UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this but have as yet not checked if it has that menu item on my cars cluster..has anyone else already checked that out..

·
Registered
370 Posts
That ain't set up, that's set tp or set tyre pressure, but who knows it might work for that as well, see that lcd had temperature reading as well.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
That ain't set up, that's set tp or set tyre pressure, but who knows it might work for that as well, see that lcd had temperature reading as well.
My Steppy has the temperature reading on it..
The temperature reading is the outside ambient temperature not the engine temperature though..

·
Registered
370 Posts
My Steppy has the temperature reading on it..
The temperature reading is the outside ambient temperature not the engine temperature though..
My Ambiance has time, oddo, trip and reset tp. If i want to know how cold it is I have to open a window.

·
Registered
279 Posts
It is set tp and not set up. And the warning light is tyre pressure and not the oil light. However, if the light does illuminate then you need to inflate the tyre to the correct psi as per the information on the door and then press and hold the button on set tp as the video demonstrates.
Mine come on about 3 weeks ago as I had a slow puncture n/s rear

·
Registered
398 Posts
According to the manual you are supposed to step to the service interval display on the on-board computer (where it shows how many miles until the service) then press and hold the button for 10 seconds and the light will turn off.

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
All I can say is the guy who did the video is a Moron,,, he needs to learn how to read,, and needs to get out more.

The halfwit just reset the tyre pressure alert, thats all,,,,,,, Its got sod all to do with oil,,,, and the display doesn`t say "set up" .

·
Registered
121 Posts
Isn't the oil light reset for when they change the oil, as there is some kind of measurement of the oil quality on the ECU. I recall seeing a thread on here where the RAC stated the oil reading from the car to the RAC diagnostics said the oil was degraded?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Isn't the oil light reset for when they change the oil, as there is some kind of measurement of the oil quality on the ECU. I recall seeing a thread on here where the RAC stated the oil reading from the car to the RAC diagnostics said the oil was degraded?
On my clio 3 the ECU gave an oil reading [OIL OK ] when you started up ..we dont get that on the steppy..the service light is like a clock counting down the mileage..when you have covered the stipulated mileage a message will tell you that its time for the service..its nothing to with degrading because most oils now are capable of 12k miles..personally I dont believe in running oil in my engines for that length of time because oil does degrade over that period of time with carbon and other pollutants..some might be happy but I'm not one of them.. :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
On my clio 3 the ECU gave an oil reading [OIL OK ] when you started up ..we dont get that on the steppy..the service light is like a clock counting down the mileage..when you have covered the stipulated mileage a message will tell you that its time for the service..its nothing to with degrading because most oils now are capable of 12k miles..personally I dont believe in running oil in my engines for that length of time because oil does degrade over that period of time with carbon and other pollutants..some might be happy but I'm not one of them.. :)
think the oil OK message is like the old 1.6 scenic and is just to let you know the levels not the quality.

·
Registered
425 Posts
think the oil OK message is like the old 1.6 scenic and is just to let you know the levels not the quality.
Thats right Glen..I very much doubt if there is and ECU out there capable of telling you if your cars oil is of good or poor quality..if there is I have not seen one..you can pretty much judge that when you dip your oil.. anyone of us who has changed oil in a car that has done considerable mileage can tell by the smell of it..its foul and disgusting and a diesel engine even more so...

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Because modern engines have become so technically advanced changing the oil is probably one of the only relatively straight forward jobs the average do it yourselfer (is there such a word) can do. Like the engines modern oil has advanced beyond all recognition with some makes like GM and PSG having cars that can go 20000 miles before servicing.

On most cars changing the oil before 12500 is wasteful and not environmentally friendly.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Because modern engines have become so technically advanced changing the oil is probably one of the only relatively straight forward jobs the average do it yourselfer (is there such a word) can do. Like the engines modern oil has advanced beyond all recognition with some makes like GM and PSG having cars that can go 20000 miles before servicing.

On most cars changing the oil before 12500 is wasteful and not environmentally friendly.
That would mean me not changing mine for the next 2 to 3 years at the rate I clock up mileage..I do have one service left at the dealer next June and after that its all mine..which will probably be yearly from then on wastage or not ..oil being the life blood or an engine will prolong its internals and the turbo far longer than some contaminated stuff..mine only gets used once a week at the mo where it gets a 40 mile run ..so for the sake of a few quid and getting dirty I will carry on the same routine I have done for many years..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts