So rhat could be 2K with tarriffs Jan 1

• Like x 1

Jouefman

Jouefman

• 18 posts
  • LocationTyne and Wear
  • Vehicle Driven:Dacia Sandero Stepway Comfort 0.9 TCE and MGTF
Could well be!
We're getting our Stepway the end of October.
Could be one of the last of the old style to be shipped out?
Maybe that's why they threw some extras in? Arm rest, spare wheel, rear bumper guard and paint protection.

Daedalus

Daedalus

Advanced Member

• 1447 posts
  • LocationSheffield
  • Vehicle Driven:2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2

Yes that usually happens with end of the model. You should have tried for leather seats!

Royale431

Royale431

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1365 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh
  • Vehicle Driven:2008 Kia Cee'd SW / Perforated 1998 Honda Civic 1.5i. When the latter finally gives up the ghost, a Sandero / Stepway is probably on-the-cards.
https://youtu.be/1eQeTGY80Bk

https://youtu.be/9Vg5yBKmlc4

At first I thought the "media control" flap arrangement seemed a bizarre way of "cheaping-out..."

...until I thought about how often I use anything other than my phone for music / radio / satnav etc. It could actually turn out to be the perfect ICE solution, provided the Bluetooth performance and speaker quality are up to the job.

PARENTAL ADVISORY: Balanced Content

Royale431

Royale431

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1365 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh
  • Vehicle Driven:2008 Kia Cee'd SW / Perforated 1998 Honda Civic 1.5i. When the latter finally gives up the ghost, a Sandero / Stepway is probably on-the-cards.

So rhat could be 2K with tarriffs Jan 1

If not a a helluva lot more.

I think Brexit will affect Dacia in one of two ways. Either sales will surge as these same tariffs push mainstream brands out of the reach of everyday folk; or profit margins on RHD production will disappear and they'll pull out of the UK market.
  • Like x 1

Daedalus

Daedalus

Advanced Member

• 1447 posts
  • LocationSheffield
  • Vehicle Driven:2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2

Remember BMW and Mercedes have only ever sold their high spec cars in the UK. They are not as price sensitive as most are on lease or bought as tax deductible by limited liability companies and the self employed who pay themselves by dividends.

Jouefman

Jouefman

• 18 posts
  • LocationTyne and Wear
I live next to Nissan, and they're getting worried. Less than 50% of their parts are sourced/built within the EU or UK .
A lot of parts come from Japan and Turkey which means their cars are unlikely to be classed as being of EU/UK local origin post brexit. Regarding tarrifs this could put them in a very sticky position after January 1st.
UK car manufacturers have been warning government about this since 2016.
Therefore, with or without a deal, prices may well go up.
  • Agree x 1

HTP99

HTP99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 166 posts
New Sandero/Stepway won't be appearing until Spring 2021 in the UK, current Sandero/Stepway is expected to run out at somepoint in November 2020!
  • Like x 1

HTP99

HTP99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 166 posts

Could well be!
We're getting our Stepway the end of October.
Could be one of the last of the old style to be shipped out?
Maybe that's why they threw some extras in? Arm rest, spare wheel, rear bumper guard and paint protection.

If your dealer threw in all those bits for £nil, then they are idiots, good for you though!
  • Like x 1

Wolfin

Wolfin

• 11 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Vitara '16. Ex dacia '84 and '99.
There will be only gasoline engines. No more diesel.

3 engines..
Tce 90, tce 90 with cvt, tce 100 (+gpl???) And for pizza delivery....sce65 :).
Regarding media...aa and carplay ...bluetouh conection(cool) or by wire..depending on the model.

On low models you will use your mobile in media control. Offcorce...the data wiil be on dashbord between spedometer and rotation indicator.

The price in europe starting from 8-9k euros.

Jouefman

Jouefman

• 18 posts
  • LocationTyne and Wear

If your dealer threw in all those bits for £nil, then they are idiots, good for you though!

First time we've got any freebies in a car HTP99.

We've had 7 Volkswagens on the belt now and were fed up with the rising prices. And we had troubles with 2 of them.
You wouldn't believe it, but we got an 18 plate Beetle 1.2 new out of the box. It was one of the last ones built and was a car we had always wanted. It started rusting through after 3 months and after 6 months VW admitted defeat and scrapped it.
They gave us a new shape Polo 95 tsi as a replacement and it rattles like a pram.
So we have decided to get a Dacia, why pay for a car that costs a fortune and can just as easily go wrong when you can get one so much cheaper?

MrFlibble

MrFlibble

Advanced Member

• 641 posts
  • LocationBath
  • Vehicle Driven:Radish, rhubard, radical, Ribble Valley.
Dacia are being squeezed by MG at the moment, especially since the ZSEV and now the 5 estate is out with 0% finance its even more worrying.

MG won't have the same problems as Dacia, have built up a track record with EVs unlike Dacia snubbing it and offering a rebadged KZE snail mobile at some point next year.

certainly looking for a new estate and despite the local dealer trying to offer new deals, unless there's a sub 20k Dacia EV with decent range and CCS charging on the horizon I'll be making the switch too.

Shame as our Dacias have been bullet proof to date, and its an enjoyable ownership experience, but Dacia are coming across a mite King Canute about EVs with their LPG offering.
  • Agree x 1

Royale431

Royale431

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1365 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Dacia are being squeezed by MG at the moment, especially since the ZSEV and now the 5 estate is out with 0% finance its even more worrying.

certainly looking for a new estate and despite the local dealer trying to offer new deals, unless there's a sub 20k Dacia EV with decent range and CCS charging on the horizon I'll be making the switch too.

The MG 5 is appealing in its own right and certainly makes a compelling case as an EV, but IMO falls way short of what is needed from an estate car. No flat folding seats and a huge drop over the bumper with no movable floor. Practicality-wise, the ZS actually makes a better case.

https://youtu.be/ATDCODuczhk

MrFlibble

MrFlibble

Advanced Member

• 641 posts
  • LocationBath
Depends on what you use your estate for. Its a better proposition than the ZS in terms of performance, efficiency and range. The interior is also superior. Drive both and you'll notice the 5 is superior on motorways, in corners and is more of a drivers car.

Oh, and it charges quicker too.

Royale431

Royale431

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1365 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh
I concede I haven't driven either, but both definitely impress on the strength of reviews as offering unbeatable value in the EV sector. A full EV variant of the HS would nicely complete the set and, for me at least, answer the practicality issue. So far they've only committed to a PHEV.

MrFlibble

MrFlibble

Advanced Member

• 641 posts
  • LocationBath
I agree with that. Tested the HS (petrol) and the beautiful red leather interior and space, coupled with the gutsy 1.5 turbo makes it very attractive indeed. But next car has to be an EV, not a PHEV (no demonstrator for the PHEV anyhow).

Dacia Spring? Concept is pretty but its slow, tiny and range is last decade.
  • Agree x 1

Royale431

Royale431

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1365 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh
If it's indeed true this isn't going to be built, it's bordering on criminal IMO:

https://www.carscoop...mcv-wagon-form/

MrFlibble

MrFlibble

Advanced Member

• 641 posts
  • LocationBath
The rendering looks 👌.
  • Agree x 1

Royale431

Royale431

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1365 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

The rendering looks 👌.

It does indeed. Let's hope Dacia thinks so too, maybe someone will realise that that 5% of sales is something worth retaining after all.

HTP99

HTP99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 166 posts

It does indeed. Let's hope Dacia thinks so too, maybe someone will realise that that 5% of sales is something worth retaining after all.

Dacia is in business to make money, if the Logan doesn't make them money then I can totally understand why they have decided to no longer produce it.
  • Agree x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users