Stepway Laureate 1.5 diesel 2017 Warning light on all the time - Stepway Electrical - Dacia Forum

News Feed

View All Updates

Photo

Stepway Laureate 1.5 diesel 2017 Warning light on all the time

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

JamesL

JamesL

• 4 posts
  • LocationUk
  • Vehicle Driven:Stepway laureat 1.5 2017

Hi,

If this Amber electrical warning light comes on and I’ve checked everything electrical I could be is there anything I can do before I have to get a garage to check ?

Can I reset the warning lists like I can the service warning light just to check it is a valid warning ?

Can I buy a reader if recommended to check the code to help point to the issue ? If so any recommendations on type or make ? Just for a rookie user nothing too involved.

Many thanks if you can provide a pointer ?

James.

Daedalus

Daedalus

Advanced Member

• 1607 posts
  • LocationSheffield
  • Vehicle Driven:2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2

It is most likely the 12K / 12 Month service light.

JamesL

JamesL

• 4 posts
  • LocationUk

Hi Daedalus,

thanks for your reply.

I had Kik Fit do a full service on it in Feb 2020 And I got them to extinguish the Service light at the time. 

is this maybe indicating that they maybe did not reset the service light properly maybe ?

I guess as they serviced it they could have a second look at it hopefully without scary charges.

many thanks,

james

Daedalus

Daedalus

Advanced Member

• 1607 posts
  • LocationSheffield
  • Vehicle Driven:2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2

Two people claim to have reset the light. See this post:

https://www.daciafor...-warning-light/

No one has since confirmed this. The other way is to use a OBD 2 dongle and ddt4all (link in above link ) or ecu-tweaker or PyRen/PyClip software. There are also android apps that c;aim to be able to do it but no one has confirmed this. I can not try as my car does not have the service warning.

JamesL

JamesL

• 4 posts
  • LocationUk

Thanks Daedalus .. v.much.  I’m a rookie so I’ll need to digest the info.

best

james.

JamesL

JamesL

• 4 posts
  • LocationUk

Hi. I had to get a diagnostic at kiwi fit and the electronic warning light was for a clutch sensor and so I’m going back to the dealer as it’s under warranty but I am going to look into a reader so thanks for your tips. This will avoid pricey work that I could do in seconds one day. Thanks Daedalus again.

my daughter saw the light come on after a clutch shudder attack climbing a slight hill in first .. classic stepway Dacia clutch hassle by all accounts as from what I’ve heard the clutches are scary sometimes.  I have a Sandero t90 also and same clutch issue in 2nd gear from a change from 1st gear. Same shocking shuddering clutch. 

It’s a shame Dacia don’t fess up and do something positive to resolve this. 

anyway the rest of the car is pretty decent and it’s a fight I’m sure I won’t win as they have too much at stake to fess up.

cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users