• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

rich3g

rich3g

• 2 posts
  • LocationOxfordshire
  • Vehicle Driven:Dacia Duster

Hi

I've had 'Dusty' from new in 2013 & aside from the early paint recall had no issues (uh oh!).

Until now . .

Key started to not turn occasionally, despite usual wheel jiggling & is pretty much all the time now.

When inserted , there is quite a bit of 'play' i.e the barrel with key in moves forward and back about 0.5 cm so I thought maybe barrel has come loose.

I tried another key and voila, turns no problem. So it appears the original key may be worn.

The question I have is , is that 'play' in the barrel normal ? . . . i.e. is there still an issue that needs attention ?

Any feedback much appreciated!

Thanks

Richard

Manalive

Manalive

• 2 posts
  • LocationDurham
  • Vehicle Driven:Duster ambiance
Does your key work in door locks as non of mine operate with key

rich3g

rich3g

• 2 posts
  • LocationOxfordshire
  • Vehicle Driven:Dacia Duster

Hi Manalive - just tried that, bit gunged up I think , old and spare key just about turned & inside pop-up moved reluctantly up but central locking didn't kick in. I haven't used a physical key in the doors for 8 years, always use remote. Probably needs a bit of WD40 at least :-) 

Does you your ignition key move forward and back with the ignition key barrel when inserted i.e. not a turning movement, just a push pull movement like the main-beam stick). I can't remember if it's always done that so wanted to check with another duster owner.

Thanks for any feedback on that

Rich   

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: duster, key, barrel, ignition

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users