UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just coming up to 1500 miles and id like to do my swarf oil change on both engine and gearbox.

Is anyone able to give me a definitive answer to viscosity and spec of the engine oil? And the same for the gearbox?

Thanks in anticipation

Loft

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Having a previous 3 cylinder that was on 0/20 I hope this ones not. Its not easy to find. With it being turboed I'd say in may be 5/30 or 5/40? But i wouldnt want to put my head on the block (i do enough of that at work) Just the fact that they are slightly thicker, 0/20 is about as thick as wd40. If I go back to the dealer next week ill ask servicing, but this will be the oil they are authorised to use by dacia, I.e the cheapest they can, not the best one for the engine. Good luck in the meantime.

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers, i believe it to be 0w40 or 5w40 renault 710 spec, so i think it may be likes of comma xflow or mobil 1
Still researching

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok finally on to something

comma x-flow type G!!!!!
Rn0710 spec 5w40 fully synthetic

good price too really

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Good, thanks for the info, really glad its not 0/20, so expensive for just a really thin oil.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
My dealers got 5/40 castrol magnatec, apparently its what they use at service.
Got some coolant today, that's used on all renaults so it was easy for him to find and its all they stock.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Engine is 5w 40 4.1 Litres.. If you ever dont know what oil etc it takes(like gearbox oil etc) .Go to eurocaparts.com enter your reg No and it gives you parts (including oil and gearbox oil for your car).GEARBOXES are nowadays filled for life and just require level checking !! But as its easy to change on these cars ,I would personally change it around 50 thousand miles or so ?? Does nt need changing same frequency as engine,if at all ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Gearbox oil seems to be E.P 75w 80 GL4 .Hav nt time find capacity.but usually fill on "LEVEL" ground till it runs out of combined level / filler hole ?? Usually a 2 - 3 litres.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Gearbox oil seems to be E.P 75w 80 GL4 .Hav nt time find capacity.but usually fill on "LEVEL" ground till it runs out of combined level / filler hole ?? Usually a 2 - 3 litres.
Can you tell me where the combined level/filler hole is?.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Oct 2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2
1,732 Posts
Why do you want to know this? All manual run of the mill manual gearboxes have been "sealed for life" for at least 50 years. You'll be asking where the grease nipples are next :)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Why do you want to know this? All manual run of the mill manual gearboxes have been "sealed for life" for at least 50 years. You'll be asking where the grease nipples are next :)
Before you reply with sarcastic comments just consider this, I have a oil leak on the drive shaft output seal which can't be rectified immediately and I consider if it's possible it would be better,to avoid any further damage,to keep the unit topped up with oil. Obviously with Your superior engineering knowledge You consider a reasonable enquiry from an ex HGV mechanic as being ridiculous, with this in mind would you please when I or some other idiot asks a "stupid "question just roll your eyes privately and think what a T *** without trying to make us look idiots. Think on life's too short for aggravation all the time .Thank You.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
It's easy to find.

This is the advised Fuch's oil from their website for the engine.

TITAN GT1 PRO 229.6 SAE 5W-30 (XTL-Technology)
TITAN Supersyn LONGLIFE SAE 5W-40
TITAN Supersyn LONGLIFE SAE 0W-40

Gearbox

TITAN ATF 1
TITAN ATF 4400
TITAN ATF 4000

From a retired Heavy Goods driver lol.

I think I would use the 5W-40. Iv'e used Fuch's oils for years in my Terrano . Very good .
With a turbo the oil needs to be clean, I will change it in our new Stepway every 5000 miles, the filter is ok until the service.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts