• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Karl

Karl

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 540 posts
  • LocationGuildford, Surrey
Just been doing some digging around and ordering up a spare wheel for when my Laureate ready for when it arrives and i cant beleave the price difference on the wheels!

Steel wheel £50.16 + Vat
Alloy wheel £80.50 + Vat

Then of course the carrier and fitting on top.

Dacia Duster lauréate 4x2 with Mudflaps, Towbar, Alloy Spare Wheel Kit, Boot Liner, Mats, Kenwood Stereo Setup, Sidesteps and wind deflectors = Took delivery on 23/04/2013!

NineCherries

NineCherries

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 759 posts
  • LocationNear Stirling
  • Vehicle Driven:Stepway Laueate 1.5 dCi
  • My Fuel Logs
    Average MPG: 51.374
Garage View Garage
Is that rim only, I presume, or is that with a tyre fitted?? Just checking. :)

Karl

Karl

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 540 posts
Just the rim.

Im awaiting our tyre company to come back with options as i dont want to put a conti on a wheel that will live under the car so going to get a budget.

Dacia Duster lauréate 4x2 with Mudflaps, Towbar, Alloy Spare Wheel Kit, Boot Liner, Mats, Kenwood Stereo Setup, Sidesteps and wind deflectors = Took delivery on 23/04/2013!

NineCherries

NineCherries

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 759 posts
  • LocationNear Stirling
  • My Fuel Logs
Garage View Garage
Thought so. Cheers.
It also might be worth waxoyling the rim before it gets tucked away. The wee pug206 estate thingy my wife has has the wheel underneath, jack rotted (as it was in a box within the spare) and the rim was badly rusted last time I looked. Had to run it down and reprint it....... Plus buy a new jack. Great idea having it underneath for access but not so good in a country that salts the roads.

Karl

Karl

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 540 posts
Yea.

I have a few plans im a bit of a detailing freak so will give the car a good going over and im going to request there valeters dont clean the car!

Once ive fitted the cage ill then worry about putting the wheel in but will go over it with a polish and wax first then give it a few coats of this

http://www.cleanyour...ant/prod_9.html

Water just runs off no problems :)

NineCherries

NineCherries

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 759 posts
  • LocationNear Stirling
  • My Fuel Logs
Garage View Garage
Cool. Good to know that will work. I never thought of it for that purpose. I had only thought about brake dust. Makes sense now. :)

Karl

Karl

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 540 posts
Having OCD makes you detail that makes you spend £££ on cleaning stuff!

Tallywag

Tallywag

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 185 posts
  • LocationChichester

Karl have you fitted the spare wheel to your 4x2 yet?

If not can you give me details of where you can get the bits for fitting.

I asked my dealer and he had no knowledge of a DACIA option for this.

PS - You will also need to buy a jack as 4x2 does not come with one just an inflation kit.

Karl

Karl

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 540 posts

What 4x2?

Mines due on the 9th April!

Tallywag

Tallywag

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 185 posts
  • LocationChichester

Sorry, got mine yesterday and driving without  a spare wheel just doesn't seem right, saw your thread and thought I would ask what you know about getting hold of the bits required as nothing is showing up in Google or on the Dacia Shop.

Are you going to order your bits and pieces through the dealer then?

Karl

Karl

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 540 posts

Order one from here

http://www.renaultuk...EL_KIT_SEE-KARL

Sorry, got mine yesterday and driving without  a spare wheel just doesn't seem right, saw your thread and thought I would ask what you know about getting hold of the bits required as nothing is showing up in Google or on the Dacia Shop.

Are you going to order your bits and pieces through the dealer then?

smurfcymru

smurfcymru

• Members
  • 29 posts
Garage View Garage

Has anyone found out what other wheels might fit as a spare, a quick look suggested maybe a mk3 scenic, or laguna which seem to have 5 stud fitting or maybe a Nissan juke. A second hand one of these may suit as an emergency spare but still doesn't solve the fitting kit issue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users