11 replies to this topic

Dave_T_UK

Dave_T_UK

Advanced Member

• Members (founding)
  • 168 posts
  • LocationLichfield,Midlands
  • Vehicle Driven:Sandero Stepway TCE90 Petrol Laureate
Does anyone know if there is a compatable Flip Key unit for Dacia/stepway, I have seen quite a few on ebay for Renault, but none specifically for Dacia range.
Admin please feel free to repost if you think I would get a better response if listed in a different section.

badboyardy

badboyardy

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 157 posts

Does anyone know if there is a compatable Flip Key unit for Dacia/stepway, I have seen quite a few on ebay for Renault, but none specifically for Dacia range.
Admin please feel free to repost if you think I would get a better response if listed in a different section.

Check here on duster thread I'm getting used to it make sure phone etc in diff pocket ;)

- unless its for exact model of Dacia - ie spacing of buttons etc Ebay buyer beware

http://www.daciaforu...itchblade-keys/

Dave_T_UK

Dave_T_UK

Advanced Member

• Members (founding)
  • 168 posts
Hi Badboy, thanks for taking time to reply, I had already seen the flip key discussion for the duster. I had my stepway test drive a while back and didn't take that much notice of the key design other than it being a standard key. So until I take delivery I feel I cannot really make any progress with this issue, and being able to match the key to one that can be matched to an available flip key unit. Unless someone has actually been able to find a match for the dacia key and share it here on the forum.
Dave T

Dave_T_UK

Dave_T_UK

Advanced Member

• Members (founding)
  • 168 posts
Right, just had an idea.
If someone on here has actually got a Sandero key, could they upload a couple of photos and some dimensions. As it will more than likely be an old Renault design (cleo circa 2003). We could then compare it with what we have (my wife has got a 2003 cleo and that has a 1 button key) or even upload the pics to facebook/twitter and ask our friends if they recognise the key.
Thanks guys, Dave T

badboyardy

badboyardy

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 157 posts

Right, just had an idea.
If someone on here has actually got a Sandero key, could they upload a couple of photos and some dimensions. As it will more than likely be an old Renault design (cleo circa 2003). We could then compare it with what we have (my wife has got a 2003 cleo and that has a 1 button key) or even upload the pics to facebook/twitter and ask our friends if they recognise the key.
Thanks guys, Dave T

Already looked - that was my thinking Clio MK 2 probably - spacing of internals might be a problem unless exact....

Heres my Stepway key

ivqf.jpg

chrisl300

chrisl300

Advanced Member

• Duster Forum Moderator
  • 1,489 posts
Garage View Garage Contributor

Is it the same key on the Logan? They say this is the same as the Dacia Logan. Renault type: B27

http://www.onlyda.co...11648596089.jpg

Dacia Duster "a car for people over-endowed with sense." - James May - TopGear
http://www.dacia.ie/...ster_review.pdf

Dave_T_UK

Dave_T_UK

Advanced Member

• Members (founding)
  • 168 posts
Thanks Badboy for posting the stepway key photo so quickly.
At least we now know what we are looking for, I am now assuming that it is a 1 button key, press to lock, press again to unlock.
Well we can definitely rule out 2003 cleo, although it is a 1 button key, but the button is in the centre, and not in the top corner as in your pic.
I have a relative close by with a 2005 cleo, so will have a look at her key, will report back soon.

Dave_T_UK

Dave_T_UK

Advanced Member

• Members (founding)
  • 168 posts
This is a key for renault cleo 03 plate

Attached Thumbnails

• Renault Cleo 03 plate.jpg

Dave_T_UK

Dave_T_UK

Advanced Member

• Members (founding)
  • 168 posts
This is a key for Renault Cleo 58 plate, now this looks just like the pic that Badboy posted, but with an additional boot unlock button.
So now we need to know if they made one without the boot unlock button

Attached Thumbnails

• 20130726_210127.jpg

Dave_T_UK

Dave_T_UK

Advanced Member

• Members (founding)
  • 168 posts
Can someone tell me why half the image is missing, how do I post photos as in Badboys post ?

Dave_T_UK

Dave_T_UK

Advanced Member

• Members (founding)
  • 168 posts
I see on ebay that there is a 2 button one available, but not found a flip kit yet

chrisl300

chrisl300

Advanced Member

• Duster Forum Moderator
  • 1,489 posts
Garage View Garage Contributor

Sigh

Dacia Duster "a car for people over-endowed with sense." - James May - TopGear
http://www.dacia.ie/...ster_review.pdf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users