• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

paulhipwood

paulhipwood

• 10 posts
  • LocationMidlands
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster

Dear All

This is what the underside of my daughters Duster look like, well it looked like this when she got it home. Its probably slightly muddy by now.

best regards

Paul

Attached Thumbnails

• Hinge points for cradle.jpeg
  • Hole for wheel lowering.jpeg

Redstu

Redstu

Advanced Member

• 47 posts
  • LocationIreland
  • Vehicle Driven:Dacia Duster Comfort 1.5 Diesel 115HP
Hi paulhipwood. Your daughters new Duster will be able to take the wheel cradle from the 2017 model i.e the Mark 1. Your new car being a petrol model will not have the annoying adblue tank that all diesels have thus preventing them from using the cage. The cage fits the 1.6 petrol duster Mark 2 model and I can see no reason why this will not be the case with your daughters car albeit the 1.3 model. Best of luck with it.

paulhipwood

paulhipwood

• 10 posts
  • LocationMidlands

Thanks for that, I have purchased one and I am ready to fit it. BUT daughter is spending all the time driving it and will not give me access until next weekend!!!!!

I need to get a spare wheel the alloys fitted are 215/60R17 with 5 stud.

I have been looking on ebay and there are plenty of wheels with 4 stud supposedly that fit a Duster. So to make sure can anyone tell me what the PCD of the 5 stud wheel is. My daughter does not live with us so I cannot look at it. Also what Renault vehicle are fitted with the same size wheels?

best regards

Paul

Seamaster

Seamaster

• 23 posts
  • LocationSummerisle
  • Vehicle Driven:TBC

I note on the current Duster configurator you can spec either a space saver or full size spare on most Duster variants. I wonder, is the space saver perhaps housed in a traditional tray?

s3dbw

s3dbw

Advanced Member

• 32 posts
  • LocationScotland

I note on the current Duster configurator you can spec either a space saver or full size spare on most Duster variants. I wonder, is the space saver perhaps housed in a traditional tray?

Nope, sits inside the boot in wheel well, has the very slight disadvantage of raising the boot floor slightly, about 20-25mm

• Like x 1

Seamaster

Seamaster

• 23 posts
  • LocationSummerisle
  • Vehicle Driven:TBC

But it’s not suspended underneath the car anymore?

s3dbw

s3dbw

Advanced Member

• 32 posts
  • LocationScotland

But it’s not suspended underneath the car anymore?

Nope, the space saver on the current generation models is inside the boot. If you want the full size spare then that is probably suspended from below as the internal wheel well is not deep enough

paulhipwood

paulhipwood

• 10 posts
  • LocationMidlands

I fitted a cradle that I purchased from www.allcarpartsfast.co.uk (dacia duster 4x2 spare wheel kit type 2).

Fitted easily enough.

My daughters car id a September 2019 and this has a flat boot floor, there is no wheel well.

dgc

dgc

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 1212 posts
  • LocationLea Valley
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster '13 1.5dci 4x2 Stepway '14 1.5dci both Laurettes
Garage View Garage

Great news, by the way for info the PCD is 5 x 114.3 would think you could get a 16" or 17" steel wheel as a spare as long as you maintain the rolling diameter. You could look on https://www.oponeo.co.ukif you cannot find a wheel elsewhere, also you could compare wheel sizes and offsets etc here. Here will compare wheel od's between the tyre profiles and wheel diameters https://www.oponeo.c...mentsCalculator

paulhipwood

paulhipwood

• 10 posts
  • LocationMidlands

Thanks for that.

I have found a Renault Scenic wheel and tyre but they have had three different hole patterns over the years. I am waiting for the man to confirm the dimensions.

dgc

dgc

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 1212 posts
  • LocationLea Valley
Garage View Garage

I think the Scenic Mk2 are 4 x 100 and the Scenic Mk3 / Mk4 are 5 x 114.3, my Mk2 was 4 hole as I have only just thrown out an old steel damaged rim beforee xmas, funny what one finds at the back of the garage when looking for something totally different.

paulhipwood

paulhipwood

• 10 posts
  • LocationMidlands

and I bet you did not find what you were looking for :-)

dgc

dgc

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 1212 posts
  • LocationLea Valley
Garage View Garage

and I bet you did not find what you were looking for :-)

No, still looking. might be in the loft.

Sent from my A5_Pro using Tapatalk

East coast cruiser

East coast cruiser

Advanced Member

• 158 posts
  • LocationGreat Driffield, East Yorkshire, England
  • Vehicle Driven:2020 Duster II Prestige 1.3 Tce -150 PS Asbo Orange!

I fitted a cradle that I purchased from www.allcarpartsfast.co.uk (dacia duster 4x2 spare wheel kit type 2).
Fitted easily enough.
My daughters car id a September 2019 and this has a flat boot floor, there is no wheel well.

@paulhipwood , did you get sorted with a wheel?

My 20 reg Duster 1.3 Tce Prestige didn't come with anything other than the pump kit, so interested in your tale. I too have the flat boot floor version.

I am not sure if you can get a 17" spare to fit that cage it it has to be a 16", do you know?

It seems from reading that a 16" would do as long as the rolling size is the same as my 17".

Where did you get the wheel if you got one?

Cheers.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

PaulDM

PaulDM

• 2 posts
  • LocationNW Hampshire
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster 1.0 TCE

I have just got the Spare Wheel Cradle from allcarpartsfast aka Endon Services and fitted it in minutes as all the posts suggest.

Car is  DUSTER ESSENTIAL TCE 4X2 PETROL, 2019.

The only issue that I have is that I still have a bit of foam left over. It has a part number, 77 03 080 111, is 40mm x 40mm x 95mm and is sticky on one of the long faces.

Where am I supposed to put it? Clean answers only please. 

dgc

dgc

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 1212 posts
  • LocationLea Valley
Garage View Garage

Depends if the OD of the 17" is the sane as the 16" as to if it will fit the cradle, regarding the foam block did you buy the jack, wheel spanner etc as well as there is a foam block with this group of parts.

PaulDM

PaulDM

• 2 posts
  • LocationNW Hampshire
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster 1.0 TCE

The wheel is 16" and seems to fit the cradle OK. I didn't get the jack and brace, but still got the foam block. The mystery deepens.

Redstu

Redstu

Advanced Member

• 47 posts
  • LocationIreland
  • Vehicle Driven:Dacia Duster Comfort 1.5 Diesel 115HP

I have'nt been around for a bit but despite what i said in previous posts,  I finally bit the bullet and bought the wheel winch for the Dacia Duster 2. I bought it as a kit from a helpful Dacia dealer in the Irish midlands. They offered to fit it for me but would have charged about 50 Euro. The bloke who sold it to me was dead sound and showed me how to and where to put everything. it took me about 2 and a half hours to fit on a Saturday morning but it is really only an hour job. The problem I encountered was that although it came with M8 Nuts to secure the wheel to the down threads, it had no bolts to secure the winch section. Everything is M8, bolts, washers. nuts etc. The bolts I purchased ended up being too long, and I shortened the gap with a couple of M8 washers. Although not the textbook way, months later I have had no problems. I am not a particularly skilled individual and would describe myself at best as a handyman, but I would encourage anyone with some skills to fit this item themselves. 

In the end I got a pain in my arse loading shopping and building supplies onto a full size spare wheel which was eating into 40% of my boot's real estate. All of the dealers were looking for 270 Euro for the winch kit on its own. In the end I found a dealer selling one for 200 Euro. I had to drive over 100km round trip for the deal but i saved overall. It has made a big difference to boot space and as a couple of other posters have said, the newer Duster's come with wheel wells. A vindication for all of us who said these wheel winches and lack of spare wheel storage is nonsense.

Why do people keep trying to reinvent the Wheel? (Excuse the pun) If the 21st century will be known for anything it will be known for people taking a good idea from the past and fucking it up! 

BeeJay

BeeJay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • LocationWest Yorkshire.
  • Vehicle Driven:Dacia Duster 1.5 Laureate 110 dCi 4x4

Whoa! I've read these posts through, but am flabbergasted, in fact my flabber has never been so gasted. Spare wheels not supplied, buy this, try that, get this winch, need a carrier? My 2013 Duster Laureate has a spare as std. If I was buying new again, the spare would be an essential fit, or walk away.

dgc

dgc

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 1212 posts
  • LocationLea Valley
Garage View Garage

Whoa! I've read these posts through, but am flabbergasted, in fact my flabber has never been so gasted. Spare wheels not supplied, buy this, try that, get this winch, need a carrier? My 2013 Duster Laureate has a spare as std. If I was buying new again, the spare would be an essential fit, or walk away.

My 2013 Duster Laurette did not come with a spare wheel or the carrier, brought them and fitted myself.

Sent from my Power using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users