towing mirrors caravan

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Philchester

Philchester

• 1 posts
  • LocationCheshire
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster

Hi, I've a Duster and have a problem with my towing mirrors. I accept they weren't the most expensive (I've a tiny Eriba) but the issue I have is that above 50mph the wind resistance starts to fold back the main mirror towards the car. I end up losing all views..... I've tried placing a "wedge to stop the mirror folding but eventually this too fails and the mirrors go badly out of line, especially if driving into a head wind. I am happy to upgrade but the problem seems not to be with the towing mirrors as such, but with the strength of the spring on the Duster being too weak to withstand the increased wind resistance....anyone else had an issue?

Dinkum

Dinkum

• 2 posts
  • Locationcrewe
  • Vehicle Driven:dacia duster tce 1.0 bi-fuel

I should soon be towing our lightweight Elddis 302 and your comments caught my attention. I use Millenco Aero towing mirrors. Something to watch for and check out. Maybe a stabilising " strut" from the tow mirror to the door glass could help? A plastic rod with rubber foot or similar ??

I would be interested in how your Duster copes with towing. Mine is the tiny Tce 100 engine with LPG. Not towed with it yet. Elddis is 950Kg Max in running order

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: towing, mirrors, caravan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users