• Please log in to reply
3636 replies to this topic

TonyTheHat

TonyTheHat

Advanced Member

• 324 posts
  • LocationKent
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster Laureate 4x4 Mariana Blue
Think you will have a damn fine looking motor at a price no one else can beat!

Good choice!

I would be judged by my soul - the mind is the measure of the man:- unless I'm driving my Duster

Nick

Nick

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1084 posts
  • LocationHertfordshire
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster
  • My Fuel Logs
    Average MPG: 44.394
Garage View Garage Contributor
Top man!!

Have you found DaciaForum.co.uk useful? If so, you can help us by:

Leaving a review of your Dacia: Duster - Sandero - Stepway - Logan - Lodgy

Rate your Dacia Dealership Experience by clicking here

Add your location to our worldwide Dacia Owners Map!

Want a DaciaForum.co.uk sticker? Click Here!

Do The Maths and Save Money by Becoming a Premium Member!

Ulpian

Ulpian

• Members
  • 14 posts
I've just driven a German 4x4 Laureate with the protection pack. Only a few minutes, in the rain, and never getting above thirty mph.

I have to say I was impressed. I didn't much like the faux leather seats, but apart from that it was a very smart place to be, even with the 'continental' dashboard. In fact it felt like just fine, with none of the horrid fake silver finishing or ghetto blaster styling you get inside some cars: Fords I mean: ugh :angry: No, the Duster is a very smart place to be. The driving position was very good, and it was quiet, in fact I wasn't sure which engine it had. (Diesel).

I can't comment on the driving other than to say there were no problems and the gearbox was excellent. It did feel very sluggish from a standstill, and the A pillar on my side seemed very insistant. I also have to say that the steering felt numb and a bit low geared - lots of turning needed when turning left for example.

I have already cancelled an order for a 2x4 Laureate because I refused to sign without a test drive. My suspicion is that the 2x4 will be quicker from a standstill and obviously more economical and cheaper to tax, but no spare wheel: Bad Dacia, every other market gets the option of one and it is standard in India where this thing is made :angry: :angry:

I'm holding off until I have driven the Panda Trekking. The two cars cost about the same, and although the Panda is small it is great fun to drive, at leat the standard TA (Twinair) version is. It is a little scamp of a car that takes off like a rocket and has that delightful quick-whitted Fiat steering with only 2.5 turns form lock to lock: joy :) .

Of course, the Stepway comes next year too, so....?

I don't need 4x4, but I do want a good ride height, both for ground clearance and for easy access and visibility.

It's a threeway race at the moment between the two Dacias and the Panda Trekking. I have no idea which way I'll jump, but I'll probably decide after I've had a look at the Stepway and seen how Renault places the pedals in these cars. The Indians haven't complained about lack of foot space, but the pedals are definitely more cramped up in the RHD version.

But to conclude, the Duster is not a cheap feeling car, but then at @£14,000 it isn't a cheap car so it shouldn't feel cheap.

smurfcymru

smurfcymru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts
Garage View Garage
Having already got 4 Renault in the family, my wife offered a dci ambience to replace her megane cc which grandchildren have made no longer practical. The Renault diesel engines are great. A new scenic with virtually the same size and engine was almost twice as much so the duster was a no brainer. Saw several in Greece last summer from various countries the same week as the UK pre launch and they looked great. Just wish it would arrive sooner. Was impressed at dealer when opening bonnet to see Renault name on top of engine. hurry up!

Ulpian

Ulpian

• Members
  • 14 posts
But do drive one first; this is important!

sparkydave

sparkydave

• Members
  • 11 posts
H,i Good News for all waiting for a Duster,Just been e-mailed delivery date of 20th Jan for my Laureate dci 110 4x4,Argentum Silver.Have also included on my order Touring pack and Styling Pack. I pre ordered car in July last year and was given order date of 7th Jan so pretty good so far! Can't wait to test drive and wll let you know how i go on as i need to part exchange a Vauxhall Zafira 1.9cdti 09 plate to secure the deal i want. Good luck with your orders,looks a good deal all round whichever model you choose as i see it.
  • Like x 1

Nick

Nick

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1084 posts
  • LocationHertfordshire
  • My Fuel Logs
Brilliant news! Let us know what it's like!

TonyTheHat

TonyTheHat

Advanced Member

• 324 posts
  • LocationKent
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster Laureate 4x4 Mariana Blue
Just been playing with the configurator.

If you go through the process with, say, an ambience, the final picture shows it with the protection pack on it, without selecting the protection pack.

Did it always do that or has there been another change?

Wishful thinking???

I would be judged by my soul - the mind is the measure of the man:- unless I'm driving my Duster

Cucrodh

Cucrodh

Advanced Member

• 161 posts
  • LocationDumfries and Galloway
I have spoken to Brigitte Hondius, Customer Support Manager at Renault who tells me that no one will get a Duster before March ~ can anyone who has been offered a January delivery date (I had previously had a delivery date of 10th January) confirm that they are definitely receiving a car then? Thank you so much :-)

Nick

Nick

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1084 posts
  • LocationHertfordshire
  • My Fuel Logs
2dusterchris is testing his tomorrow, it arrives at the dealership today.

Cucrodh

Cucrodh

Advanced Member

• 161 posts

2dusterchris is testing his tomorrow, it arrives at the dealership today.

You don't by any chance know which part of the UK he is in? I would like to know this before I phone Ms Hondius and ask her why she either is unaware of the situation or is being economical with the truth.
  • Like x 1

Redforce

Redforce

Formally "2Dusterschris"

• Premium Member
  • 363 posts
  • LocationUphill, Weston super Mare
  • Vehicle Driven:Cinder Red Logan MCV TCe90 Ambiance

You don't by any chance know which part of the UK he is in? I would like to know this before I phone Ms Hondius and ask her why she either is unaware of the situation or is being economical with the truth.

I'm in Sunderland. My dealer is 6.6 miles from The Port of Tyne which is where the Dusters were shipped into from India on 21/12/2012.
Formally "2Dusterschris"

Cucrodh

Cucrodh

Advanced Member

• 161 posts

I'm in Sunderland. My dealer is 6.6 miles from The Port of Tyne which is where the Dusters were shipped into from India on 21/12/2012.

Many thanks for this. I have been very disappointed with the lack of communication from Dacia and the dealership in Carlisle.

I hope you like the car when you get the chance to drive it tomorrow, Chris, and look forward to hearing what you have to say :-)

sparkydave

sparkydave

• Members
  • 11 posts
I have spoken to my dealer in Sheffield today about my e-mailed delivery date from Dacia of 20th Jan.He knows nothing about it! And has not been notified of any such arrival.I wonder if it will transpire. Will wait with baited breath. I'll let you be the first to know.
  • Like x 1

Cucrodh

Cucrodh

Advanced Member

• 161 posts
I will let you know what the Renault Customer Services Manager has to say when she comes back to me, she is off super sleuthing at this moment. She is still saying that currently she has had no update beyond the fact that no Dacias will be available until March.......watch this space!

badboyardy

badboyardy

Advanced Member

• 178 posts
To be honest this is what Renault customer services told me when I chased any delivery date prior to Christmas - it really does seem very poorly planned launch considering the great PR and awards they have built up.

If as confirmed a shipment has arrived at Port of Tyne - what needs to be done in 2 months before they actually deliver the cars to dealerships? Assume some Quality control /checks done this side of India but 2 months really takes the biscuit. :angry:

Nick

Nick

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1084 posts
  • LocationHertfordshire
  • My Fuel Logs
Agreed, unless it's arrived half built, 2 months is a pretty long PDI!

Marty004

Marty004

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationIreland
Hi Guys,

First posting and not to be too negative as really looking forward to getting my hands on the Duster (if they haven't kicked themselves in the teeth by then! :huh: )

We are having the same issues here in Ireland with the lack (I really mean "zero") of communication and uncertainty of delivery dates. In October I was told end of Jan, In Nov told start of Feb, In Jan told end of Feb, yesterday told mid to end of March but will defo have it by April!! What to believe!)

Someone somewhere along the line is not doing their PR jobs very well and I already know of 4 or 5 people that have cancelled their orders in my town and supposedly many more according to my dealer and certain sites due to lack and honesty of information. The dealers are just as frustrated as we are so I don't fully blame them although they could be more up front with us.

I personally feel if people were given an honest update by Dacia rather than stringing people along and buyers constantly having to contact their dealers to get updates (like we have to do over here) it would certainly be helpful. I know a lady who is expecting her 3rd child and was told in Nov she was still on schedule for Jan date and when her husband rang after Christmas to ask when could they pick it up they told her that her car wouldn't be here until Mid March! That is disgraceful stuff and I'm just worried about their lack of respect for customers in UK/Ireland that you think they would be doing everything in their power to get this right or at least give us an incentive to hang in there if major delays!

I really hope 2dusterchris gets his Duster tomorrow (and writes up a review asap) as I am very much looking forward to a positive Dacia story to get the excitement back and not be wondering if I should cancel and go for something else!

No pressure 2dusterchris!! :P I just hope you get it as promised!

Proud owner of my Duster Signature (aka Laureate) 4x2 in Black (Order Date - Sept 2012, Collected - April 16th 4:44pm)

badboyardy

badboyardy

Advanced Member

• 178 posts
It doesn't bode well - if customers in Ireland are still waiting for theirs when their launch date was months before UK - and if they are still waiting then I can see our delivery dates slipping further and further away. Assume you have actually seen some driving around in Ireland?

Marty004

Marty004

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationIreland

It doesn't bode well - if customers in Ireland are still waiting for theirs when their launch date was months before UK - and if they are still waiting then I can see our delivery dates slipping further and further away. Assume you have actually seen some driving around in Ireland?

Hey badboyardy,
None on the roads here yet I'm afraid which must be very frustrating for those that bought in June/July.

Supposedly a handful (remains to be seen) arriving to each dealer at the end of this month but most people who pre-ordered before October being promised mid to end of March. So going by that if you ordered post Oct you wont get anything until at least July!

Come on Dacia get your UK/Ireland act together pronto!! :P

Proud owner of my Duster Signature (aka Laureate) 4x2 in Black (Order Date - Sept 2012, Collected - April 16th 4:44pm)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dacia duster, preorder

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users