7 year old duster written off for rust - Page 2 - Dacia Duster Forum - Dacia Forum

News Feed

View All Updates

Photo

7 year old duster written off for rust

Rust Duster

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Daedalus

Daedalus

Advanced Member

• 1443 posts
  • LocationSheffield
  • Vehicle Driven:2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2

The rust problem was only with a few Indian Dusters that apparently missed part of the paint process.

You can not identify Indian Dusters by the VIN as they have Romania as country of origin. This is perfectly normal apparently in VIN numbering by car manufacturers.

Production was moved to Romania in '14

If your paint work is good after 7 years there is no need to worry,

• Agree x 1

dgc

dgc

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 1218 posts
  • LocationLea Valley
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster '13 1.5dci 4x2 Stepway '14 1.5dci both Laurettes
Garage View Garage

The rust problem was only with a few Indian Dusters that apparently missed part of the paint process.

You can not identify Indian Dusters by the VIN as they have Romania as country of origin. This is perfectly normal apparently in VIN numbering by car manufacturers.

Production was moved to Romania in '14

If your paint work is good after 7 years there is no need to worry,

Mine is a 2013 Indian version, was picked up by Dacia and recalled for a free cavity wax job, externally the paintwork is still fine bar a few chips etc, did give bonnet frame another going over with Supertrol. As previous do check under the car every once in while but still OK.

Sent from my Power using Tapatalk

dgc

dgc

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 1218 posts
  • LocationLea Valley
Garage View Garage

Further to the previous prior to the free cavity wax job, the dealership / Dacia did offer to do a part-exchange deal stating it was an Indian build, but would not do like for like as mine although the Laurette had the MediaNav, DRL's, roof spoiler, stainless steel bumper protector and reversing sensors all of which are Dacia parts. Bit of a bugger as the saleman looked at the car whilst it was being serviced and then made the part-exchange offer otherwise parts may have been removed. I always thought it was the white cars that had the most problems. 

DMH20

DMH20

• 2 posts
  • LocationNorfolk
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster
Thanks for your reply. Will have good look at it underneath, the paintwork certainly looks ok.It passed it's mot last August with no mention of rust issues.

dgc

dgc

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 1218 posts
  • LocationLea Valley
Garage View Garage

Thanks for your reply. Will have good look at it underneath, the paintwork certainly looks ok.It passed it's mot last August with no mention of rust issues.

I went underneath with a black waxoil based underseal and touched up any missed areas prior to fitting the towbar. Then it was cavity waxed by Dacia, as previous I then check around with the Supertrol spray can ready.

Sent from my Power using Tapatalk

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rust, Duster

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users