Photo

Recall - June 2019

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Smileyk

Smileyk

• 8 posts
  • LocationSouth Wales

Has anyone heard about a recall on the 1.3 130 Duster?  We're going to see one tomorrow with a view to having it on Tuesday and apparently a colour blue recall has just come through (not urgent but we can't have it until it's fixed).  No idea what it is as it says that the fix is pending so we're hoping that we'll have more info on Monday.

Just curious if anyone else has heard anything?

Thanks,

dgc

dgc

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 1218 posts
  • LocationLea Valley
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster '13 1.5dci 4x2 Stepway '14 1.5dci both Laurettes
Garage View Garage

Try here, do not know what year your Duster is. https://www.check-ve...ar/2017/recalls

• Useful x 1

robtheplod

robtheplod

Advanced Member

• 33 posts
  • LocationNorfolk

not heard of this and nothing showing on the above link?

Smileyk

Smileyk

• 8 posts
  • LocationSouth Wales
Hi, it's a brand new Duster. They registered in today IMF confirmed that I can't have it tomorrow. Apparently there is a problem with an auxillary belt and is definitely all 1.3 130 sold in June. I've been told that no new cars will be released until fixed, new parts are being sent straight to dealers and cars sold before 14th June will be done first. So if you're waiting then you may wait longer! Letters will be sent to existing customers and dealers will be calling those pending pickup. Will be interesting to see what others hear. Dacia customer services didnt know but waiting on a call from another dept there who have more info - apparently!

Smileyk

Smileyk

• 8 posts
  • LocationSouth Wales
Ignore typo. IMF should say "and"

BT32

BT32

Advanced Member

• 44 posts
  • LocationGlasgow
  • Vehicle Driven:Sandero Stepway
Duster only?

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Smileyk

Smileyk

• 8 posts
  • LocationSouth Wales
As far as I know its specifically the 1.3 130 but info is a little vague!

robtheplod

robtheplod

Advanced Member

• 33 posts
  • LocationNorfolk

so not the 150 ?

Pickaxe

Pickaxe

Advanced Member

• 90 posts
  • LocationDroitwich, Worcestershire, UK
  • Vehicle Driven:Dacia Duster 1.3 Comfort 4x2

VoSA website search on our 1.3 Duster Comfort registered 24th April 2019:

There are no outstanding manufacturer's safety recalls for DACIA DUSTER COMFORT TCE 4X2 BV19*** 

lightening_fingers

lightening_fingers

Advanced Member

• 98 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster 2 comfort 1.5 blue tdi

VoSA website search on our 1.3 Duster Comfort registered 24th April 2019:

There are no outstanding manufacturer's safety recalls for
DACIA DUSTER COMFORT TCE 4X2 BV19***

Being an aux belt issue/recall, maybe not a “safety” recall?
  • Agree x 1

Smileyk

Smileyk

• 8 posts
  • LocationSouth Wales
Definitely an issue and affected cars are NOT being released from dealers. Nit sure about cars already out there. Anyway the latestauxiliary belt update for those waiting on new cars is that there is no stock of parts in the UK and they are trying to source them in France or somewhere. They are working on it but there is no timescale for parts or for completion and release of the cars. Logically someone knows if there are parts available or if they need to manufacture them! So frustrating!

Pickaxe

Pickaxe

Advanced Member

• 90 posts
Might not be safety related so no VoSA involvement
  • Agree x 1

Cjones0382412

Cjones0382412

• 1 posts
  • Locationswindon
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster 150
I have just had a call for a product enhancement (aka recall) on my 150 TCE prestige. Picked it up two weeks ago so looks like it is affecting the 150's too.

Don't seem to have any issues with parts as going in on Friday for the fix.

Smileyk

Smileyk

• 8 posts
  • LocationSouth Wales
Parts jow in apparently and I should have it tomorrow.

Smileyk

Smileyk

• 8 posts
  • LocationSouth Wales
*now*

kaikala

kaikala

• 2 posts
  • LocationGreece
  • Vehicle Driven:Dacia Duster 1.3 130 hp 2019

I had the same call from the dealer I bought my new 1.3 130hp. Aparrently there is a problem with a belt. Not a seat belt, so not a safety problem. It's a strap for the front part of the car that needs to be changed. The info was from the factory and they are not allowed to give any Duster before the strap is changed. So, the car will be here by tomorrow, but it won't be delivered to me untill they change it. And that will take some time before the new strap arrives here. And I was so excited... By the way, I ordered it on 12th of June.

Psyther

Psyther

• 1 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster 2019
SmileyK did you get your car ok? Still waiting for my car, ordered it 1st June, been sat on the dealers forecourt since 11th. Only message I get from them is "a couple more days" every 2 or 3 days.

kaikala

kaikala

• 2 posts
  • LocationGreece
  • Vehicle Driven:Dacia Duster 1.3 130 hp 2019

I didn't get it either. But it arrived on the dealer's yard. I went and saw it but it made it even worse lol. Now I am more excited and I can't get it... I had the same reply Psyther. ''Just a few more days, we are waiting for the strap and when it's replaced you can get it''...

Royale431

Royale431

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1365 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh
  • Vehicle Driven:2008 Kia Cee'd SW / Perforated 1998 Honda Civic 1.5i. When the latter finally gives up the ghost, a Sandero / Stepway is probably on-the-cards.
All those of you with cars sitting at the dealer's but unable to pick them up - I trust you haven't allowed the dealers to register them yet, as every day they sit there will be a day wasted on your warranty, insurance, MOT due date etc. In effect, your car when you finally receive it is equivalent to one of those pre-reg / ex demo cars sold at a discount by the big dealer groups. Which is fine as long as you're getting the benefit of said discount and not paying full list price....
  • Like x 1

PARENTAL ADVISORY: Balanced Content

Pickaxe

Pickaxe

Advanced Member

• 90 posts

All those of you with cars sitting at the dealer's but unable to pick them up - I trust you haven't allowed the dealers to register them yet, as every day they sit there will be a day wasted on your warranty, insurance, MOT due date etc. In effect, your car when you finally receive it is equivalent to one of those pre-reg / ex demo cars sold at a discount by the big dealer groups. Which is fine as long as you're getting the benefit of said discount and not paying full list price....

A slightly OTT statement. Just a few less miles on the clock.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users