Window scratches on Duster

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Ajd2019

Ajd2019

• 1 posts
  • LocationFife
  • Vehicle Driven:Dacia duster
Has anyone found the front side windows of Dacia Duster comfort 2018 (or other model) to develop a vertical scratch from winding up/down?
Mine has developed this in the same location on both windows, and a relative's duster has same.
Dealership advise it doesn't appear to be mechanical, but I find the exactness of it hard to pass off.
I would very much like to hear if others have this problem?

dgc

dgc

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 1212 posts
  • LocationLea Valley
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster '13 1.5dci 4x2 Stepway '14 1.5dci both Laurettes
Garage View Garage

Had not had the problem, but I assume the scratch on the inside near the middle of the glass?

Superiorjet

Superiorjet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationBourne, Lincs
  • Vehicle Driven:Dacia Stepway Laurette dci 90 De-Stickered, Spare Wheel, Overmats, Boot Liner, Rubber Car Park Protecters on Sides & All 4 Corners, Roof Bars, Towbar Soon.!
On my sandero Stepway
The windscreen has scratches on it and loads of little chips,
front side windows all have terrible vertical scratches on them
Renault dealer said it’s soft glass. ?

hkn8998

hkn8998

• 2 posts
  • LocationBulgaria
  • Vehicle Driven:Dacia Duster 2

Hello I have the same problem as you. Few scratches , two of them deep on the driver's window. The scratches in my case got from dirt and pieces of sand or tiny piece of rock due to opening the window while the car was dirty. I have tried polishing and fixing it .. but I had no success,so I 've decided to change it.

carl88

carl88

• 1 posts
  • LocationSheffield
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster

I have the same problem on the front 2 windows since I bought it. I have raised it with the dealership, who cleaned it but it happened again a couple of weeks after. There are vertical scratches up both of the windows. The dealership said it was due to 'environmental impacts' so not covered under warranty. The next steps were to raise it with Dacia.

They said it was not covered under warranty, but will offer 50% towards the glass and seals replacement. The dealership also offered 25% towards the costs. However I refuse to pay nearly £200 to replace windows on a new car, when there is no guarantee that it won't happen again.

When the car went in for a service, I asked the independent garage to look at the issue. They said it was because the window seals are facing into the window, so any dirt gets collected and starts scratching the window. All the other makes and models of car he had in the garage at the time all had the seals facing away from the window to remove the dirt.

I escalated the case to the conciliation service, but as neither party would budge, it has remained deadlocked, even with the evidence from the independent garage.

I am now in the process of going through Small claims court to resolve the issue and claim the money for the full repair. 

It is interesting that I am not the only one having the issue. I will update with any progress.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users