UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the 0.9 tce start stop actually work on the Logan?

There doesn't seem to be a disable button on the dash like most cars and it's never actually worked, so I'm wondering if it has been omitted? Which wouldn't be a bad thing IMO opinion.

So my questions are has anyone actually experienced the stop start feature working on the Logan? (I understand there are various prerequisites). And is there any way to disable it via either a dash, combination press, dealership visit, pulling a fuse etc...

Many thanks...

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you have stop/start fitted then there should be a switch with a red LED on it down on the panel next to the gear lever !

Vstrom

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thanks, do you know if it will remember the setting if you disable it? And switch the engine off and on? Or is it a press on every journey thing to disable the stop start? Cheers

Also is anyone able to provide any pics of this switch please?

Thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Perfect, many thanks for that, is there any other known way to disable this via a long press? Combination press? Software update? Or fuse for the stop / start system please? There must be a unit or fuse somewhere that can permanently over ride this feature? Don't fancy having to press the button on every journey... Thanks...

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
my logan has it and I use it for about 1 seconds at a time as that's when the battery says am going flat and restarts.

with it on it saves money am sure easiest way to disable it is don't take foot off clutch when you stop at lights etc. or in traffic.

if your battery is low it wont stop.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I don't see why everybody hates the start stop system so much, I have had it for a couple of years in my wife's car and now on my Logan. I don't seem to have any problems with it. I think maybe in all that time once it has cut out just as I was about to put the clutch down to move off. So thuan caused me a seconds delay whilst I had to bring the clutch up and put it down again.

Otherwise the engine is always running before I get it in gear and want to move off.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't hate the start stop system, there is no harm in having the button and technology there and the idea is actually quite good. But I am pro choice, if a driver wants to turn start stop off because it's inappropriate for their location or driving style, then it should be able to remember that setting like with some other car manufacturers.

I do think even if parts are uprated (starter motor, battery etc.) it still puts extra stress and strain on the longevity of components (you could end up with several thousand start stop cycles a year, instead of a few hundred).

I can see for motorway tailbacks and queueing at traffic lights in cities it can be incredibly useful and will reduce idling emissions and improve air quality, but for country bumpkin dwellers like myself it just adds lag and provides uncertainty on fast take offs at the lights etc.

·
Registered
121 Posts
what is unfair is that cars with it pay less road tax but people then turn it off. Its a mad mad world

·
Registered
641 Posts
Hard to legislate and police individual choices for tax purposes without either your black box uploading as part of your self assessment every year or a disproportionate amount of people with clipboards.

Taxation should be through the petrol pump and the model/age of vehicle, the more fuel you use the less likely you are driving economically or using start stop.

But then that's also another way of saying if you are rich you can get away with stuff the less rich can't.

Politics,it's the rising balloon.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Though the pump is far too simplistic- how do you think goods reach the shops; imagine the outcry when the shops increase their prices because of haulage increase's. Also those that drive for a living (van drivers' driving schools) would be unfairly penalised. The best and fairest method would be like the tv license- everyone pays the same no matter what their watching on

·
Registered
641 Posts
Nah. As someone who is on the board of a retail outlet who directly pays haulage I've already thought about that angle. Do the maths based on the net income to the treasury, it would be barely noticed on a litre of fuel. The penalisation would be fair because the more you use the more you pay.

Additionally if you paid through the pumps and the figure was significant (its not, but say) it would put a pressure on goods miles.

Business would change, high capacity haulage would go up so would the number of local distribution centres to reduce net delivery miles.

No bad thing, just different. But the tax take is not sufficient to make the significant difference to effect that change.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Stop start batteries not up to wat there made for OK in non stop start but some. Customers car with stop start meaby been more bigger voltage batteries to coup with stop start ???

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Prob will had big set to with them over clutch that wat lot dealers gd talking to C/S help me after complain to them

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hard to legislate and police individual choices for tax purposes without either your black box uploading as part of your self assessment every year or a disproportionate amount of people with clipboards.

Taxation should be through the petrol pump and the model/age of vehicle, the more fuel you use the less likely you are driving economically or using start stop.

But then that's also another way of saying if you are rich you can get away with stuff the less rich can't.

Politics,it's the rising balloon.
Agreed Mr Fibble, there are too many clipboards already

1 - 20 of 40 Posts