2001 Dacia SuperNova

Dacia pdf Manuals

den

den

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 157 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster 1.5 tdi in Met Grey 2wd

As the Duster has a DPF filter on its diesel 1.5tdi the engine is then a RN0720 isnt it? The latest stuff on engine oils says its ACEA C4 for this engine from Renault.  See attd Obviously other makes are the same for C4 oils but this is an example of why to use C4 not C3.

About Millers Oils XF Longlife C4 5w-30

Millers Oils XF Longlife C4 5w-30 is a high performance extended drain full synthetic low SAPS engine oil suitable for the latest technology petrol and diesel engines. Suitable for use in petrol and diesel engines meeting Euro IV/V emissions standards requiring ACEA C4 specification - the required grade for latest Renault diesel engines with diesel particle filters (RN 0720 specification).

Millers Oils XF Longlife C4 5w-30 is also known as:

• Millers XF C4 5w-30 engine oil
  • Millers XF Longlife C4 5w-30 engine oil
  • Millers Oils XF Long life C4 5w-30
  • Millers Oils XF ACEA C4 5w-30

NineCherries

NineCherries

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 826 posts
  • LocationNear Stirling
  • Vehicle Driven:Stepway Laueate 1.5 dCi
  • My Fuel Logs
    Average MPG: 51.374
Garage View Garage
http://www.opieoils....c-789-acea.aspx

I found this while answering another post. It describes the difference between c3 c4 and the rest. Might be of interest.

den

den

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 157 posts

Thanks for the great info tip. I looked and there isnt Dacia info but using the Renault info i assume the Duster has a Rn0720 engine and needs ACEA C4 in it. It must have a Particle Filer and a catalyst so it looks like thats the right one.  I saw on the site that Millers is one of the C4 choices i found elsewhere for the engine. Its only about £9 for a litre so my top up needs will be cheap enough.

C3 might also be the right choice but who knows???? A visit to the dealer might help and thats my plan shortly. I am amazed that nobody else has had to do the same as me yet. Does nobody else think about oil levels in their Duster?????

Cheers anyway it was all of good use and educated me on oil...

Peter31

Peter31

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 197 posts
  • LocationThe Riviera.............South Devon

Thanks for the great info tip. I looked and there isnt Dacia info but using the Renault info i assume the Duster has a Rn0720 engine and needs ACEA C4 in it. It must have a Particle Filer and a catalyst so it looks like thats the right one.  I saw on the site that Millers is one of the C4 choices i found elsewhere for the engine. Its only about £9 for a litre so my top up needs will be cheap enough.
C3 might also be the right choice but who knows???? A visit to the dealer might help and thats my plan shortly. I am amazed that nobody else has had to do the same as me yet. Does nobody else think about oil levels in their Duster?????
Cheers anyway it was all of good use and educated me on oil...

I can assure you that there are others who have considered oil levels . Can I again suggest that you have a look at the thread " Motoring Discounts" sub thread " 15% discount on Total oils. ". Clicking on the link will take you to the Total/Elf website. Here you will find an Interactive Lubrication Adviser . Entering your car reg no will then identify your car and tell you which engine oil to use. I have found them reasonable on cost and very fast on free delivery.
Also , when you took delivery your salesman should have printed off a service schedule and lubricants list specific to your VIN No.

Hope this helps
Regards
Peter
White Duster Access 1.6 ( Petrol ) 4X2 (105 )No add on packs. Ordered 14th July 2012 and delivered 27th March 2013.<p>Radio , boot floor mat and carpet mats added.
An exiled Cornishman.

nobbi1977

nobbi1977

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 85 posts
  • LocationUk
My dealer mentioned the service intervals on Dacia are less than the same engine in a Renault.

No idea why but my assumption is lower quality fuel and oil is likely to be used in eastern Europe.

Would be interested to see what oil a Dealer will use and if it is the same as a Renualt here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

den

den

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 157 posts

Latest on this is i went to the dealer i bought from and saw their service chaps. I asked them which fluids to use in the Duster Diesel SUV.

What they sold me and said i should use is C3 type oil even though the detail in the Renault web page above says the RN0720 should be type C4 !!!!!!!!  The also sold me some coolant fluid which is a different colour to what my car has in it. Even i can tell blue from red!!!! Its named type D. When i told them it was different they simply said thats what they put in all Renaults for both oil and coolant!!!!

So the list is now Oil C3 or C4. brake fluid Dot4 class 4 or 6, Power Steering fluid Renault Matic D2 , coolant Type D.

The salesman i bought from wasnt there so i couldnt ask him for the printed list of fluids mentioned so i asked the service and workshop staff and the above is their joint summary.

I now have a liter of coolant, engine oil , power st oil and a pot of Dot4 brake fluid so my fun topping up till the annual service can begin. I still say Dacia has failed all buyers in not putting this info on a sheet inside the handbook.

Peter31

Peter31

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 197 posts
  • LocationThe Riviera.............South Devon
Glad you have been able to clarify the situation Den !!!!
White Duster Access 1.6 ( Petrol ) 4X2 (105 )No add on packs. Ordered 14th July 2012 and delivered 27th March 2013.<p>Radio , boot floor mat and carpet mats added.
An exiled Cornishman.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dacia, engine, motor, oil, change, oil type

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users