• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Royale431

Royale431

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1365 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh
  • Vehicle Driven:2008 Kia Cee'd SW / Perforated 1998 Honda Civic 1.5i. When the latter finally gives up the ghost, a Sandero / Stepway is probably on-the-cards.

A slightly OTT statement.

Not at all.

If you're content to pay full list price fir a pre-reg, far be it from me to pass judgement. I am merely pointing out facts; what use individuals choose to make of them is entirely their own business.

PARENTAL ADVISORY: Balanced Content

Pickaxe

Pickaxe

Advanced Member

• 90 posts
  • LocationDroitwich, Worcestershire, UK
  • Vehicle Driven:Dacia Duster 1.3 Comfort 4x2

Not at all.

If you're content to pay full list price fir a pre-reg, far be it from me to pass judgement. I am merely pointing out facts; what use individuals choose to make of them is entirely their own business.

You're not actually pointing out the facts. A pre registered car has a previous keeper, and in this case the only keeper will be the initial owner/purchaser. Also, new vehicles are usually registered and taxed electronically when the vehicle is collected.

Royale431

Royale431

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1365 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh
  • Vehicle Driven:2008 Kia Cee'd SW / Perforated 1998 Honda Civic 1.5i. When the latter finally gives up the ghost, a Sandero / Stepway is probably on-the-cards.

You're not actually pointing out the facts. A pre registered car has a previous keeper, and in this case the only keeper will be the initial owner/purchaser. Also, new vehicles are usually registered and taxed electronically when the vehicle is collected.

And if that is indeed the case, then no loss has been incurred. But even outwith this, there have been documented instances of dealers persuading customers to allow them to register cars in advance of their collection - sometimes even before they have arrived at the premises! This is purely to allow dealers to massage monthly sales figures and offers absolutely no advantage to the customer; quite the reverse in fact. As soon as the vehicle is registered on the DVLA system, irrespective of whose name goes on the V5, from that date it must be taxed and insured, both of which cost money, and the countdown begins to its first MOT. Tick-tock.

As I said, if this affects you and you are happy to proceed down the road dictated by the dealer, then great. Others might be less pleased with having a clock ticking on a car they are unable to use, and they deserve to be made aware of the negatives of allowing themselves to be pushed down this route, so they can make their own minds up.

PARENTAL ADVISORY: Balanced Content

RobertE

RobertE

• 1 posts
  • LocationGlasgow
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster Techroad

HI,

Not sure if this is same belt but my Duster Techroad 1.3 (69 plate) had its first service today and this was on the report "Carried out manufacturer recall - Replaced accessory belt".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users