Radio

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

iaina

iaina

• 7 posts
  • LocationBirmingham
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster

Hi all, my radio in my duster changes volume level every time i turn the radio on. i adjust the radio to the correct sound level that is good for me , but when the radio is switched off and on again ( when i next get in the car) the volume is so low that i have to adjust it again. it is not dire, but very irritating , especially when i am in and out of the car all day. do all of yours do the same or am i missing something? or could it be back to the dealers again.

regards IainA

• Agree x 1

shaun.tate

shaun.tate

Advanced Member

• 155 posts
  • LocationKings Lynn
  • Vehicle Driven:Dacia Sandero Stepway 1.5dci
I think it's to avoid the driver blowing their heads off with the unexpectedly high volume set when the engine was last switched off.
  • Agree x 1

Duster Tom

Duster Tom

• 14 posts
  • LocationLeicestershire
Yup, mine starts at the same volume every time and not the volume I left it at
  • Agree x 1

Roughcut1

Roughcut1

Advanced Member

• 313 posts
  • LocationBarnsley, South Yorkshire, UK.
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster Prestige 4x4 dci Slate Grey
As long as it plays radio 4 its all good :)
  • Funny x 1

yorkshirejohn

yorkshirejohn

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationSat in Kitchen.
  • Vehicle Driven:Mitzi FTO...+ ..65 plate, stepway laureate,pearl black, diesel
Garage View Garage

Thats how it is Iaina,,,,  reverts back to default volume once ignition is off.  its not faulty.

On the hyundai sonata I used to have,,, you could set the default start up volume,,, but ,,,,sadly not with the Dacia ,

Mine is the medianav.

• Agree x 1

iaina

iaina

• 7 posts
  • LocationBirmingham

Thank you all for your replies.

i will just put this down as a Daciaism. Apart from this and my initial headlight issues it is a great and economical car. which is much admired by my work colleague, especially when i tell them what it cost :D .

Regards IainA

• Agree x 1

yorkshirejohn

yorkshirejohn

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationSat in Kitchen.
  • Vehicle Driven:Mitzi FTO...+ ..65 plate, stepway laureate,pearl black, diesel
Garage View Garage

glad you like it.

which radio is it by the way ?

1672Mark

1672Mark

• 3 posts
  • LocationAkbuk/Aydin/Turkey
  • Vehicle Driven:2015 Dacia Duster Laureate (TR spec)

A bit late out of the stalls, but I asked the dealer/workshop in 2016 (I have a 2015 model Duster Laureate, Turkish spec, with std media centre) and they said it was an EU market requirement (car built in Romania), which put the onus on the driver to increase the volume level from the default of level '15' at the start of every journey.  Maybe the car's control software is 'failsafe' to level 15 so the driver can be blamed for missing any external warning sounds in the event of an accident, or for making him/herself deaf????

Roger

Roger

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 3877 posts
  • LocationDudley, West Midlands. UK
  • Vehicle Driven:2013 (63) Sandero Stepway Laureate dCi 90 in Azurite Blue. Supplied with a full size 5 spoke spare wheel & tyre with a 80 km/h sticker ! Now driving with a permanently lit dashboard !
  • My Fuel Logs
    Average MPG: 50.371

A bit late out of the stalls, but I asked the dealer/workshop in 2016 (I have a 2015 model Duster Laureate, Turkish spec, with std media centre) and they said it was an EU market requirement (car built in Romania), which put the onus on the driver to increase the volume level from the default of level '15' at the start of every journey.  Maybe the car's control software is 'failsafe' to level 15 so the driver can be blamed for missing any external warning sounds in the event of an accident, or for making him/herself deaf????

Or damaging the speakers, if the volume left in a high position, at switch on ! wink.png

My Stepway ? I'm lovin' it !! :D  :D 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Radio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users