View All Updates

Photo

Media Nav

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

ma11an

ma11an

• 4 posts
One day all the radio settings disappeared, the media nav and map sections do not work (clicking agree doesn’t work) and all my Bluetooth devices disappeared. Looked up google. Turns out to update the software I would need a fingerprint - which I cannot get because clicking on the nav agree button doesn’t work. Been trying to get into test menu. Got in once but cannot get in again after many attempts. Out of warranty and would like to fix this cheaply. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roger

Roger

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 3940 posts
  • LocationDudley, West Midlands. UK
  • Vehicle Driven:2013 (63) Sandero Stepway Laureate dCi 90 in Azurite Blue. Supplied with a full size 5 spoke spare wheel & tyre with a 80 km/h sticker ! Now driving with a permanently lit dashboard !
  • My Fuel Logs
    Average MPG: 50.23

One day all the radio settings disappeared, the media nav and map sections do not work (clicking agree doesn’t work) and all my Bluetooth devices disappeared. Looked up google. Turns out to update the software I would need a fingerprint - which I cannot get because clicking on the nav agree button doesn’t work. Been trying to get into test menu. Got in once but cannot get in again after many attempts. Out of warranty and would like to fix this cheaply. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

Welcome to the forum,ma11an, ;)

Have you tried removing the power feed, then re-powering up again ?  :o

My Stepway ? I'm lovin' it !! :D  :D 

ma11an

ma11an

• 4 posts

Welcome to the forum,ma11an, ;)

Thanks very much.
Have you tried removing the power feed, then re-powering up again ? :o

No. I did start to take the front panel off but got distracted by my 2 year old girl and haven’t had a chance to go back to it. I remember I was trying to see how to take it fully apart. I will have another look.

Quick question- when taking it apart and pulling wires - obviously engine will be off - but is there anything I need to do before just pulling into the fascia to pull the electric wires?

ma11an

ma11an

• 4 posts

No. I did start to take the front panel off but got distracted by my 2 year old girl and haven’t had a chance to go back to it. I remember I was trying to see how to take it fully apart. I will have another look.

Quick question- when taking it apart and pulling wires - obviously engine will be off - but is there anything I need to do before just pulling into the fascia to pull the electric wires?

I’m presuming the power feed is only accessible from the rear - behind the Nav.

dgc

dgc

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 1356 posts
  • LocationLea Valley
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster '13 1.5dci 4x2 Stepway '14 1.5dci both Laurettes
Garage View Garage

Have a look on youtube there are plenty of videos showing how to remove the Media Nav fitted to both the Dusters and Stepways, I changed the radio on my Duster from a cd player / radio to a Media Nav in less than 20 minutes. In each case once the surround has been removed the Media Nav will come out without any problem drawing with it the cables that are plugged in the back. 

Roger

Roger

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 3940 posts
  • LocationDudley, West Midlands. UK
  • Vehicle Driven:2013 (63) Sandero Stepway Laureate dCi 90 in Azurite Blue. Supplied with a full size 5 spoke spare wheel & tyre with a 80 km/h sticker ! Now driving with a permanently lit dashboard !
  • My Fuel Logs
    Average MPG: 50.23

16/01/2021

Just to let everybody know that the latest map up-date 9.4 is available from your MediaNav Tool box @ €64 for UK & Ireland. For Western Europe it's €109. Don't forget that it's free within 90 days of first registration of your car. icon_e_wink.gif

My Stepway ? I'm lovin' it !! :D  :D 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users