WiperStepway wiring

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Bells

Bells

• 1 posts
  • LocationSouth wales
  • Vehicle Driven:Stepway
My rear wiper on Dacia Sandero 1.2 later Stepway year 2014 has stopped working, there is +12v and GND connection on the plug on the rear wiper unit but don’t know where other connections go because have no schematic or wiring diagrams for the car. We have checked all relays and fuses and all ok. Does anyone know where we can get Haynes like workshop manual for electrical diagrams please?

Daedalus

Daedalus

Advanced Member

• 1606 posts
  • LocationSheffield
  • Vehicle Driven:2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2

There are no wiring diagrams in the public domain. Haynes no longer produce manuals in the old sense as cars are so dependent on their electronics these days.

The rear wiper is controlled by one of the two relays in the passenger compartment fuse box, the other is the front wiper, I don't know which is which. Otherwise it is controlled by the UCH (Body Control Module ). Try switching on the front wiper and engage reverse gear and the rear wiper should sweep under the control of the UCH. If it doesn't it points to hopefully a faulty motor. I say hopefully as it will be far easier and probably cheaper to replace the motor than fault find the car's UCH and wiring. Have you tried connecting the motor directly to the battery or other 12 Volt source?

• Agree x 2

umekille

umekille

• 13 posts
  • Locationsweden umeå
  • Vehicle Driven:stepway 2013

same on my -13 stepway...12v+ and earth in the plug...but the center is only given 5v+

if i earth the engine from the plug with a wire and get it on the wash then it goes some

wipes but stays where the connection brakes...than I must Take the wire away and wait some

time and connect it then it will do the same again...a friend told me that it could be the inside

where the contacks gets so the wiper goes to the sleep/start location...But the wiperengine

is not easy to remove...it has no screws in the fitting and must be drilled out to get loose.

file.php?id=3003&t=1file.php?id=3002&t=1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WiperStepway, wiring

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users