POLL - Bodywork/Paint Issues - Forum Member Survey - Page 2 - Dacia Duster Forum - Dacia Forum

News Feed

View All Updates

Photo

POLL - Bodywork/Paint Issues - Forum Member Survey

Rust; Duster; Paint; Bodywork

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Poll: Bodywork/Paint Issues - Survey (77 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you have paint/bodywork issues?

1. Yes (50 votes [64.94%])

Percentage of vote: 64.94%

2. None (27 votes [35.06%])

Percentage of vote: 35.06%

3. Haven't looked (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Would you be prepared to provide details of your vehicle (including its VIN) and problems experienced for Survey Stage 2?

1. Yes (62 votes [80.52%])

Percentage of vote: 80.52%

2. No (15 votes [19.48%])

Percentage of vote: 19.48%

Vote Guests cannot vote

arob.wk

arob.wk

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 1374 posts
  • LocationKernow (some say it's in England!)
  • Vehicle Driven:Fluffs - a some-times white 2013 diesel Duster Laur' 4WD with ESC.

I note 19x 'haves'/13x 'not haves' today - percentages on just 32 votes probably doesn't indicate too much.  Good to see votes creeping up on both counts though.  

luxluther40

luxluther40

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationNewbury
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster Laureate 4 x 4 with ESC, Pro Pack and BLUESPARK Tuning Module. Suzuki GSR600.

Are those patches on body seams by any chance lux'?  Do keep an eye on if that is the case:  The "primer" coat is just as adverse to sharp edges as the top coat is.  Chances are both will be thin, but hopefully not on yours!

If you haven't already, make sure to vote:  thin paint counts - you don't have to have rust.

The thin patches of paint are on the bonnet and passenger door. There is rust appearing along the edges of the metal in the engine bay. I have given up on the dealer for now and am awaiting a call from Dacia customer relations to see if they can shed any light on the issue.

Bang

Bang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 269 posts
  • LocationScotland
  • Vehicle Driven:No longer a Rusty Duster owner
  • My Fuel Logs
    Average MPG:
My bonnet the same. I've had a paint coverage measurement machine sourced by the dealer used on mines at Dacia's request. Awaiting feedback from then still though. Rust in engine bay too. Just noticed rust inside the petrol compartment today which is another common place for it

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App
  • Like x 1

arob.wk

arob.wk

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 1374 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Fluffs - a some-times white 2013 diesel Duster Laur' 4WD with ESC.

My bonnet the same. I've had a paint coverage measurement machine sourced by the dealer used on mines at Dacia's request. Awaiting feedback from then still though. Rust in engine bay too. Just noticed rust inside the petrol compartment today which is another common place for it

We'll all be waiting for your paint coverage test (at Dacia request eh?).  Well some of us will be :)

luxluther40

luxluther40

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationNewbury
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster Laureate 4 x 4 with ESC, Pro Pack and BLUESPARK Tuning Module. Suzuki GSR600.

We'll all be waiting for your paint coverage test (at Dacia request eh?).  Well some of us will be :)

If the test ever materialises. I am losing the will to live with the situation. No call back from Dacia customer relations so going to have to pay the dealer another visit. I was pretty excited about getting the Duster before I bought it but the experience has now been somewhat 'tarnished' :(

Bang

Bang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 269 posts
  • LocationScotland
  • My Fuel Logs
    Average MPG:
Snap. Just noticed more spots washing it there I'm sure. Away to phone independent garage to check it over. I've fell it with my dealer and my Dacia manager is off sick! Probably stress

• Funny x 1

TruBrit

TruBrit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • LocationOn the coast of County Durham
  • Vehicle Driven:Rejected 'GENERAL RUSTER' Duster Laureate dCi 110 4x2

Snap. Just noticed more spots washing it there I'm sure. Away to phone independent garage to check it over. I've fell it with my dealer and my Dacia manager is off sick! Probably stress

Sounds familiar.

Rejected 'GENERAL RUSTER'  Duster 4x2 Argentum Silver Laureate with ESC/ASR + Protection Pack.

Behind the wheel from 11th October 2013 to May 2014.

luxluther40

luxluther40

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationNewbury

IMG_3552.jpg IMG_3553.jpg IMG_3554.jpg IMG_3555.jpg IMG_3556.jpg IMG_3557.jpg IMG_3558.jpg IMG_3559.jpg

Sounds familiar.

Result (I hope). Had a call back from DACIA Customer Relations and they have taken control of the situation. Photos submitted of rust.

• Useful x 1

Bang

Bang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 269 posts
  • LocationScotland
  • My Fuel Logs
    Average MPG:

According to my dealer today the spots I'm seeing orangey/yellowey rust looking can't be rust as they're on the bumpers and they're plastic sooo?! But what he doesn't know.  They do seem to polish/scratch remover off but still! He's taken photos.  He does agree if rust in my petrol cap. 

arob.wk

arob.wk

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 1374 posts

According to my dealer today the spots I'm seeing orangey/yellowey rust looking can't be rust as they're on the bumpers and they're plastic sooo?! But what he doesn't know.  They do seem to polish/scratch remover off but still! He's taken photos.  He does agree if rust in my petrol cap. 

Rust on "components" versus painted body members:  ya gotta expect rust on many components (just apply some "spray" on the former).  Otherwise, more useful pics. 

Bang

Bang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 269 posts
  • LocationScotland
  • My Fuel Logs
    Average MPG:
This is the wings too. Spots don't photo well

Countryman

Countryman

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationWarwickshire
  • Vehicle Driven:Dacia Duster 4x4 Laurette

repeated from other post

frontinnerwingoffside_zps622ff809.jpg?t=

frontdriversdoorcill_zps722a9410.jpg?t=1

childlockreardooroffside_zps9dcab5b3.jpg

frontinnerwingnearside_zps3da3451e.jpg?t

luxluther40

luxluther40

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationNewbury

Rust on "components" versus painted body members:  ya gotta expect rust on many components (just apply some "spray" on the former).  Otherwise, more useful pics. 

Agree to a point but I had a Honda Jazz for 10 years which didn't exhibit any corrosion of engine component parts under the bonnet. My Duster has only done 5,000 miles!

Countryman

Countryman

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationWarwickshire
  • Vehicle Driven:Dacia Duster 4x4 Laurette

Are those patches on body seams by any chance lux'?  Do keep an eye on if that is the case:  The "primer" coat is just as adverse to sharp edges as the top coat is.  Chances are both will be thin, but hopefully not on yours!

If you haven't already, make sure to vote:  thin paint counts - you don't have to have rust.

I reported paintwork issues to my dealer back at the end of January. Photos were taken by the dealer and submitted for a claim under warranty. It is now the beginning of April and I've heard nothing. Doesn't seem like they are in any particular rush to resolve the issue.

My issues are mainly with substandard patches of coverage with the white paint where the priming coat is visible through the top coat.

No real (visible) rust issues yet but judging by this poll could there be a subliminal message in the word 'Duster' in the form of an anagram of 'Rusted'?

I had exactly the same problem reported in January. same thing I had photographs taken "we will be in touch to book it in" then nothing. hence now have gone to Dacia. First new car I have ever had and now regretting it. Such a shame as the car is potentially a good vehicle. It shouldn't have such a basic QC problem in this day and age! Fiat got over this issue years ago, so a new build factory in India should be using the latest build techniques for gods sake!

roubiliac

roubiliac

• Members
  • 26 posts
Got my silver ambiance back this week after having two spots of rust on the door A frame sorted.
Have to say Lookers, Stockport have been terrific throughout. Courtesy car provided and the Duster was delivered back to my home on a flat bed.
  • Like x 1

luxluther40

luxluther40

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationNewbury

I had exactly the same problem reported in January. same thing I had photographs taken "we will be in touch to book it in" then nothing. hence now have gone to Dacia. First new car I have ever had and now regretting it. Such a shame as the car is potentially a good vehicle. It shouldn't have such a basic QC problem in this day and age! Fiat got over this issue years ago, so a new build factory in India should be using the latest build techniques for gods sake!

Yep, same here. First brand new car and a bit disappointed. Thought I was getting a good car for £16K but now not so sure. Dealer was supposed to contact me today without fail but still nothing. Going to give it until Friday and then I will be back on to Dacia with a vengeance!

Probably the first and last Dacia I will ever buy thanks to poor customer service from Renault.

As you said, shouldn't be happening in this day and age.

ste550

ste550

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • LocationRossendale
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster Ambience, YamahaV-max

Hi there, I was unlucky enough to get my duster after the Sahara sandstorm, when I picked it up it was covered in the stuff so got offered a free valet which I took.

Was a nice sunny weekend last week so I decided to clean it myself and get it gleaming (blue/ black metallic). So out with the hose to swill it down, then the brush on the hose to get in the nooks, followed by a turtle wax soapy wash and then a shammy down.

Scratches on the passenger door and as the sun shone down on it, revealing doors, bonnet, back arches all scratched finely on the clear coat.

Going in next week for a repolish to remove the fine scratches.

I really didn't need this, God knows the paints thin enough without it being made even thinner.

No complaints on the car itself though. ( Ambience 4x4).

• Like x 1

luxluther40

luxluther40

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationNewbury

Rumour has it that apparently the press have grabbed on to this issue and a Scottish newspaper are investigating.

I feel that this may open a whole can of worms and the gun will be pointing directly at existing owners' feet. If news gets out and the reputation of Dacia and Dusters gets dragged through the brown stuff then the chances of us being able to sell our vehicles on, whether sorted out under warranty or not, will be near impossible.

Not sure this is really beneficial to the cause.

I am as frustrated as many others and am still waiting for the paint/rust issues to be sorted out despite the claim going in at the end of January. However, I'm pretty sure that press coverage on this matter will not speed things up or address the issues raised in a satisfactory manner.

What does everyone else think?

Bang

Bang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 269 posts
  • LocationScotland
  • My Fuel Logs
    Average MPG:
The bad news is already well out there and we're struggling to sell mate. I know it's frustrating. Even fixing under warranty I bet you we've still a rusty car as such! A recall is needed but it's probably too late and if they're just painting over it really then still pointless anyway! Dealers don't want them already and the industry is in the know...

Jay Duster

Jay Duster

Advanced Member

• 309 posts
  • LocationWrexham, north Wales
  • Vehicle Driven:Silvery silver Duster Laureate 4x4
Garage View Garage

I have to report that apart from one small spot of rust where the alarm switch was fitted I have had no problems with the paint finash at all.

• Like x 3

Dacia Duster 4x4 1.5TDI 110CV Laureate, Argentum Silver, Adventure Pack, Protection Pack known as "Dasher" :)

Today is the tomorrow you spent so much time worrying about yesterday, and all is well - so why worry? :huh: :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users