UK Dacia Forum banner

Windsceen washer problem

20K views 38 replies 16 participants last post by  Gullysybot07 
#1 ·
I've noticed that there seems to be a few seconds delay when operating the washer stalk on front screen and rear also. It is as though the water has drained back down the pipes. Is there a one way valve in the pump or tubing that should stop it, or are they all like it? Jets are clear, and water level is correct.

#4 ·
Hi guys, since having my duster back it seems there is a problem with the washers barely working. I originally thought they were empty but when I went to fill it the reservoir was full. Next thought was maybe ice but blew back down the pipe and all clear. I guess it's another trip to dealer for investigation but neither front or back work

#5 ·
My logans rear washer seems slow to start up too, my front ones spray but I've also noticed alot of leakage from the jets where more water runs down the back and down the bonnet than onto the screen.
My screenwash is bright green and until yesterday when I washed it I had 2 green stains either side of the bonnet! It's still spraying enough to clear the front though, only really just noticed the leaking jets.

#7 ·
Car went in for 2nd service today and i queried the problem with the washers thinking that maybe all Dusters washers were a bit poor in operation.Not so, turns out that the pump is faulty. New pump now on order.
Had a new pump fitted yesterday. Such a difference, really good pressure now and water floods the front and rear screens like never before. Never worked like this from new!

Now this fault has been cured but the dreaded body rust has returned, seems one step forward and two steps back!

#8 ·
As an aside - can you alter the angle of the front screenwash jets? Mine spray high on the windscreen and would like to alter them but the traditional needle/pin push doesn't work. (Dacia Logan Laureate - long term lease) Looking at the 'housing' doesn't appear to be any adjustment.

#9 ·
As an aside - can you alter the angle of the front screenwash jets? Mine spray high on the windscreen and would like to alter them but the traditional needle/pin push doesn't work. (Dacia Logan Laureate - long term lease) Looking at the 'housing' doesn't appear to be any adjustment.
there's a thing inside the spray nozzle that moves up and down a bit I think, mine was aiming high and I blindly tried to move the spray down, it worked enough to stop the passenger side spraying the roof.

#13 ·
Yep especially as it will rapidly ruin the wipers across a dry screen with grit and muck and bugs on.

So is it just a Dacia thing or is it a fault?? I don't fancy a 120mile round trip if its not a warranty thing
think it's a Renault/Nissan thing. My pixo was the same, and the renault at work the spray is attached to the wiper, sometimes it'll do a full sweep before it starts up, then if it hasn't started before it hits rest it cancels it completely.
I'd rather spray the windscreen then wipers like cars years ago... I also think the wipers over kill it a bit with the amount of wipes ;-)

#15 ·
Bloody stupid. Why the hell do I want to dry wipe the window?
Oh well I will mention it at the yearly service and see what they say.
it's the same with the rear one going off constantly while I'm backing into the garage, once the warranty is up and I get chance the rear wiper system is coming out completely.
I always had saloons in my earlier days, since then I've always found rear wipers useless... They would be better off mounting a set on the side windows or on the inside of the windscreen for me :-D

#18 ·
Argggh. Mine is now wiping on reverse irrespective of front wipers being on. 99%sure it was only doing that when I had front on before but I do little reversing and normally only look in wing when reversing outside the house so could have been doing it all along.

Suppose it helps with wiper blade sales.

#19 ·
Argggh. Mine is now wiping on reverse irrespective of front wipers being on. 99%sure it was only doing that when I had front on before but I do little reversing and normally only look in wing when reversing outside the house so could have been doing it all along.

Suppose it helps with wiper blade sales.
I think it's if you've used the front wipers after switching on, even if you've just washered the windscreen :-o

#24 ·
Yes I was Carbone. I think I'll wait till I'm at dealers as the headlight adjusting dial in the car seems unconnected to anything and the dial bit and the white line indicating which level you're on move independent of one another.
the dial is a bit awkward I think, I've got mine to a level that's decent so im not moving it.
I'm at the dealers on thur( about My door), I've not used them before but they seemed happy enough to help out when I rang last week so I'll ask them about the Sprayers.