Scratch Repair

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Cutie33NI

Cutie33NI

• 2 posts
  • LocationNorthern Ireland
  • Vehicle Driven:Dacia Duster 2019

Car was parked outside house and came to find it with this lovely scratch. Not sure what caused it.

Been quoted £300 to fix it and they arent sure the textured part will come up right on it.

Dont have nearly a weeks wages to spend on this right now, anything else that might help? 

Attached Thumbnails

• photo_2021-04-12_12-22-34.jpg

East coast cruiser

East coast cruiser

Advanced Member

• 185 posts
  • LocationGreat Driffield, East Yorkshire, England
  • Vehicle Driven:2020 Duster II Prestige 1.3 Tce -150 PS Asbo Orange!

Car was parked outside house and came to find it with this lovely scratch. Not sure what caused it.

Been quoted £300 to fix it and they arent sure the textured part will come up right on it.

Dont have nearly a weeks wages to spend on this right now, anything else that might help?

See if you have a local paintless dent guy.
My wife's Astra got trolley'd in TESCO Hull and it looked like yours, our dent guy polished it out, it was unbelievable! I had also had a quote for £300+ from a paint shop.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

dgc

dgc

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 1356 posts
  • LocationLea Valley
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster '13 1.5dci 4x2 Stepway '14 1.5dci both Laurettes
Garage View Garage

T-cut may polish a lot of it out and improve the look, but it looks from the photo some of the marks may be too deep and have perhaps gone thro' the clear coat down to the paint underneath. Do not use T-cut on the plastic trim.

Karl_Hunt

Karl_Hunt

Advanced Member

• 87 posts
G10 Scratch remover will polish them to a point where they are barely noticeable.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Royale431

Royale431

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1387 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh
  • Vehicle Driven:2008 Kia Cee'd SW / Perforated 1998 Honda Civic 1.5i. When the latter finally gives up the ghost, a Sandero / Stepway is probably on-the-cards.
Look for a 'SMART' repairer in your area, e.g. Dentmaster, Chipsaway etc and see what they have to say about it. They can probably assess it from your photo.

PARENTAL ADVISORY: Balanced Content

Karl_Hunt

Karl_Hunt

Advanced Member

• 87 posts

Look for a 'SMART' repairer in your area, e.g. Dentmaster, Chipsaway etc and see what they have to say about it. They can probably assess it from your photo.

Yeah smart repair will take it back to new. I had a bumper repaired and re-sprayed for £250 that the dealer quoted £1200 for on my old Peugeot.

Technically though getting a smart repair done voids your body/ paint warranty.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users