comments on the new 1.3 petrol turbo and although we've only covered 500 miles in ours, I have to say the engine is outstanding. Smooth, strong and fuels perfectly. This compared with previous petrol turbos we've owned including a Seat 1.4 Tsi and our previous 0.9 Stepway.

Pickaxe

Pickaxe

Advanced Member

• 90 posts

2000 miles clocked up and I suppose you'd say she is now 'run in.' The whole package continues to impress us and I still think the engines a peach. Quiet, smooth and powerful in a real world way.

The fuel consumption is averaging 46mpg, which is as good as, or better than our 0.9 Stepway.

My only slight criticism is the integrated sat nav, which, isn't on a par with separate Garmin units I own, however, I don't  need to use it often.

• Like x 1

robtheplod

robtheplod

Advanced Member

• 33 posts
  • LocationNorfolk

Had my Duster Prestige 1.3 TCe 150BHP for almost a month and done 800 miles in it. So far really impressed with it. The engine is quiet and quick although power comes in differently to my Diesel Focus, but that's probably just the difference in engine technology. The build is good and it feels solid. The drive is smooth and handles poor Norfolk roads really well! - in fact i'd say the ride is smoother than my Ford Focus and the Jaguar XE I took for test drive so that's quite something!

My family were sceptical about me getting a Duster - usual reservations about a budget car/label etc, but they have come around to liking 'Miss Piggy'. My kids say the ride in the back is nice and i'm loving the big boot. Got the rubber mats for the car/boot and these are keeping it all clean - a worthwhile addition and recommended!

I've fitted front/rear dashcams and the wiring was nice and easy to the fusebox by the glove compartment if anyone is interested. 

The Dacia Dealer has been OK (Holdens in Norwich). Not very responsive to emails and didn't update me very often during the process but i'm thinking that's normal? When I got the car it has white streaks in the plastic bits on the door pillars - I think they were polish and this has taken a bit to get out, but looking good now.

I was surprised to find I had a steel plate underneath the engine to protect it from road debris - with just a small hold for the oil drain, so that's good to know.

Now chasing the dealer to get me on the Dacia online system so I can look at extended warranties etc...… again they are not responding so I will keep at it!

that's it for now, in a nutshell recommended!

rob

lightening_fingers

lightening_fingers

Advanced Member

• 98 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster 2 comfort 1.5 blue tdi
Coming up for 19k miles now in my 1.5 dciblue

Can easily get 55mpg (calculated and reported) over a weeks driving (>500 mile mainly motorway but some rural driving).
ADblue use seems still suspiciously low, compared to friends cars (on my duster it could be considered a service interval top up)

Apart from my continued saga on the waterleak, all ECU error problems now seem sorted (ADblue injector and brake switch needed changing)

Mine seems to have now developed the nasty habit of loosing its screen wash “prime” meaning, when I need to clear the screen the washer pump has to run for > 20 seconds before water starts to flow.
Also, the washer tank seems on the small side to me. I like a nice clear screen, so tend to use it a bit.

I continue to be impressed with the ride, road noise and handling general. It’s no sports car, but also it’s no wallowing barge either!

RB75

RB75

• 1 posts
  • LocationNorth East
  • Vehicle Driven:Dacia Duster and Suzuki Jimny
5 days old duster comfort 4x4.

So far exquisite.

From a Suzuki Jimny to this I'm in luxury with no rattles or squeaks.

I'll update as the days and mile go...

Aleksandar1932

Aleksandar1932

• 2 posts
  • LocationMacedonia
  • Vehicle Driven:Dacia Duster
I am owner of Dacia Duster Ambience 2011, I am not using it as daily driver, but mostly as family trip car. Since than it has done 34000 km. And I am very satisfied of it. I am servicing it regularly at Reanult/ Dacia service. Beside the regular changes of oil, fluids and sensors it hasn't had another problem or fault.

georgedw

georgedw

Advanced Member

• 92 posts
  • LocationFife Scotland
  • Vehicle Driven:2019 Duster 1300cc

Picked up my new Duster comfort petrol 1300cc yesterday and I'm impressed. Very enjoyable to drive but it's going to take time to get used to the six gears and how low they are pitched. Very comfortable and good driving position although the steering is certainly on the light side. Being an old-fashioned and ancient fella, I'm running it in despite being assured that this is already done, but it feels as if it has plenty poke and I hope to improve on the present mpg which should be possible.

I've been driving since 1956 and would like to think that this is my last car.....but then I've said this before....many times.

• Like x 1

georgedw

georgedw

Advanced Member

• 92 posts
  • LocationFife Scotland

Initial impressions continue to be good and I'm impressed. The new petrol 1300 engine is smooth and very quiet with good acceleration. Being an anal old fart I'm running it in, although I do know they say that this is not necessary these days. At the moment I appear to be running at around 39mpg but as this is going by the computer this may not be too accurate. I would expect this to improve as the mileage increases.

The new seats are pretty comfortable and offer a degree of side support and the driving position pretty ideal for me. The controls are well thought-out and the media screen is now in a much better position. The overall impression is one of airy space with very good visibility, although the relatively small rear window does restrict somewhat, this is relieved by the rear camera......essential for an old dodderer of eighty.

The steering, at least initially, does seem very light but it does provide almost effortless steering......the large wheels profit by having this I believe.

All in all I can say with hand on heart, is that I love the car......it is everything I would want...and this coming with a perspective shaped by sixty-five years of motoring.

• Agree x 1

edderman

edderman

• 11 posts
  • LocationNorthern Scotland
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster 2 150 TCE 4 x 4

Have just collected today my Duster2 Fusion Red Techroad Tce150 4x4.

Wow, what a car it is, so great to drive and very nicely equippped.

Far exceeds any reasonable expectations at this price level in my view.

Purchased as a pre-reg with 10 miles on the clock from Arnold Clark at £1200 below list price.

p_rocha

p_rocha

• 13 posts
  • LocationPortugal
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster 1.5 Dci

1000 Kms in my new Duster 1.5 dci blue.

Apart from being a low cost, is in general what I expected and does the job. However I would never buy it again. The whining noise (already refered by other reviewers) of the fuel pump (or Adblue pump?) is a deal breaker. It totally ruins a nice car and nice driving experience and I can't live with it, so I will probably sell soon and never buy a Dacia again. The dealer days it's normal in this cars. I have issued a formal complaint to the brand headquarters, but not much hope...

I have uploaded this to youtube, so you can understand what I am talking about: https://www.youtube....h?v=5ja9fgR1Y90

georgedw

georgedw

Advanced Member

• 92 posts
  • LocationFife Scotland

Wow! I can understand, after listening to the video just how you feel. That is unacceptable and I understand why you want to reject the car. Surely this cannot be seen as normal? There must be something wrong here and Dacia must be seen to take this seriously.

p_rocha

p_rocha

• 13 posts
  • LocationPortugal
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster 1.5 Dci

Wow! I can understand, after listening to the video just how you feel. That is unacceptable and I understand why you want to reject the car. Surely this cannot be seen as normal? There must be something wrong here and Dacia must be seen to take this seriously.

But this is normal in the new 1.5 dci blue, according to the dealer and other owners (I have heard it in other car). Just can't understand why there aren't more complaints and Dacia don't issue a fix.

lightening_fingers

lightening_fingers

Advanced Member

• 98 posts

But this is normal in the new 1.5 dci blue, according to the dealer and other owners (I have heard it in other car). Just can't understand why there aren't more complaints and Dacia don't issue a fix.

So in mine, I can hear the pump prime, but you CANNOT hear it at all when the engine is running.
Mine is NOT like this and never has been.
1.5tdi blue, gen2 21k miles on the clock
  • Like x 1

edderman

edderman

• 11 posts
  • LocationNorthern Scotland
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster 2 150 TCE 4 x 4

@georgedw

Hi

Sorry to bother you, I have a few days ago taken delivery of a New Duster 1.3 Tce and can find no info. anywhere in the Handbook about the grade of oil to be used for top up or any kind of a service/maintenance schedule.  Have phoned and emailed the Stealership but not had any reply as yet. Did you get any info like that with yours?.

Also the dipstick seems incredibly hard to read do you find that?,  (or it's is low on oil already!).

The latter would not suprise me as the twonks at Arnold Clarke Dacia in Inverness sent it out with 40 psi pressure in the tyres, so anything is possible!

georgedw

georgedw

Advanced Member

• 92 posts
  • LocationFife Scotland

@georgedw

Hi

Sorry to bother you, I have a few days ago taken delivery of a New Duster 1.3 Tce and can find no info. anywhere in the Handbook about the grade of oil to be used for top up or any kind of a service/maintenance schedule.  Have phoned and emailed the Stealership but not had any reply as yet. Did you get any info like that with yours?.

Also the dipstick seems incredibly hard to read do you find that?,  (or it's is low on oil already!).

The latter would not suprise me as the twonks at Arnold Clarke Dacia in Inverness sent it out with 40 psi pressure in the tyres, so anything is possible!

I have to say that I haven't looked and nor have I checked the oil as yet.....only 600 odd miles as yet.

The oil used by modern cars these days is designed to be capable of 12000 mile intervals between oil changes so I imagine any one of the modern synthetic oils will do the job. Elf does three types which should be appropriate and these are:

Evolution Full Tech....best and most expensive

Evolution 900....high protection and performance

Evolution 700.....superior protection and performance.

•  
  •  

Pickaxe

Pickaxe

Advanced Member

• 90 posts
Sorry can't help with oil viscosity. The level is quite difficult to check when the oil is new, it's like water. Doubt that the level will be wrong as its measured out during initial manufacture. Also be careful replacing the dipstick. It's thin and a funny shape. In an emergency any viscosity oil will mix quite happily and won't cause harm.
  • Like x 1

lightening_fingers

lightening_fingers

Advanced Member

• 98 posts

@georgedw

Hi

Sorry to bother you, I have a few days ago taken delivery of a New Duster 1.3 Tce and can find no info. anywhere in the Handbook about the grade of oil to be used for top up or any kind of a service/maintenance schedule. Have phoned and emailed the Stealership but not had any reply as yet. Did you get any info like that with yours?.

Also the dipstick seems incredibly hard to read do you find that?, (or it's is low on oil already!).

There are various online checkers you can use for the specific oil.

I’d go with 5w40 and ACEA B3 at least.
Check the oil meets the Renault spec, Halfords normally do good enough home brand oils that meet manufactures specs.

According to the Castrol website u need 0w30 a5 or b5

Roger

Roger

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 3875 posts
  • LocationDudley, West Midlands. UK
  • Vehicle Driven:2013 (63) Sandero Stepway Laureate dCi 90 in Azurite Blue. Supplied with a full size 5 spoke spare wheel & tyre with a 80 km/h sticker ! Now driving with a permanently lit dashboard !
  • My Fuel Logs
    Average MPG: 50.371

@georgedw

Hi

You should have been given a Warranty & Service Schedule at hand over. Ask the dealer for it. Failing that, contact Dacia Customer Relations on :- 0344 335 1111 with you VIN number to hand. wink.png 

• Like x 1

My Stepway ? I'm lovin' it !! :D  :D 

georgedw

georgedw

Advanced Member

• 92 posts
  • LocationFife Scotland

You should have been given a Warranty & Service Schedule at hand over. Ask the dealer for it. Failing that, contact Dacia Customer Relations on :- 0344 335 1111 with you VIN number to hand. wink.png

I'm sorry but I refuse to check my oil on principle.....I mean I pay people to do that.

The very idea.......ohmy.png

• Funny x 1

Dunx

Dunx

• 7 posts
  • LocationAyrshire
  • Vehicle Driven:2019 Duster blue diesel 4x4

Yay had mine nearly a week now and mainly I love it. The ride was quite joggly but settled down when I put the correct air in the tyres (came out the showroom with 40 PSI at each corner).

Sadly after four days the yellow spanner warning appeared during a long drive so it has to go in and get mended but you get niggles with new cars. happy.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users