Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 759 posts
  • LocationNear Stirling
  • Vehicle Driven:Stepway Laueate 1.5 dCi
  • My Fuel Logs
    Average MPG: 51.374
Garage View Garage
Has anyone heard an official due date yet? I was in at a dealer today but he wouldn't commit.

badboyardy

badboyardy

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 155 posts
Well my experience 2 weeks ago kinda sums up my growing disillusionment of the Dacia/Renault experience - just asked when Stepway was available to preorder as it said 1st Jan on their website - Stepway - whats that? 30 minutes later they printed some PR from their French website - and said June maybe - do I want to put a deposit down? Like I say on my other thread is it worth the gamble to leave my Duster preorder on and also put a deposit on the Stepway and see which turns up first....

Nick

Nick

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 805 posts
  • LocationHertfordshire
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster
  • My Fuel Logs
    Average MPG: 44.394
Garage View Garage Contributor
Your local Dacia dealer didn't know the Stepway exists??!! Then again, why am I surprised.

NineCherries

NineCherries

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 759 posts
  • LocationNear Stirling
  • My Fuel Logs
Garage View Garage
I pre preordered one today and have been told 3 Jun for our car. Not holding my breath going by duster delays.

Exciting times though :)
  • Like x 1

Nick

Nick

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 805 posts
  • LocationHertfordshire
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster
  • My Fuel Logs
    Average MPG: 44.394
Nice one!

badboyardy

badboyardy

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 155 posts

I pre preordered one today and have been told 3 Jun for our car. Not holding my breath going by duster delays.

Exciting times though :)

Well done - can I ask how much you had to put down for a deposit? And which spec/colour did you go for? If my duster keeps get delayed will wait for Stepway
  • Like x 1

NineCherries

NineCherries

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 759 posts
  • LocationNear Stirling
  • My Fuel Logs
Garage View Garage
Yeah no worries, £100 deposit, diesel laureate, cinder red with a spare wheel kit. Took a test drive of a Sandero with my wife the other day, quite a nice place to be. Car drove well and was not noisy. After reading a few reviews of dacias I was expecting a lot of noise. Nope. Being honest I'd say it was quieter than her peugeot. Really looking forward to the demo Stepway arriving and giving it a blast. Spec of the laureate is impressive in my opinion, with media nav, parking sensors etc. I still fancy a duster but other than the lack of 4x4 the Stepway out shines it in value for money. I've been told it will be 6 weeks or so before I hear anything else but I'll post on here if I hear anything new.
  • Like x 1

NineCherries

NineCherries

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 759 posts
  • LocationNear Stirling
  • My Fuel Logs
Garage View Garage
I've been bugging @daciauk on twitter and they say the first demo cars will available July. I'm presuming my pre order is going to slip that way too. Ho hum :(

Bwlgirl

Bwlgirl

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 88 posts
Nooooooo :-(
Ordered Stepway Laureate DCI in February, arrived in garage at beginning of August, picking it up on September 6th.

JarrowDriver

JarrowDriver

• Members
  • 25 posts
I have been trying to pre order a Stepway for 2 weeks now.

I asked my local Renault dealer to do this but there was a problem on the website ordering system at the time. he said I was the first order they had taken for s Stepway from that particular dealership. I tried again myself to order later in the week and got the same error message that the dealer got.
My wife took a a telephone call a few days later when I was at work from someone asking if I had been trying to order via the website, and they confirmed there were technical difficulties, and would let me know when everything was working again. That was a week ago.

I would have thought that relying on an online ordering system as Dacia are, they would jump on this sort of problem right away.

Has anyone else succeeded in ordering in the last couple of weeks?

Bwlgirl

Bwlgirl

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 88 posts
I ordered on the 12th of February via a local dealer but have had nothing from Dacia. Not sure if that's normal. I was told by my dealer that we would be able to test drive the Stepway in May and would receive our car in June. Have since been told by Dacia via their Facebook page that this is now incorrect, that the Stepway will be in garages to test drive in July and the first customer deliveries will also be in July.

I'm not sure why they are having so many problems and why the communication is so poor. All the reviews of Dacia cars are positive so I'm just keeping that in mind and hope that after these initial issues are sorted out, then it will be plain sailing. Fingers crossed!
Ordered Stepway Laureate DCI in February, arrived in garage at beginning of August, picking it up on September 6th.

NineCherries

NineCherries

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 759 posts
  • LocationNear Stirling
  • My Fuel Logs
Garage View Garage
Similar story here as with bwlgirl. I ordered on the 8th of feb at a dealer, not heard anything since then from either them or dacia direct.

Has anyone who ordered from a dealer had any contact from dacia direct? Or has it all been from the dealer?

jeffhc

jeffhc

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationWirral
  • Vehicle Driven:Suzuki Swift

I ordered on the 12th of February via a local dealer but have had nothing from Dacia. Not sure if that's normal. I was told by my dealer that we would be able to test drive the Stepway in May and would receive our car in June. Have since been told by Dacia via their Facebook page that this is now incorrect, that the Stepway will be in garages to test drive in July and the first customer deliveries will also be in July.

I'm not sure why they are having so many problems and why the communication is so poor. All the reviews of Dacia cars are positive so I'm just keeping that in mind and hope that after these initial issues are sorted out, then it will be plain sailing. Fingers crossed!

I ordered my Stepway from Lookers Chester on 29/June/2013 and told it will be with me on 1/Sep/2013. A week before receiving it I had to ring them as they didn't bother to let me know that I would have to wait another two months and I would now receive it on the 6/Nov/2013. The dealer could not tell me what the delay was so I went onto the Dacia web site and had a live chat with someone who got a customer relations person to ring me. The next day Baber Zaman rang me telling me he would find out the delay and a new arrival date and he is in a position to speed up the delivery date for me. A few days later he phoned me back telling me the car was on its way to the ferry from the factory in Romania and I would be picking it up on or before 6/Nov/2013. The delay was down to too many people ordering the Stepway which the factory could not handle and could not apologise more if he tried. Again a few days before 6/Nov/2013 I had to ring Lookers to ask about collecting my car, and again they told me the delivery date had changed to 20/Nov/2013 and admitting they didn't know why. Contacting Baber Zaman, again, thinking he might be able to shed some light on this third delay. but all he could do was to agree with Lookers to not knowing why yet another delay was given, but as compensation he would send me a free voucher for my first service. I was thrilled to bits with this offer (NOT) and I only wanted to get a confirmed delivery date that they could keep to schedule. As it is now 20/Nov/2013, yes you have guessed it, I am still waiting for my car, the last excuse was it has been held at the compound with a seat problem.  The problem I have is that the Dacia sales person for Lookers has not been able to tell me why they had any of these delays and even the General manager didn't know why. I can not believe that they can not pick up the phone to the departments involved and ask the questions for any of these delays, but they insist that they can only email these departments and if they do not reply, they can not do anymore. (BULL ----)   As of now, I am still waiting for someone to ring me and let me know the delivery date, but I was told they could only do this if the people at the compound where my car is (apparently)   will not email them with the release date.  I will keep you posted IF sorry! when I finally get my car. As for most of you who have been given a delivery date for your nice new car to, don't hold your breath because until Dacia and the dealers start to communicate with each other, no one will be able to give you a confirmed delivery date, and they will not give you the reason why. You will just be expected to wait and wait and wait.

Royale431

Royale431

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 257 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh
  • Vehicle Driven:Kia Cee'd SW - possibly to be replaced with a Duster or MCV sometime in the future?

It's things like this that damage the reputation of the brand. The delays themselves are, in many cases, understandable and forgiveable; it's the abject failure to commmunicate that sullies customer / dealer relationships and costs sales.

NineCherries

NineCherries

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 759 posts
  • LocationNear Stirling
  • My Fuel Logs
Garage View Garage
I was in at my local dealers today and they were saying that it was the June orders that were arriving now.

Dave_T_UK

Dave_T_UK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • LocationLichfield,Midlands
  • Vehicle Driven:Sandero Stepway TCE90 Petrol Laureate
When I went to collect my car yesterday I asked the salesman what he is telling people about current delivery times. He said orders placed now would be expected in February

Roger

Roger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 236 posts
  • LocationDudley, West Midlands
  • Vehicle Driven:Sandero Stepway Laureate dCi 90 in Azurite Blue & spare wheel !

Ordered my Stepway Laureate dCi on July 4, collecting tomorrow :)  1 day earlier than date given ! :-) :D  :D  :D

Marillion

Marillion

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 149 posts
  • LocationMidlands
  • Vehicle Driven:Stepway Tce90 in Pearl Black - called 'Sweep'

It's things like this that damage the reputation of the brand. The delays themselves are, in many cases, understandable and forgiveable; it's the abject failure to commmunicate that sullies customer / dealer relationships and costs sales.

Very true!

I guess the dealers are caught between a rock-and-a-hard-place really.

Someone enters the showroom, sees the car and wants to buy it. If the salesperson said "Very well sir/madam but you will need to wait 6-7 months for delivery....." a fair few prospective buyers would walk away at that point.

Alternatively, the salesperson said "Certainly sir/madam, we can get that sorted for you. Let's get the paperwork out of the way. Have you thought about the extended warranty or the Touring pack at all?" Already, the punter feels tied in to the deal and is less likely to walk away.

So, the non-communication from dealerships could be a sales-ploy to keep you tied into the deal or (more likely) Dacia simply don't release the information to the dealerships in order to pass it on to us. Right from the very start it would appear that dealers were kept a little bit in the dark about the cars - the spec, colours (White Stepway anyone?), the price increase for non-solid colours when the white became available, the cost of a full size spare wheel and tyre (£50, £75 or £95 - all figures we've seen on these forums) and the list goes on.

I'm sure the teething issues will sort themselves out sooner rather than later and, given the obvious popularity of the cars, it might be worth the Dacia brand (once it is established) breaking away from Renault dealerships and going-it-alone in their own premises (but still being able to utilize the spares and servicing backup from Renault) Fingers crossed!

Sandero Stepway Laureate TCe 90 in Pearl Black - Called 'Sweep'

Still enjoying doing the maths!

chrisl300

chrisl300

Advanced Member

• Duster Forum Moderator
  • 1,310 posts

Dacia official info: http://www.dacia.co....livery-details/

Dacia Duster "a car for people over-endowed with sense." - James May - TopGear
http://www.dacia.ie/...ster_review.pdf

NineCherries

NineCherries

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 759 posts
  • LocationNear Stirling
  • My Fuel Logs
Garage View Garage
I'm just checking that folk realise I started this thread away back at the end of January just before I pre ordered.
Only highlighting this in case folks think its a new subject :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users